Section: User Commands (1)
slip - sucks your screen into a jet engine
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install][-visual visual
] [-ncolors integer
] [-points integer
] [-delay2 microseconds
program does lots of blits and chews up an image.
The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion ofthe screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input,or from a random file on disk, as indicated bythe grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames,and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaverfile; seexscreensaver-demo(1)for more details.
accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class,or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -ncolors integer
- How many colors should be used (if possible). Default 128.The colors used cycle through the hue, making N stops around the color wheel.
- -count integer
- How many whooziwhatsis to generate. Default 35.
- -cycles integer
- How long to frobnicate. Default 50.
- -delay microseconds
- How long we should wait between drawing each step. Default 50000,or about 1/20th second.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resourcesstored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1992 by Scott Draves.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and itsdocumentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and thatboth that copyright notice and this permission notice appear insupporting documentation.
Scott Graves <spotAATTcs.cmu.edu>.
Ability to run standalone or with xscreensaver added by Jamie Zawinski <jwzAATTjwz.org>, 18-Oct-93.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.