MAN page from PCLinuxOS libxv1-devel-1.0.1-3.pclo2005.mde.i586.rpm
Section: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (3x)
Updated: libXv 1.0.1Index
XvQueryBestSize - determine the optimum drawable region size
XvQueryBestSize(dpy, port, motion, vw, vh, dw, dh, p_dw, p_dh)
unsigned int vw, vh;
unsigned int dw, dh;
unsigned int *p_dw, *p_dh;
- Specifies the display screen on which theXv Server is to accept requests from Xv clients. If thedisplay option is not specified, Xv uses the display screenspecified by your DISPLAY environment variable. The displayoption has the format hostname:number. Using two colons(::) instead of one (:) indicates that DECnet is to be usedfor transport.
- Defines the port associated with the display and adaptor for which the optimum size is to be calculated.
- Specifies True if the destination size needs to supportfull motion, and False if the destination size need onlysupport still images.
- Specifies the size of the source video region desired.
- Specifies the size of the destination drawable region desired.
- Pointers to where the closest destination sizes supported by the server arereturned.
Some ports may be able to scale incoming or outgoing video. XvQueryBestSize
(3x) returns the size of the closest destinationregion that is supported by the adaptor. The returned size isguaranteed to be smaller than the requested size if a smaller size is supported.
- Returned if XvQueryBestSize(3x) completed successfully.
- Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable.
- Returned if XvQueryBestSize(3x) failed to allocate memory to processthe request.
- Generated if the requested port does not exist.
- Returned Values
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.