MAN page from Fedora 23 gap-core-4.7.8-2.fc23.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
gap - Run the Groups, Algorithms and Programming system
GAP is a system for computational discrete algebra, with particular emphasison Computational Group Theory. GAP provides a programming language, a libraryof thousands of functions implementing algebraic algorithms written in the GAPlanguage as well as large data libraries of algebraic objects. GAP is used inresearch and teaching for studying groups and their representations, rings,vector spaces, algebras, combinatorial structures, and more.
Boolean options (b, e, p, q, r, A, D, M, N, O, T, X, and Y) toggle the currentvalue each time they are used. Default actions are indicated first.
MEM options indicate a number of bytes. Larger units are indicated withtrailing characters: 'k' for kilobytes, m for megabytes, and g for gigabytes.For example, '512k' means 512 kilobytes.
- -a MEM
- Set the amount of preallocated space.
- Disable/enable the banner.
- -c MEM
- Set the cache size.
- Disable/enable quitting on Ctrl-D.
- Force line editing.
- Show GASMAN messages. If this option is given once, then full garbagecollections are shown. If it is given twice, all garbage collections areshown.
- Print a help message and exit.
- -i FILE
- Load an alternate init file.
- -l PATHS
- Set the GAP root paths. A leading semicolon means to append PATHS to theexisting list of root paths. A trailing semicolon means to prepend PATHS.Otherwise, the list of root paths is replaced with PATHS.
- -m MEM
- Set the initial workspace size.
- Prevent line editing.
- -o MEM
- Set the hint for the maximal workspace size. GAP may allocate more.
- Enable/disable emitting extra commands to the output to tell a window handlerwhat GAP is doing.
- Enable/disable quiet mode.
- Disable/enable reading of the .gaprc file.
- -x NUM
- Set the window width to NUM columns.
- -y NUM
- Set the window height to NUM rows.
- Disable/enable autoloading of GAP packages.
- -B NAME
- Set the name of the current architecture.
- -C <output> <input> <name>
- Compile an input file with the given name into an output file.
- Enable/disable debugging the loading of library files.
- -K MEM
- Set the maximal workspace size. GAP never allocates more.
- -L FILE
- Restore a saved workspace.
- Disable/enable loading of compiled modules.
- Disable/enable check for completion files.
- Enable/disable compatibility with GAP 3, by causing false and fail to be thesame value.
- Prevent restoring of workspace (causes -L to be ignored).
- Disable/enable break loop.
- -U OPTIONS
- Set the compile options for compiling GAP files.
- Enable/disable CRC while reading completion.
- Enable/disable CRC while completing files.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.