MAN page from StartCom 5 openldap-servers-overlays-2.3.43-12.SEL5_5.i386.rpm
Section: File Formats (5)
slapo-syncprov - Sync Provider overlay
The Sync Provider overlay implements the provider-side support for theLDAP Content Synchronization (RFC4533) as well as syncrepl replicationsupport. The overlaycan be used with any backend that maintains entryCSN and entryUUIDattributes for its entries. It also creates a contextCSN attribute inthe root entry of the database.
The contextCSN is updated for every write operation performed against thedatabase. To reduce database contention, the contextCSN is only updated inmemory. The value is written to the database on server shutdown and read intomemory on startup, and maintained in memory thereafter. Checkpoints may beconfigured to write the contextCSN into the underlying database to minimizerecovery time after an unclean shutdown.
Note that due to deadlock constraints in the LDBM database, this overlaywill only work in RefreshOnly mode, and cannot perform checkpoints, on LDBM.
On databases that support inequality indexing, it is helpful to set aneq index on the entryCSN attribute when using this overlay.
options apply to the Sync Provider overlay.They should appear after theoverlay
- syncprov-checkpoint <ops> <minutes>
- After a write operation has succeeded, write the contextCSN to the underlyingdatabase if<ops>write operations or more than<minutes>time have passedsince the last checkpoint. Checkpointing is disabled by default.
- syncprov-sessionlog <ops>
- Specify a session log for recording information about write operations madeon the database. The<ops>specifies the number of operations that are recorded in the log. All writeoperations (except Adds) are recorded in the log.When using the session log, it is helpful to set an eq index on theentryUUID attribute in the underlying database.
- syncprov-nopresent TRUE | FALSE
- Specify that the Present phase of refreshing should be skipped. This valueshould only be set TRUE for a syncprov instance on top of a log database(such as one managed by the accesslog overlay).The default is FALSE.
- syncprov-reloadhint TRUE | FALSE
- Specify that the overlay should honor the reloadHint flag in the SyncControl. In OpenLDAP releases 2.3.11 and earlier the syncrepl consumer didnot properly set this flag, so the overlay must ignore it. This optionshould be set TRUE when working with newer releases that properly supportthis flag. It must be set TRUE when using the accesslog overlay fordelta-based syncrepl support. The default is FALSE.
- default slapd configuration file
(5).OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.