MAN page from Fedora 24 libdb-utils-5.3.28-24.fc24.i686.rpm
Section: BerkeleyDB Utilities (1)
Updated: 06 December 2016Index
db_verify - Verify the database structure
[-NoqV] [-h home
] [-P password
utility verifies the structure of one or more files
and thedatabases they contain.
- -h home
- Specify a home directory for the database environment; bydefault, the current working directory is used.
- Skip the database checks for btree and duplicate sort order and forhashing.
If the file being verified contains databases with non-defaultcomparison or hashing configurations, calling the db_verifyutility without the -o flag will usually return failure. The-o flag causes db_verify to ignore database sort orhash ordering and allows db_verify to be used on these files.To fully verify these files, verify them explicitly using theDB->verify method, after configuring the correct comparison or hashingfunctions.
- Do not acquire shared region mutexes while running. Other problems,such as potentially fatal errors in Berkeley DB, will be ignored as well.This option is intended only for debugging errors, and should not beused under any other circumstances.
- -P password
- Specify an environment password. Although Berkeley DB utilities overwritepassword strings as soon as possible, be aware there may be a window ofvulnerability on systems where unprivileged users can see command-linearguments or where utilities are not able to overwrite the memorycontaining the command-line arguments.
- Suppress the printing of any error descriptions, simply exit success orfailure.
- Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit.
The db_verify utility does not perform any locking, even inBerkeley DB environments that are configured with a locking subsystem. Assuch, it should only be used on files that are not being modified byanother thread of control.
The db_verify utility may be used with a Berkeley DB environment (as described for the-h option, the environment variable DB_HOME, orbecause the utility was run in a directory containing a Berkeley DBenvironment). In order to avoid environment corruption when using aBerkeley DB environment, db_verify should always be given the chance todetach from the environment and exit gracefully. To cause db_verifyto release all environment resources and exit cleanly, send it aninterrupt signal (SIGINT).
utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs.
- If the -h option is not specified and the environment variableDB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as describedin DB_ENV->open.
- EXIT STATUS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.