Changelog for python2-pyOpenSSL-17.5.0-lp150.1.2.noarch.rpm
* Fri Feb 02 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Update to 17.5.0:
* The minimum cryptography version is now 2.1.4.
* Fixed various memory leaks
* Various fuzz fixes
* See CHANGELOG.rst
* Wed Aug 23 2017 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- update to 17.2.0: - Deprecated ``OpenSSL.rand`` - callers should use ``os.urandom()`` instead. - Fixed a bug causing ``Context.set_default_verify_paths()`` to not work with cryptography ``manylinux1`` wheels on Python 3.x. - Fixed a crash with (EC)DSA signatures in some cases. - Removed the deprecated ``OpenSSL.rand.egd()`` function. Applications should prefer ``os.urandom()`` for random number generation. - Removed the deprecated default ``digest`` argument to ``OpenSSL.crypto.CRL.export()``. Callers must now always pass an explicit ``digest``. - Fixed a bug with ``ASN1_TIME`` casting in ``X509.set_notBefore()``, ``X509.set_notAfter()``, ``Revoked.set_rev_date()``, ``Revoked.set_nextUpdate()``, and ``Revoked.set_lastUpdate()``. You must now pass times in the form ``YYYYMMDDhhmmssZ``. ``YYYYMMDDhhmmss+hhmm`` and ``YYYYMMDDhhmmss-hhmm`` will no longer work. `#612 `_ - Deprecated the legacy \"Type\" aliases: ``ContextType``, ``ConnectionType``, ``PKeyType``, ``X509NameType``, ``X509ExtensionType``, ``X509ReqType``, ``X509Type``, ``X509StoreType``, ``CRLType``, ``PKCS7Type``, ``PKCS12Type``, ``NetscapeSPKIType``. The names without the \"Type\"-suffix should be used instead. - Added ``OpenSSL.crypto.X509.from_cryptography()`` and ``OpenSSL.crypto.X509.to_cryptography()`` for converting X.509 certificate to and from pyca/cryptography objects. - Added ``OpenSSL.crypto.X509Req.from_cryptography()``, ``OpenSSL.crypto.X509Req.to_cryptography()``, ``OpenSSL.crypto.CRL.from_cryptography()``, and ``OpenSSL.crypto.CRL.to_cryptography()`` for converting X.509 CSRs and CRLs to and from pyca/cryptography objects. - Added ``OpenSSL.debug`` that allows to get an overview of used library versions (including linked OpenSSL) and other useful runtime information using ``python -m OpenSSL.debug``. - Added a fallback path to ``Context.set_default_verify_paths()`` to accommodate the upcoming release of ``cryptography`` ``manylinux1`` wheels.- Drop python-pyOpenSSL=replace-expired-cert.patch . Applied upstream.- Drop python-pyOpenSSL-always-overflow.patch. Applied upstream.
* Thu Aug 10 2017 roAATTsuse.de- add patch to always trigger overflow in the testsuite (gh#pyca/pyopenssl#657) b3460c6a9a45a016d1ab65c149c606fa3f07096d python-pyOpenSSL-always-overflow.patch
* Tue Jun 13 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add python-pyOpenSSL=replace-expired-cert.patch: the root cert expired, mking the test suite fail. Replace the certificate with a new one, valid for 20 years (gh#pyca/pyopenssl#637).
* Fri May 05 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Fix Provides/Obsoletes.
* Wed Apr 26 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Implement single-spec version- Fix source URL- Update to 17.0.0
* Added ``OpenSSL.X509Store.set_time()`` to set a custom verification time when verifying certificate chains.
* Added a collection of functions for working with OCSP stapling. None of these functions make it possible to validate OCSP assertions, only to staple them into the handshake and to retrieve the stapled assertion if provided. Users will need to write their own code to handle OCSP assertions. We specifically added: ``Context.set_ocsp_server_callback``, ``Context.set_ocsp_client_callback``, and ``Connection.request_ocsp``.
* Changed the ``SSL`` module\'s memory allocation policy to avoid zeroing memory it allocates when unnecessary. This reduces CPU usage and memory allocation time by an amount proportional to the size of the allocation. For applications that process a lot of TLS data or that use very lage allocations this can provide considerable performance improvements.
* Automatically set ``SSL_CTX_set_ecdh_auto()`` on ``OpenSSL.SSL.Context``. - Fix empty exceptions from ``OpenSSL.crypto.load_privatekey()``.- Rebase bug-lp-1265482.diff- Rebase rsa128-i586.patch- Rebase skip-networked-test.patch
* Wed Nov 16 2016 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- fix source url
* Tue Nov 15 2016 mlinAATTsuse.com- Change source url to pypi.io
* version 16.2.0 source tarball failed to download from pypi.python.org
* Mon Nov 14 2016 mlinAATTsuse.com- Update to 16.2.0
* Dropped support for OpenSSL 0.9.8.
* Fix memory leak in OpenSSL.crypto.dump_privatekey() with FILETYPE_TEXT. #496
* Enable use of CRL (and more) in verify context. #483
* OpenSSL.crypto.PKey can now be constructed from cryptography objects and also exported as such. #439
* Support newer versions of cryptography which use opaque structs for OpenSSL 1.1.0 compatibility.
* Fixed compatibility errors with OpenSSL 1.1.0.
