MAN page from StartCom 5 device-mapper-1.02.67-2.SEL5_6.x86_64.rpm
Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: DM TOOLS 2.02.88
dmeventd - Device-mapper event daemon
dmeventd is the event monitoring daemon for device-mapper devices.Library plugins can register and carry out actions triggered whenparticular events occur.
- Attempts to handle device failure automatically. See lvm.conf(5).
- Monitors how full a snapshot is becoming and emits a warning tosyslog when it exceeds 80% full.The warning is repeated when 85%, 90% and 95% of the snapshot is filled.See lvm.conf(5).
- Repeat from 1 to 3 times (-d, -dd, -ddd) to increase the detail ofdebug messages sent to syslog.Each extra d adds more debugging information.
- Don't fork, run in the foreground.
- Replace a running dmeventd instance. The running dmeventd must be version2.02.77 or newer. The new dmeventd instance will obtain a list of devices andevents to monitor from the currently running daemon.
- -h, -?
- Show help information.
- Show version of dmeventd.
- LVM PLUGINS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.