MAN page from Fedora 26 beesu-2.7-29.fc26.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Manuals (1)
Updated: JUNE 2010Index
beesu - A wrapper for "su" that provides a graphical interface in Fedora.
SYNOPSISbeesu [-P] [-v] [-l] [-m] [-f] [-s] [-c]COMMANDARGs...
is a wrapper around su
(1)and works withconsolehelper
(8)in Fedora to provide a graphical interface like gksu.
beesuis dedicated to all the friends of honey bees!
- display the software version and exit
- display the configuration file contents and exit
- don't join ARGs together
- verbose output
- -, -l, --login
- make the shell a login shell
- -c COMMAND
- pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c
- -f, --fast
- pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh)
- -m, --preserve-environment
- do not reset environment variables
- -s SHELL
- run SHELL
EXAMPLESbeesu - nautilus
To start nautilusas root.
beesu -l -P whoami test
That will start whoamiimpersonating the usertest(note that the root's password is asked, and not test's).Due to the-Pswitch, all parameters are directly passed tosu(1).Therefore, the command to execute must be single or double quoted togetherwithitsarguments(but in this case there isn't anything to quote).
- This is the configuration file for beesu.This file allows you to restrict the usage of beesu to run onlywith a specified list of commands. This may prevent you to runcommands that, because of your mistakes, can damage your system.
The command name could be any command. Be careful to not type something that could wipe away your system.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.