Section: AFS Command Reference (8)
kas list - Displays all entries in the Authentication Database
<admin principal to use for authentication
] >>> << [-cell
<explicit list of authentication servers
kas ls [-l] [-showa] [-showk]
<< [-a <admin principal to use for authentication] >>>
<< [-p <admin password] >>> << [-c <cell name] >>>
<< [-se <explicit list of authentication servers+] >>> [-n] [-h]
The kas list
command either displays all entries from theAuthentication Database by name, or displays the full database entry for adefined set of entries, as determined by the flag provided:
- To display every entry in the Authentication Database in full, include the-long flag.
- To display only those entries in full that have the ADMIN flag set,include the -showadmin flag.
- To list only the name of each Authentication Database entry, omit both the-long and -showadmin flags.
By default, full entries include a checksum for the encryption key, ratherthan the actual octal digits that constitute the key. To display the octaldigits, include the -showkey flag with the -long or -showadminflag.
- Displays every Authentication Database entry in full. Provide this flag orthe -showadmin flag, or omit both to display just the name of everydatabase entry.
- Displays in full only the Authentication Database entries that have theADMIN flag set. Provide this flag or the -long flag, or omit both todisplay just the name of every database entry.
- Displays the octal digits that constitute the key in each fullentry. Provide either the -long or -showadmin flag along with thisone.
- -admin_username <admin principal>
- Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with theAuthentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, seethe kas(8) manpage.
- -password_for_admin <admin password>
- Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (asrecommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does notecho it visibly. For more details, see the kas(8) manpage.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, seethe kas(8) manpage.
- -servers <authentication servers>+
- Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which toestablish a connection. For more details, see the kas(8) manpage.
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For moredetails, see the kas(8) manpage.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options areignored.
If neither the -long
flag is provided, the outputlists the name of each entry in the Authentication Database on its ownline.
If the -long flag is included, the output includes every AuthenticationDatabase entry in full. If the -showadmin flag is included, the outputincludes in full only the Authentication Database entries that have theADMIN flag set. If the -showkey is provided along with either one,the output includes the octal digits that constitute the encryption key ineach entry.
A full Authentication Database entry includes the same informationdisplayed by the kas examine command; for details, see that command'sreference page.
The issuer must have the ADMIN
flag set on his or her AuthenticationDatabase entry.
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/
> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It wasconverted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and RussAllbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.
- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.