MAN page from Fedora 30 ipmctl-01.00.00.3474-1.fc30.x86_64.rpm
Section: ipmctl (1)
ipmctl-inject-error - Injects an error or clears a previously injected error
ipmctl set [OPTIONS] -dimm (DimmIDs) [PROPERTIES]
Injects an error or clears a previously injected error on one or more DCPMM fortesting purposes.
- Displays help for the command.
-o (text|nvmxml), -output (text|nvmxml)
- Changes the output format. One of: "text" (default) or "nvmxml".
- Injects or clears an error on specific DCPMMs by supplying one or more commaseparated DCPMM identifiers. The default is to inject the error on allmanageable DCPMMs.
This command only supports setting or clearing one type of error at a time.
- *"1": Clears a previously injected error. This property must be combined withone of the other properties indicating the previously injected error to clear.
- Injects an artificial media temperature in degrees Celsius into the DCPMM. Thefirmware that is monitoring the temperature of the DCPMM will then be alertedand take necessary precautions to preserve the DCPMM. The value is injectedimmediately and will override the firmware from reading the actual mediatemperature of the device and use this value instead which may cause adversereactions by the firmware and result in an alert or log.
Note: The injected temperature value will remain until the next reboot or it is cleared.The media temperature is an artificial temperature and will not cause harm to thepart. Although firmware actions due to improper temperature injections maycause adverse effects on the DCPMM.If the Critical Shutdown Temperature, or higher, is passed in, this may cause theDCPMM firmware to perform a shutdown in order to preserve the part anddata.The temperature value will be ignored on clear.
- The physical address to poison.
Note: The address must be 256 byte aligned (e.g., 0x10000000, 0x10000100,0x10000200...).
Poison is not possible for any address in the PM region if the PM region islocked. Injected poison errors are only triggered on a subsequent read of thepoisoned address in which case an error log will be generated by the firmware,but no alerts will be sent.
This command can be used to clear non-injected poison errors. The data will bezerocqd after clearing. There is no requirement to enable error injection prior torequest to clear poison errors.
The caller is responsible for keeping a list of injected poison errors, inorder to properly clear the injected errors afterwards. Simply disablinginjection does not clear injected poison errors. Injected poison errors arepersistent across power cycles and system resets.
- The type of memory to poison. One of:
- *"PatrolScrub": Injects a poison error at the specified address simulating anerror found during a patrol scrub operation indifferent to how the memory iscurrently allocated, This is the default.
- *"MemoryMode": Injects a poison error at the specified address currentlyallocated in Memory Mode.
- *"AppDirect": Injects a poison error at the specified address currentlyallocated as App Direct.
Note: If the address to poison is not currently allocated as the specifiedmemory type, an error is returned.
- *"1": Triggers an artificial package sparing. If package sparing is enabledand the DCPMM still has spares remaining, this will cause the firmware toreport that there are no spares remaining.
- Injects an artificial module life remaining percentage into the DCPMM. Thiswill cause the firmware to take appropriate action based on the value and ifnecessary generate an error log and an alert and update the health status.
- *"1": Injects a fake media fatal error which will cause the firmware togenerate an error log and an alert.
NOTE: When media fatal error is injected, BSR Media Disabled statusbit will be set indicating media error, until the fatal error iscleared using disable trigger input parameter to clear this injectedfatal error.
NOTE: Injecting a Fatal Media error is unsupported on Windows. Pleasecontact Microsoft for assistance in performing this action.
- *"1": Injects an ADR failure resulting in dirty shutdown upon reboot.
Sets the media temperature on all manageable DCPMMs to 100 degreesCelsius.
ipmctl set -dimm Temperature=100
Clears the injected media temperature on all manageable DCPMMs.
ipmctl set -dimm Clear=1 Temperature=1
Poison address 0x10000200 on DCPMM 1234.
ipmctl set -dimm 1234 Poison=0x10000200
Clears the injected poison of address 0x10000200 on DCPMM 1234.
ipmctl set -dimm 1234 Poison=0x10000200 Clear=1
Triggers an artificial package sparing on all manageable DCPMMs.
ipmctl set -dimm PackageSparing=1
Sets the life remaining percentage on all manageable DCPMMs to 10%.
ipmctl set -dimm PercentageRemaining=10
Clears the injected remaining life percentage on all manageable DCPMMs. Thevalue of PercentageRemaining is irrelevant.
ipmctl set -dimm PercentageRemaining=10 Clear=1
Triggers an artificial ADR failure on all manageable DCPMM s resulting in a dirtyshutdown on each DCPMM on the next reboot.
ipmctl set -dimm DirtyShutdown=1
This command is available only when error injection is enabled on the DCPMM(s)in the BIOS. To successfully execute this command, the specified DCPMM(s) mustbe manageable by the host software.
For each DCPMM, the CLI will indicate the status of the operation. If a failureoccurs when injecting an error on multiple DCPMMs, the process will continuewith the remaining DCPMMs.
Set temperature on DCPMM (DimmID): Success|Error (Code) -(Description)Clear injected temperature on DCPMM (DimmID): Success|Error(Code) - (Description)Poison address (Address) on DCPMM (DimmID): Success|Error(Code) - (Description)Clear injected poison of address (Address) on DCPMM(DimmID): Success|Error (Code) - (Description)Trigger package sparing on DCPMM (DimmID): Success|Error(Code) - (Description)Clear injected package sparing on DCPMM (DimmID):Success|Error (Code) - (Description)Trigger a spare capacity alarm on DCPMM (DimmID):Success|Error (Code) - (Description)Clear injected spare capacity alarm on DCPMM (DimmID):Success|Error (Code) - (Description)Create a media fatal error on DCPMM (DimmID): Success|Error(Code) - (Description)Clear injected media fatal error on DCPMM (DimmID):Success|Error (Code) - (Description)
- RETURN DATA
- SAMPLE OUTPUT
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.