Section: User Contributed Perl Documentation (3)
XMLTV::ValidateGrabber - Validates an XMLTV grabber
Utility library that validates that a grabber properly implements thecapabilities described at
The ValidateGrabber call first asks the grabber which capabilities itclaims to support and then validates that it actually does supportthese capabilities.
All these functions are exported on demand.
ConfigureGrabber( "./tv_grab_new", "./tv_grab_new.conf" )
- Run the validation for a grabber.
ValidateGrabber( "tv_grab_new", "./tv_grab_new", "./tv_grab_new.conf", "/tmp/new_", "./blib/share", 0 )
ValidateGrabber takes the following parameters:
- a short name for the grabber. This is only used when printing error messages.
- the command to run the grabber.
- the name of a configuration-file for the grabber.
- a file-prefix that is added to all output-files.
- a path to a directory with metadata for the grabber. This pathis passed to the grabber via the --share option if the grabbersupports the capability 'share'. undef if no --share parameter shallbe used.
- a boolean specifying if the --cache parameter shall be used for grabbersthat support the 'cache' capability.
ValidateGrabber returns a list of errors that it found with the grabber. Eacherror takes the form of a keyword:
- The grabber accepts any parameter without returning an error-code.
- The grabber returns an error when run with --version.
- The grabber returns an error when run with --description.
- The grabber returns an error when run with --capabilities.
- The grabber does not list 'baseline' as one of its supported capabilities.
- The grabber does not list 'manualconfig' as one of its supported capabilities.
- The specified configuration-file does not exist.
- The grabber returned with an error-code when asked to grab data.
- The grabber printed something to STDERR even though the --quiet optionwas used.
- The grabber produced different output when called with different combinationsof --output and --quiet.
- tv_cat returned an error-code when we asked it to process the output fromthe grabber.
- tv_sort found errors in the data generated by the grabber. Probably overlappingprogrammes.
- grabbing data for tomorrow first and then for the day after tomorrow andconcatenating them does not yield the same result as grabbing the datafor tomorrow and the day after tomorrow at once.
Additionally, the list of errors will contain error keywords fromXMLTV::ValidateFile if the xmltv-file generated by the grabber was notvalid.
If no errors are found, an empty list is returned.
Copyright (C) 2006 Mattias Holmlund.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/ormodify it under the terms of the GNU General Public Licenseas published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty ofMERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See theGNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public Licensealong with this program; if not, write to the Free SoftwareFoundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
- EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.