MAN page from PCLinuxOS glib2.0-common-2.56.1-1pclos2018.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
gsettings - GSettings configuration tool
- gsettings get SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY
- gsettings monitor SCHEMA [:PATH] [KEY]
- gsettings writable SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY
- gsettings range SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY
- gsettings describe SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY
- gsettings set SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY VALUE
- gsettings reset SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY
- gsettings reset-recursively SCHEMA [:PATH]
- gsettings list-schemas [--print-paths]
- gsettings list-relocatable-schemas
- gsettings list-keys SCHEMA [:PATH]
- gsettings list-children SCHEMA [:PATH]
- gsettings list-recursively [SCHEMA [:PATH]]
- gsettings help [COMMAND]
gsettingsoffers a simple commandline interface toGSettings. It lets you get, set or monitor an individual key for changes.
TheSCHEMAandKEYarguments are required for most commands to specify the schema id and the name of the key to operate on. The schema id may optionally have a :PATHsuffix. Specifying the path is only needed if the schema does not have a fixed path.
When setting a key, you also need specify aVALUEThe format for the value is that of a serializedGVariant, so e.g. a string must include explicit quotes: "'foo'". This format is also used when printing out values.
Note that gsettings needs a D-Bus session bus connection to write changes to the dconf database.
- Gets the value ofKEY. The value is printed out as a serialisedGVariant.
- MonitorsKEYfor changes and prints the changed values. If noKEYis specified, all keys in the schema are monitored. Monitoring will continue until the process is terminated.
- Finds out whetherKEYis writable.
- Queries the range of valid values forKEY.
- Queries the description of valid values forKEY.
- Sets the value ofKEYtoVALUE. The value is specified as a serialisedGVariant.
- ResetsKEYto its default value.
- Reset all keys under the givenSCHEMA.
- Lists the installed, non-relocatable schemas. Seelist-relocatable-schemasif you are interested in relocatable schemas. If[--print-paths]is given, the path where each schema is mapped is also printed.
- Lists the installed, relocatable schemas. Seelist-schemasif you are interested in non-relocatable schemas.
- Lists the keys inSCHEMA.
- Lists the children ofSCHEMA.
- Lists keys and values, recursively. If noSCHEMAis given, list keys in all schemas.
- Prints help and exits.
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.