MAN page from SuSE Other 3ddesktop-0.2.9-2.guru.suse100.i686.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2005Index
3ddesk - activates 3D-Desktop, a 3D desktop switcher.
3ddesk [ OPTIONS ]
3D Desktop is an OpenGL program for switching virtual desktops in aseamless 3-dimensional manner. The default "visualization" maps yourscreen onto an N-sided "carousel" which is rotated to select the nextscreen. When activated the current desktop appears to zoom out so as tomake your desktop appear to be actually in a 3d environment with yourother desktops.
Activates the 3D Desktop. 3ddeskd daemon must be running.Where OPTIONS are:
- Uses the options from the view in 3ddesktop.conf
- Sets the arrangement mode (one of carousel (default), cylinder, linear, viewmaster, priceisright, flip, or random).
- Grab images for all the desktops by cycling thru(sleep for x millisecs at each screen for refresh)
- Grab image for current desktop
- Disable the zoom out
- How fast the rotation or sliding of faces takes. Default is 40, must be between 1 and 300.
- How fast it zooms in an out. Default is 45, must be between 1 and 300.
- Goto the desktop to the right
- Goto the desktop to the left
- Goto the desktop to the up
- Goto the desktop to the down
- Goto specified column (deprecated, use --gotocolumn)
- Goto specified column
- Goto specified row
- Don't exit after a goto
- Stop 3ddesktop (kill 3ddeskd daemon)
- Force a reload of 3ddesktop.conf
- Disable Fun Mode
- Reverse the mousewheel
- Swap left and right buttons on the mouse
- Use alternate mousebuttons scheme:Button 1 activates, 2 goes back and exits, 3 goes back, 6 goes left, 7 goes right.
- Output version information and exit
This starts the 3ddeskd server and acquires an image of each of yourvirtual desktops. It will cycle through each desktop and return to yourcurrent.
Bind a key combination to /usr/bin/3ddesk
and press the bound key.This will bring you into a 3d environment where you choose your nextdesktop. If the server hasn't been started it will try to start it.
Brad Wassonbard at wassonartistry.com
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.