MAN page from Fedora 18 xorg-x11-utils-7.5-7.fc18.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: xlsfonts 1.0.3Index
xlsfonts - server font list displayer for X
] [-w width
] [-n columns
] [-fn pattern
xlsfonts lists the fonts that match the given pattern.The wildcard character "*" may be used to match any sequence of characters(including none), and "?" to match any single character.If no pattern is given, "*" is assumed.
The "*" and "?" characters must be quoted to prevent them from being expanded by the shell.
- -display host:dpy
- This option specifies the X server to contact.
- -d host:dpy
- Same as -display host:dpy.
- Lists some attributes of the font on one line in additionto its name.
- Lists font properties in addition to -l output.
- Lists character metrics in addition to -ll output.
- This option indicates that long listings should also printthe minimum and maximum bounds of each font.
- This option indicates that listings should use multiple columns.This is the same as -n 0.
- This option indicates that listings should use a single column.This is the same as -n 1.
- -w width
- This option specifies the width in characters that should beused in figuring out how many columns to print.The default is 79.
- -n columns
- This option specifies the number of columns to use indisplaying the output. By default, it will attempt tofit as many columns of font names into the number ofcharacter specified by -w width.
- This option indicates that the output should be left unsorted.
- This option indicates that xlsfonts should do an OpenFont(and QueryFont, if appropriate) rather than a ListFonts.This is useful if ListFonts or ListFontsWithInfo fail tolist a known font (as is the case with some scaled fontsystems).
- -fn pattern
- This option specifies the font name pattern to match.
(1), X Logical Font Description Conventions
- DISPLAY must be set to get the default host and display to use.
Doing ``xlsfonts -l'' can tie up your server for a very long time. This is really a bug with single-threadednon-preemptable servers, not with this program.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.