MAN page from OpenSuSE pulseaudio-utils-4.0-136.1.i586.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
pax11publish - PulseAudio X11 Credential Utility
pax11publish [options] [-d]
pax11publish [options] -e
pax11publish [options] -i
pax11publish [options] -r
utility can be used to dump or manipulate the PulseAudio server credentials that can be stored as properties on the X11 root window.
Please note that the loadable module module-x11-publish exports the same information directly from the PulseAudio sound server, and should in most cases be used in preference over this tool.
Use the following command to dump the raw PulseAudio-specific data that is stored in your X11 root window:
xprop -root | grep ^PULSE_
- Show help.
- Read the PulseAudio server credentials currently set on the X11 root window and dump them in a human readable form. This reads the PULSE_SERVER, PULSE_SINK, PULSE_SOURCE and PULSE_COOKIE properties.
- Similar to -d, however dumps them in a Bourne shell compatible format so they may be used together with the eval shell command to set the $PULSE_SERVER, $PULSE_SINK, $PULSE_SOURCE environment variables. Also reads the authentication cookie from the root window and stores it in ~/.config/pulse/cookie.
- Export the currently locally used sound server, sink, source configuration to the X11 root window. This takes the data from the $PULSE_SERVER, $PULSE_SINK, $PULSE_SOURCE environment variables and combines them with the data from ~/.config/pulse/client.conf (or /etc/pulse/client.conf if that file does not exist). If specific options are passed on the command line (-S, -O, -I, -c, see below), they take precedence. Also uploads the local authentication cookie ~/.config/pulse/cookie to the X11 server.
- Removes the configured PulseAudio configuration from the X11 root window.
- -D DISPLAY
- Connect to the specified X11 display, instead of the default one configured in $DISPLAY.
- -S SERVER
- Only valid for -e: export the specified PulseAudio server as default to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local configuration.
- -O SINK
- Only valid for -e: export the specified sink as default sink to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local configuration.
- -I SOURCE
- Only valid for -e: export the specified source as default to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local configuration.
- -c FILE
- Only valid for -e: export the PulseAudio authentication cookie stored in the specified file to the X11 display instead of the one stored in ~/.config/pulse/cookie.
The PulseAudio Developers <pulseaudio-discuss (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; PulseAudio is available from http://pulseaudio.org/
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.