MAN page from Mandriva 2009 glibc-2.9-0.20081113.5.3mnb2.i586.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)Index
- report RPC information
]-t host program
call to anRPC
server and reports what it finds.
- Probe the portmapper onhost and print a list of all registeredRPCprograms. Ifhostis not specified, it defaults to the value returned byhostname(1).
- Make anRPCcall to procedure 0 ofprogramon the specifiedhostusingUDP and report whether a response was received.
- Make anRPCcall to procedure 0 ofprogramon the specifiedhostusingTCP and report whether a response was received.
- Useportnumas the port number for the-tand-uoptions instead of the port number given by the portmapper.
- Make anRPCbroadcast to procedure 0 of the specifiedprogramandversionusingUDPand report all hosts that respond.
- Delete registration for theRPCservice of the specifiedprogramandversion This option can be exercised only by the super-user.
Theprogramargument can be either a name or a number.
If aversionis specified,rpcinfoattempts to call that version of the specifiedprogram Otherwise,rpcinfoattempts to find all the registered versionnumbers for the specifiedprogramby calling version 0 (which is presumed notto exist; if it does exist,rpcinfoattempts to obtain this information by callingan extremely high versionnumber instead) and attempts to call each registered version.Note: the version number is required for-band-doptions.
To show all of theRPC
services registered on the local machine use:
example% rpcinfo -p
To show all of theRPCservices registered on the machine namedklaxonuse:
example% rpcinfo -p klaxon
To show all machines on the local net that are running the Yellow Pagesservice use:
example% rpcinfo -b ypserv 'version' | uniq
where 'version' is the current Yellow Pages version obtained from theresults of the-pswitch above.
To delete the registration for version 1 of thewalldservice use:
example% rpcinfo -d walld 1
- "RPC Programming Guide"
In releases prior to SunOS 3.0, the Network File System (NFS) did notregister itself with the portmapper;rpcinfo
cannot be used to makeRPC
calls to theNFS
server on hosts running such releases.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.