MAN page from RedHat EL 7 git-tools-2019.11-1.el7.noarch.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
git-strip-merge -A git-merge wrapper that deletes files on a "foreign" branch before merging
git-merge that deletes files on "foreign" <branch> before merging.
Useful for ignoring a folder in <branch> before merging it withcurrent branch. Works by deleting FILE(S) in a detached commit basedon <branch>, and then performing the merge of this new commit in thecurrent branch. Note that <branch> is not changed by this procedure.Also note that <branch> may actually be any reference, like a tag,or a remote branch, or even a commit SHA.
For more information, see <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3111515>
- -h, --help
- show help message and exit
- -v, --verbose
- do not use -q to suppress normal output of internal steps from gitcheckout, rm, commit. By default, only git merge output is shown.Errors, however, are never suppressed.
- -M <message>, --msgcommit=<message>
- message for the removal commit in <branch>. Not to be confusedwith the message of the merge commit, which is set by -m. Defaultmessage is: "remove files from '<branch>' before merge".
- -m <message>, --message=<message>
- message for the merge commit. Since we are not merging <branch>directly, but rather a detached commit based on it, we forge amessage similar to git's default for a branch merge. Otherwisegit would use in message the full and ugly SHA1 of our commit.Default message is: "Merge stripped branch '<branch>'".
For both commit messages, the token "<branch>" is replaced for theactual <branch> name.
Additional options are passed unchecked to git merge.
All options must precede <branch> and FILE(s), except -h and --helpthat may appear anywhere on the command line.
git-strip-merge design "photoshop/*"
Rodrigo Silva (MestreLion) linuxAATTrodrigosilva.com
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.