Section: AFS Command Reference (8)
bos listhosts - Displays the contents of the CellServDB file
>>> << [-cell
bos listh << -s <machine name >>> << [-c <cell name] >>> [-n]
bos getcell << -server <machine name >>> << [-cell <cell name] >>>
[-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
bos getc << -s <machine name >>> << [-c <cell name] >>> [-n]
The bos listhosts
command formats and displays the list of a cell'sdatabase server machines from the /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
file on theserver machine named by the -server
To alter the list of machines, use the bos addhost and bosremovehost commands.
- -server <machine name>
- Indicates the server machine from which to display the/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB file. Identify the machine by IP address or itshost name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). Fordetails, see the bos(8) manpage.
For consistent performance in the cell, the output must be the same onevery server machine. The bos addhost reference page explains how tokeep the machines synchronized.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argumentwith the -localauth flag. For more details, see the bos(8) manpage.
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. Do notcombine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, seethe bos(8) manpage.
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local/usr/afs/etc/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents theticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine thisflag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, seethe bos(8) manpage.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options areignored.
The first line of the output names the cell to which the server machinebelongs. Each of the following lines names a database server machine forthat cell.
The Host number assigned to each database server machine is forserver-internal use only and is not the same as, nor necessarily relatedto, the machine's IP address. The BOS Server assigned it as part ofperforming the bos addhost command.
The following command displays the database server machines listed in the/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
file on the machine fs7.abc.com
% bos listhosts fs7.abc.com Cell name is abc.com Host 1 is db1.abc.com Host 2 is db2.abc.com Host 3 is db3.abc.com
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/
> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It wasconverted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and RussAllbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.
- PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
- SEE ALSO
This document was created byman2html,using the manual pages.