MAN page from openSUSE Tumbleweed gnustep-base-1.26.0-34.5.x86_64.rpm
Section: GNUstep System Manual (1)
Updated: August 16, 2009Index
make_strings - tool to build lists of localizable strings from Objective-C files
parses Objective-C files and builds lists of localizable strings. Itthen creates new.strings
files or merges the strings with existing.strings
files. It's fairly intelligent when matching old and new strings, andproduces.strings
files that are (supposed to be) easy for a translator to work with.
make_stringsaccepts the following options:
- Prints a short list of available options.
- Prints additional information while processing.
- -L languages
- Specify which languages to process. Multuple-Loptions are accepted, or multiplelanguagesdefined in one-Lflag.
- Activates--aggresive-matchand automatically removes "dummy" entries that are added by importing.stringsfiles which were not created bymake_stringsprogram. This option is suitable whenmake_stringsis run for the first time and there is an existing.stringsfile which contains a fairly accurate translation.
- This option will makemake_stringsassume that matching keys should have matching translations. This cansave lots of work, but it increases the risk of erroneous translation.
- Removes obsolete strings/keys.
make_strings -L "English Swedish Russian" *.[hm]
was written Alexander Malmberg <alexanderAATTmalmberg.org>.This manual page was added by Yavor Doganov <yavorAATTgnu.org>.
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyrightnotice and this notice are preserved.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.