Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: 2 MAY 1994Index
ipxping - ping a machine using an IPX packet.
[ Source Network
] [ Router/destination machine
] [ Destination Network
] [ Destination Machine
to ping a machine on a Novell Network from a Sun machine. It uses a Novell IPXpacket to prompt a response from a connected machine on the Novell Network.It uses the NIT (device /dev/nit) interface to write and read packets directly to and from ethernet, avoiding the use of OSI-RM protocol stack.
- Source Network
- The address of the source network.
- Router/Destination Machine
- The address of the destination machine or intermediary router
- Destination Network
- The address of the destination network.
- Destination Machine
- The address of the destination machine.
The ipxping software is used in the following manner:
ipxping 00:00:0e:e4 00:00:c0:01:06:84 00:00:0e:e4 00:00:c0:01:06:84
Calling ipxping with no (or an incorrect number of) parameters will display alist of parameters and their function, ie:
ipxping <host network> <router/dest machine> <dest network> <dest machine>
Calling the ipxping correctly it will display :-
1. Response time of ping ie 2ms.
2. Node configuration data ie 00 02 03 09.
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.