MAN page from Fedora 10 wormux-0.8.4-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm
Section: Games and Demos (6)
Updated: October 28, 2007Index
Wormux - A convivial mass murder game.
SYNOPSISwormux [-h|--help] [-v|--version] [-p|--play] [-i|--internet] [-s|--server] [-c|--client [ip]] [-d|--debug debug_masks]
Have the mascots of your favorite free software battle in the Wormuxarena using dynamite, grenades, baseball bat and other weapons ...Exterminate your opponent in a funny 2D toon-style scenery.
Each player (2 minimum, on the same PC) controls the team of hischoice (tux, gnu, firefox, wilber,...) and must destroy hisadversaries using more or less casual weapons.
Although a minimum of strategy is required to be victorious, Wormux ispre-eminently a "convivial mass murder" game where, turn by turn, eachteam attempts to produce maximum damage to their opponents.
* Key left/right: walk to the left / to the right
* Key up/down: Aim up/down
* Key shift: Smaller aim increment/decrement when used with up or down. Smaller step while walking
* Key 'b': ("Backwards") jump
* Key enter: ("Horizontal") jump
* Key backspace: ("Vertical") jump
* Key tab: Switch to next or previous (when Ctrl is pressed too) character
* Key 'c': Recenter to active character
* Key space: Shoot. Exceptions: the parachute is automaticly deployed,
and teleportation is made with a mouse click.
Warning: The automatic bazooka and air strike first need a target to be selected (select it with a left click)
* Mouse right click: Show/hide weapons menu
* Mouse left click on the map: Select a target for teleportation, automatic bazooka, or air strike
* Mouse left click on a character: Make it active (if it's allowed)
* Mouse move next to screen borders: Move the map
* Key F1, F2, ... F5: Change weapon in category 1, 2, ... 5
* Key F10: Toggle Fullscreen
* Key 'p': Pause the game
* Key escape: Leave the game (confirmation necessary)
Have a look at the official website http://wormux.org
On the website, you will find some useful help:
* List of weapons: http://wormux.org/wiki/en/weapons.php
* List of maps: http://wormux.org/wiki/en/maps.php
* How to write your own map: http://wormux.org/wiki/Create_your_own_map.php
* List of skins: http://wormux.org/wiki/en/skins.php
* Forum: http://www.wormux.org/forum/
Wormux was written by:
- Jean-Christophe DUBERGA <jcdubergaAATTgmx.de>
- Laurent DEFERT SIMONNEAU <lodesi2AATTyahoo.fr>
- Lawrence AZZOUG <lawrenceazzougAATTwanadoo.fr>
- Matthieu FERTRE <matthieu.fertreAATTfree.fr>
- Renaud LOTTIAUX <renaud.lottiauxAATTfree.fr>
- Victor STINNER <victor.stinnerAATThaypocalc.com>
This manual page was originally written by Jean Parpaillon <artefactAATTaltern.org>,for the Debian project (but may be used by others). It is maintained by the Wormux team.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.