MAN page from StartCom 5 a2ps-4.13b-57.2.SEL5_4.i386.rpm
Section: FSF (1)
Updated: February 2000Index
texi2dvi4a2ps - Compile Texinfo and LaTeX files to DVI or PDF
Run each Texinfo or LaTeX FILE through TeX in turn until allcross-references are resolved, building all indices. The directorycontaining each FILE is searched for included files. The suffix of FILEis used to determine its language (LaTeX or Texinfo).
Makeinfo is used to perform Texinfo macro expansion before running TeXwhen needed.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit successfully
- -v, --version
- display version information and exit successfully
- -V, --verbose
- report on what is done
- -q, --quiet
- no output unless errors (implies --batch)
- -s, --silent
- same as --quiet
- -D, --debug
- turn on shell debugging (set -x)
- -b, --batch
- no interaction
- -c, --clean
- remove all auxiliary files
- -o, --output=FILE
- leave output in FILE (implies --clean)
Only one FILE may be specified if `--output' is used.
- use @input instead of \input; for preloaded Texinfo
- -e, --expand
- force macro expansion using makeinfo
- -I DIR
- search DIR for Texinfo files
- -l, --language=LANG
- specify the LANG of FILE (LaTeX or Texinfo)
- -p, --pdf
- use pdftex or pdflatex for processing
- -t, --texinfo=CMD
- insert CMD after @setfilename in copy of input filemultiple values accumulate
The values of the BIBTEX, LATEX (or PDFLATEX), MAKEINDEX, MAKEINFO,TEX (or PDFTEX), and TEXINDEX environment variables are used to runthose commands, if they are set.
Email bug reports to <bug-texinfoAATTgnu.org>,general questions and discussion to <help-texinfoAATTgnu.org>.
Copyright © 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this softwareunder the terms of the GNU General Public License.For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.
texi2dvi4a2ps is exactly the same script as texi2dvi, part of thepackage GNU Texinfo. It is used by a2ps when delegating LaTeX andTexinfo files. Instead of checking whether the version of texi2dviwhich is installed is recent enough, it is more convenient for theusers that a2ps is shipped with the version of texi2dvi it requires.a2ps
The full documentation fortexi2dviis maintained as a Texinfo manual. If theinfoandtexi2dviprograms are properly installed at your site, the command
- info texi2dvi
should give you access to the complete manual.
- Operation modes:
- TeX tuning:
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.