MAN page from PCLinuxOS libxv1-devel-1.0.1-3.pclo2005.mde.i586.rpm
Section: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (3x)
Updated: libXv 1.0.1Index
XvGetVideo - capture video from a drawable
XvGetVideo(dpy, port, d, gc, vx, vy, vw, vh, dx, dy, dw, dh)
register Display *dpy;
int vx, vy, dx, dy;
unsigned int vw, vh;
unsigned int dw, dh;
- Specifies the display screen on which theXv Server is to accept requests from Xv clients. If thedisplay option is not specified, Xv uses the display screenspecified by your DISPLAY environment variable. The displayoption has the format hostname:number. Using two colons(::) instead of one (:) indicates that DECnet is to be usedfor transport.
- Defines the port to which video output is sent.
- Defines the drawable (window) from which video output is to be obtained.
- Defines the graphical context. GC components are: subwindow-mode, clip-x-origin, clip-y-origin,and clip-mask.
- Define the location and size of the video region is to be written. vx and vy define the x andycoordinates of the upper-left corner of the video region; vw andvhdefine the width and height, in pixels, of the video region.
- Define the location of the source drawable from which thevideo image is to be taken. dx anddy define the x andy coordinates of the upper-left corner of the drawable region; dw and dh define the width and height, in pixels, of the drawable region.
outputs video from a drawable. The positionand size of the destination rectangle is specified by vx,vy, vw,
The position and size of the source rectangle is specified by dx, dy, dw,
Drawable data is clipped to the bounds of the drawable, scaled to therequested video region size (or the closest size supported) andclipped to the bounds of the video encoding. The contents of any regionnot updated with drawable data is undefined.
If video is successfully initiated, an XvVideoNotify event withdetail XvStarted is generated for the drawable. If the port isalready in use, its video is preempted, and if the new drawable isdifferent than the old, an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvPreemptedis generated for the old drawable. If the port is grabbed by anotherclient, this request is ignored, and an XvVideoNotify event with detailXvBusy is generated for the drawable.
- Returned if XvGetVideo(3x) completed successfully.
- Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable.
- Returned if XvGetVideo(3x) failed to allocate memory to processthe request.
- Generated if the requested port does not exist.
- Generated if the requested graphics context does not exist.
- Generated if the requested drawable does not exist.
- Generated if there were insufficient resources to process the request.
- Returned Values
- See Also
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.