Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: August 2008Index
fileschanged - displays altered files
Monitors FILEs for alterations. Display the filenames of FILEs that werecreated, changed, deleted, started execution or finished executing.
- -s, --show=EVENT[,...]
- Display created, changed, deleted, executing, orexecuted files (Default is "created,changed")
- -a, --show-all
- Display all file events and the associated action
- -f, --files-to-monitor
- (Default) Monitor the FILEs on the command line
- -l, --filelist=FILE
- Monitor the list of filenames inside FILE
- -L, --dereference
- Don't monitor symlinks, monitor what's pointed to
- -r, --recursive
- Monitor subdirectories of directories
- -t, --timeout=N
- Delay showing changed files for N seconds (Def=2)
- -p, --display-action
- Display action when showing altered files
- -x, --exec=PROG
- Run PROG when file is altered (PROG actionfilename)
- -?, --help
- Give this help list
- Give a short usage message
- -V, --version
- Print program version
FILEs must exist when monitoring begins, or they will not be monitored.
Report bugs to <benasselstineAATTusers.sf.net>.
The full documentation forfileschanged
is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If theinfo
programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info fileschanged
should give you access to the complete manual.
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.