MAN page from Fedora 3 gstreamer-0.8.7-3.i386.rpm
Section: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (1)
Updated: March 2001Index
gst-xmllaunch - build and run a GStreamer pipeline from an XML serialization
XML-FILE [ ELEMENT.PROPERTY=VALUE ... ]
gst-xmllaunch is a tool that is used to build and run a basicGStreamer pipeline, loading it from an XML description. You canproduce the XML description using gst-launch-0.8(1) with the -o option or bycalling gst_xml_write_file() in your own app.
A simple commandline looks like:
gst-xmllaunch my-pipeline.xml filesrc0.location=music.mp3
This sets the location property of the element named filesrc0 to the value"music.mp3". See gst-launch(1) for syntax on setting element names, andgst-inspect to see what properties various elements have.
You can pass "-" as the XML-FILE to read from stdin.
XML-FILE can be a URI as well, thanks to the wizardry of libxml. I'm not reallysure what all is supported, it seems http works just fine though.
accepts the following options:
- Print help synopsis and available FLAGS
- Do not output status information
- --exclude=TYPE, -XTYPE
- Do not output status information of TYPE
- --output=FILE, -oFILE
- Save XML representation of pipeline to FILE and exit
- GStreamer info flags to set (list with --help)
- GStreamer debugging flags to set (list with --help)
- GStreamer info and debugging flags to set (list with --help)
- GStreamer info flags to setEnable printout of errors while loading GStreamer plugins
- Add directories separated with ':' to the plugin search path
The GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.