* Fixed an issue that caused failures with subinterpreters and embedded Pythons. [#552]
* Mon May 16 2016 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- added %check section with testsuite- skip-networked-test.patch - mark a test as networked so that we can specify non-network test run- rsa128-i586.patch - sidestep a crasher bug on 32bit platforms by generating reasonably-sized RSA keys instead of small 128bit ones
* Mon May 09 2016 hpjAATTurpla.net- update to 16.0.0 Backward-incompatible changes:
* Python 3.2 support has been dropped. It never had significant real world usage and has been dropped by our main dependency cryptography. Affected users should upgrade to Python 3.3 or later. Deprecations:
* The support for EGD has been removed. The only affected function OpenSSL.rand.egd() now uses os.urandom() to seed the internal PRNG instead. Please see pyca/cryptography#1636 for more background information on this decision. In accordance with our backward compatibility policy OpenSSL.rand.egd() will be removed no sooner than a year from the release of 16.0.0.
* Please note that you should use urandom for all your secure random number needs.
* Python 2.6 support has been deprecated. Our main dependency cryptography deprecated 2.6 in version 0.9 (2015-05-14) with no time table for actually dropping it. pyOpenSSL will drop Python 2.6 support once cryptography does. Changes:
* Fixed OpenSSL.SSL.Context.set_session_id, OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.renegotiate, OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.renegotiate_pending, and OpenSSL.SSL.Context.load_client_ca. They were lacking an implementation since 0.14. #422
* Fixed segmentation fault when using keys larger than 4096-bit to sign data. [#428]
* Fixed AttributeError when OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.get_app_data() was called before setting any app data. #304
* Added OpenSSL.crypto.dump_publickey() to dump OpenSSL.crypto.PKey objects that represent public keys, and OpenSSL.crypto.load_publickey() to load such objects from serialized representations. #382
* Added OpenSSL.crypto.dump_crl() to dump a certificate revocation list out to a string buffer. #368
* Added OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.get_state_string() using the OpenSSL binding state_string_long. #358
* Added support for the socket.MSG_PEEK flag to OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.recv() and OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.recv_into(). #294
* Added OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.get_protocol_version() and OpenSSL.SSL.Connection.get_protocol_version_name(). #244
* Switched to utf8string mask by default. OpenSSL formerly defaulted to a T61String if there were UTF-8 characters present. This was changed to default to UTF8String in the config around 2005, but the actual code didn’t change it until late last year. This will default us to the setting that actually works. To revert this you can call OpenSSL.crypto._lib.ASN1_STRING_set_default_mask_asc(b\"default\"). #234- fixed paths in bug-lp-1265482.diff- fixed doc generation- spec clean up
* Tue Jul 14 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Fix building on SLES 11
* Wed Apr 22 2015 mciharAATTsuse.cz- Do not hardcode version in file list
* Wed Apr 22 2015 mciharAATTsuse.cz- udapte to 0.15.1
* OpenSSL/SSL.py, OpenSSL/test/test_ssl.py: Fix a regression present in 0.15, where when an error occurs and no errno() is set, a KeyError is raised. This happens, for example, if Connection.shutdown() is called when the underlying transport has gone away.
* OpenSSL/rand.py, OpenSSL/SSL.py: APIs which previously accepted filenames only as bytes now accept them as either bytes or unicode (and respect sys.getfilesystemencoding()).
* OpenSSL/SSL.py: Add Cory Benfield\'s next-protocol-negotiation (NPN) bindings.
* OpenSSL/SSL.py: Add ``Connection.recv_into``, mirroring the builtin ``socket.recv_into``. Based on work from Cory Benfield.
* OpenSSL/test/test_ssl.py: Add tests for ``recv_into``.
* OpenSSL/crypto.py: Expose ``X509StoreContext`` for verifying certificates.
* OpenSSL/test/test_crypto.py: Add intermediate certificates for
* OpenSSL/SSL.py: ``Connection.shutdown`` now propagates errors from the underlying socket.
* OpenSSL/SSL.py: Fixed a regression ``Context.check_privatekey`` causing it to always succeed - even if it should fail.
* OpenSSL/crypto.py: Fixed a regression where calling ``load_pkcs7_data`` with ``FILETYPE_ASN1`` would fail with a ``NameError``.
* OpenSSL/SSL.py: Fix a regression in which the first argument of
* Mon Feb 24 2014 mvyskocilAATTsuse.com- update to 0.14
* Support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
* First-class support for PyPy
* New flags, such as MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS and OP_NO_COMPRESSION
* Some APIs to access to the SSL session cache
* A variety of bug fixes for error handling cases
* Documentation has been converted from LaTeX + python-pyOpenSSL-doc is now build from single spec file
* pyOpenSSL now depends on cryptography, so it became pure-python module + changed to noarch package, add proper dependencies
* Development moved to github + changed Url tag respectivelly- refreshed bug-lp-1265482.diff
* Thu Jan 02 2014 dmuellerAATTsuse.com-Add bug-lp-1265482.diff; fix testsuite for SLE11 (bnc#855666)
* Fri Sep 13 2013 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- update to 0.13.1
* fixes NUL byte handling in subjectAltName (bnc#839107, CVE-2013-4314)
* Fri Apr 05 2013 speilickeAATTsuse.com- Package LICENSE
* Tue Jul 10 2012 msumanAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 0.13
* Add OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER, SSLeay_version and related constants for retrieving version information about the underlying OpenSSL library.
* Support OpenSSL 1.0.0a and related changes.
* Remove SSLv2 support if the underlying OpenSSL library does not provide it.
* Add a new method to the X509 type, get_signature_algorithm.
* Add a new method to the Connection type, get_peer_cert_chain.
* Add the PKey.check method to verify the internal consistency of a PKey instance.
* Bug fixes.
* Thu Sep 01 2011 saschpeAATTsuse.de- Changed license to Apache-2.0, to fix bnc#715423
* Wed Aug 31 2011 saschpeAATTsuse.de- Initial version, obsoletes \'python-openssl\':
* Builds properly on all SUSE version
* Has real HTML documentation