MAN page from RedHat EL 8 fpdns-0.10.0-1.20190131.el8.noarch.rpm
Section: User Contributed Perl Documentation (1)
fpdns - DNS server fingeprinting tool
] [ -f
] [ -F nchild
[ -p port
] [ -Q srcaddr
] [ -r retry
] [ -S separator
] [ -t timeout
] [ -v
is a program that remotely determines DNS
server versions.It does this by sending a series of borderline DNS
queries which arecompared against a table of responses and server versions.
False positives or incorrect versions may be reported when trying to identify a set of servers residing behind a load-balancing apparatus where the servers are of different implementations, when a specific implementation behaves like a forwarder, behind a firewall without statefull inspection or without Application Intelligence.
- Enable debugging. Off by default.
- Check all authoritative servers of the specified domain name.
- Force checking of CH TXT version. Off by default.
- -F nchild
- Maximum number of forked child processes. Defaults to 10.
- -p port
- Port to query remote nameserver on. Default is 53.
- -Q srcaddr
- Set the source IP address to use.
- -r retry
- Number of attempt to retry fingerprints. Defaults to 1.
- Short display form. Useful for surveys.
- Separator. Defaults to `` ''.
- -t timeout
- Set the query timeout in seconds. Defaults to 5.
- Use TCP instead of UDP.
- Show version of fpdns.
- IP address or name to query. Alternatively may be '-' to read from a list of these from stdin
fpdns was written by Roy Arends and Jakob Schlyter.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.