MAN page from OpenSuSE pwdutils-3.2.5-2.4.1.x86_64.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: October 2003Index
userdel - delete an user account
- userdel [-D binddn] [-P path] [-r[-f]]
[--service service] [--help] [-u] [-v] account
deletes an user account from the local system files ora LDAP database and removes all entries that refer to account
from thegroup database. Before the account
is removed, the USERDEL_PRECMDcommand as defined inlogin.defs
(5)is called, after removal the USERDEL_POSTCMD command is called.
- -r, --remove-home
- Remove the whole home directory and the mail spool of the specifiedaccount. Files located in other directories will have to be searchedfor and deleted manually.
- -f, --force
- This option is used to force the removal of files, even if not ownedby the account.
- --service service
- Add the account to a special directory. The default is files,but ldap is also valid.
- -D, --binddn binddn
- Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory.The user will be prompted for a password for simple authentication.
- -P, --path path
- The passwd and shadow files are located belowthe specified directory path. chpasswd will use this files,not /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.
- Print a list of valid options with a short description.
- -u, --usage
- Print a short list of valid options.
- -v, --version
- Print the version number and exit.
passwd - user account information
shadow - shadow user account information
group - group information
Thorsten Kukuk <kukukAATTsuse.de>
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.