MAN page from Fedora 30 wavemon-0.9.1-1.fc30.x86_64.rpm
Section: User Manuals (5)
Updated: December 2018Index
$HOME/.wavemonrc - wavemon configuration file
is the per-user configuration file for wavemon
(1).This page describes its individual configuration options. Each correspondsto a configuration item of the Preferences
screen (F7 key), whoseon-screen name is shown in parentheses.interface = <ifname>
cisco_mac = (on|off)
- Selects the wireless interface to use.
(Cisco-style MAC addresses)
sort_order = (channel|essid|mac|signal|open|chan/sig|open/sig)
- If enabled, display MAC addresses using lower-case hex digits separated by dotsrather than colons.
(Scan sort type)
sort_ascending = (on|off)
- Determines the ordering used in the scan window: channel sorts by channel number, essid byaccess point name, mac by MAC address, signal by signal strength, and open by openness.The combined variants chan/sig and open/sig sort first by channel/openness and then by signal strength.It also affects the status line at the bottom: normally the most crowded channels are listed,sorting by channel in descending order switches to least crowded ones instead.
(Scan sort direction)
stat_updates = <n>
- Sets the direction of the sort_order: ascending (on) or descending (off).
lhist_slot_size = <n>
- Time interval for polling new statistics (including scan refresh). Range: 10..4000ms.
(Histogram update cycles)
meter_smoothness = <n>
- Number of samples used per each histogram slot. For example, if the stat_updatesinterval is 500ms and the histogram slot size is 4, the histogram is movedone slot further every 2 seconds. Range: 1..64.
(Level meter smoothness)
info_updates = <n>
- Determines the responsiveness of level meters, tracking the moving averagerather than following each new sample. The given value specifies the percentageof the history (the 'inertia') of preceding samples. A value of 0 disablesthis option. Range: 0..99%.
(Dynamic info updates)
override_auto_scale = (on|off)
- Sets refresh rate for dynamic device parameters (e.g. bitrate) and therefresh interval for the Scan window (F3). Range: 1..60s.
(Override scale autodetect)
min_signal_level, max_signal_level = <n>
- Override the auto-scaling of the bar graphs and histogram, allowing you to set your own scales.
(Minimum signal level, Maximum signal level)
min_noise_level, max_noise_level = <n>
- Set the left and right boundaries of the signal level scales. Ranges: -100..-39 (minimum) and -40..-10dBm (maximum).
(Minimum noise level, Maximum noise level)
lo_threshold_action = (disabled|beep|flash|beep+flash)
- These work similar to the signal boundary settings. Ranges: -120..-70dBm(minimum) and -69..-40dBm (maximum).
(Low threshold action)
lo_threshold = <n>
- Issue a warning at a given threshold at the lower end of the signalscale. It is meant for alarming you when a signal appears at the receiver.
hi_threshold_action = (disabled|beep|flash|beep+flash)
- Sets the threshold value for the 'Low threshold action'.Range: -120..-60dBm.
(High threshold action)
hi_threshold = <n>
- Analogous to lo_threshold_action, only this time the threshold is atthe upper end of the scale and the action is performed when the signal leveldrops below it. The acoustic signal is also different in order to be easilydistinguishable from the lower one. Correctly adjusted, this little fellowwill tell you when you should move closer to the base station.
transparent_bg = (on|off)
- Sets the threshold for the 'High threshold action'. Range: -59..120dBm.
(Use transparent background)
startup_screen = (info|histogram|scan window)
- If enabled, use a transparent background instead of black. This isenabled by default and can only be turned off via the startup file.
- Which of the screens appears at program startup.
Written by Jan Morgenstern <janAATTjm-music.de>.
Send bug reports and/or suggestions to Gerrit Renker <gerritAATTerg.abdn.ac.uk>.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See file COPYING for details.
- REPORTING BUGS
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.