MAN page from RedHat EL 5 tdb-tools-1.2.12-43.1.i386.rpm
Section: System Administration tools (8)
tdbtool - manipulate the contents TDB files
- tdbtool TDBFILE [COMMANDS...]
DESCRIPTIONThis tool is part of thesamba(1)suite.
tdbtoola tool for displaying and altering the contents of Samba TDB (Trivial DataBase) files. Each of the commands listed below can be entered interactively or provided on the command line.
- create TDBFILE
- Create a new database namedTDBFILE.
- open TDBFILE
- Open an existing database namedTDBFILE.
- Erase the current database.
- Dump the current database as strings.
- Dump the current database as connection records.
- Dump the current database keys as strings.
- Dump the current database keys as hex values.
- Print summary information about the current database.
- insert KEY DATA
- Insert a record into the current database.
- move KEY TDBFILE
- Move a record from the current database intoTDBFILE.
- store KEY DATA
- Store (replace) a record in the current database.
- show KEY
- Show a record by key.
- delete KEY
- Delete a record by key.
- Print the current database hash table and free list.
- Print the current database and free list.
- ! COMMAND
- Execute the given system command.
- Print the first record in the current database.
- Print the next record in the current database.
- Check the integrity of the current database.
The contents of the Samba TDB files are private to the implementation and should not be altered withtdbtool.
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite.
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed.
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.