MAN page from PCLinuxOS libxv1-devel-1.0.1-3.pclo2005.mde.i586.rpm
Section: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (3x)
Updated: libXv 1.0.1Index
XvGrabPort - lock port for exclusive use by client
XvGrabPort(dpy, port, time)
- Specifies the display screen on which theXv Server is to accept requests from Xv clients. If thedisplay option is not specified, Xv uses the display screenspecified by your DISPLAY environment variable. The displayoption has the format hostname:number. Using two colons(::) instead of one (:) indicates that DECnet is to be usedfor transport.
- Defines the port to be grabbed.
- Specifies the request timestamp.
(3x) grabs a port. Once a client grabs a port, only that client can make video requeststo that port.
If the time is before the current port time, the XvGrabPort request isignored and XvInvalidTime is returned. If the port is already grabbed byanother client, XvAlreadyGrabbed is returned. Otherwise it returns astatus of Success. The port time is updated when the followingrequests are processed: XvGrabPort(3x), XvUngrabPort(3x),XvPutVideo(3x), XvPutStill(3x), XvGetVideo(3x), XvGetStill(3x).
If the port is actively processing video for another client, thevideo is preempted, and an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvPreemptedis generated for its drawable.
- Returned if XvGrabPort(3x) completed successfully.
- Returned if requested time is older than the current port time.
- Returned if the port is already grabbed by another client.
- Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable.
- Returned if XvGrabPort(3x) failed to allocate memory to processthe request.
- Generated if the requested port does not exist.
- Returned Values
- See Also
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.