MAN page from SuSE 8.X xscreensaver-4.02-1.ximian.4.i386.rpm
Section: User Commands (1)
rd-bomb - reaction/diffusion textures
] [-foreground color
] [-window] [-root] [-install][-visual visual
] [-width n
] [-height n
] [-diffusion n
] [-speed f
] [-delay usecs
The rd-bomb program draws reaction/diffusion textures. The codeis derived from the 'd' mode of the "bomb" visual musical instrument(see http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spot/bomb.html). I got the equations fromxmorphia (http://www.ccsf.caltech.edu/ismap/image.html), which isbased on a version of the Gray-Scott model taken from:
John E. Pearson "Complex Patterns in a Simple System"
Science, 261,189, 9 July 1993.
If the frame-rate is too low, consider decreasing the width and heightof the tile, or decreasing the size of the active part of the screen.
If one of the reaction, diffusion, radius, and palette options is setto a negative value, then that option will be set to a randomappropriate value.
Be sure to try "-speed 1 -size 0.1 -epoch 3000".
rd-bombaccepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class,or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -width n
- -height n
- Specify the size of the tile, in pixels.
- -reaction n
- -diffusion n
- These are constants in the equations that effect its visual nature.Each may be one of 0, 1, or 2.
- -radius n
- Size of the seed.
- -palette n
- Selects a palette. Must be between 0 and 80, inclusive.
- -size f
- What fraction of the window is actively drawn, a floating point numberbetween 0 (exclusive) and 1 (inclusive). Default is 0.66.
- -speed f
- When a fraction of the screen is active, the active area moves at thisrate (a floating point number). Default is zero. Suggested value: 1.0.
- -delay usecs
- How many microseconds to delay between frames; default 1000, or about 1/1000th of a second.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resourcesstored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
Copyright © 1997 by Scott Draves.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and itsdocumentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and thatboth that copyright notice and this permission notice appear insupporting documentation.
Scott Draves <spotAATTcs.cmu.edu>, 9/97
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.