MAN page from Mandriva 2010 coreutils-doc-7.5-2.1mdv2010.0.i586.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: August 2009Index
comm - compare two sorted files line by line
]... FILE1 FILE2
Compare sorted files FILE1 and FILE2 line by line.
With no options, produce three-column output. Column one containslines unique to FILE1, column two contains lines unique to FILE2,and column three contains lines common to both files.
- suppress column 1 (lines unique to FILE1)
- suppress column 2 (lines unique to FILE2)
- suppress column 3 (lines that appear in both files)
- check that the input is correctly sorted, evenif all input lines are pairable
- do not check that the input is correctly sorted
- separate columns with STR
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Note, comparisons honor the rules specified by `LC_COLLATE'.
- comm -12 file1 file2
- Print only lines present in both file1 and file2.
- comm -3
- file1 file2 Print lines in file1 not in file2, and vice versa.
Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie.
Report comm bugs to bug-coreutilsAATTgnu.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/
Copyright © 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation forcommis maintained as a Texinfo manual. If theinfoandcommprograms are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqcomm invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.