Changelog for GeoIP-debugsource-1.6.12-7.epel8.playground.x86_64.rpm
* Thu Nov 28 2019 Thomas Andrejak - 1.6.12-7- Rebuilt for EPEL8
* Wed Jul 24 2019 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.12-6- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_31_Mass_Rebuild
* Thu Jan 31 2019 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.12-5- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_30_Mass_Rebuild
* Thu Jul 12 2018 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.12-4- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_29_Mass_Rebuild
* Wed Feb 07 2018 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.12-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_28_Mass_Rebuild
* Sat Feb 03 2018 Igor Gnatenko - 1.6.12-2- Switch to %ldconfig_scriptlets
* Thu Jan 18 2018 Paul Howarth - 1.6.12-1- Update to 1.6.12 - Populate metro and area code when performing lookups in IPv6 City databases; previously this was only done when using IPv4 City databases
* Wed Aug 02 2017 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.11-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_27_Binutils_Mass_Rebuild
* Wed Jul 26 2017 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.11-2- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_27_Mass_Rebuild
* Tue May 16 2017 Paul Howarth - 1.6.11-1- Update to 1.6.11 - Fix use of a NULL pointer when opening a corrupt database with \'GeoIP_open\' (GH#87)- Drop EL-5 support - Drop redundant BuildRoot: and Group: tags - Drop EL5-only dependency on GeoIP-GeoLite-data - Drop explicit pkgconfig dependency in devel package - Drop buildroot cleaning in %install section - Drop explicit %clean section
* Thu Mar 30 2017 Paul Howarth - 1.6.10-1- Update to 1.6.10 - GeoIP_database_info now returns the full version string rather than incorrectly truncating it (GH#79) - This API is now distributed with a small test copy of GeoIP.dat rather than a full copy - Fix issue where Visual Studio 2015 was optimizing out initialization code (GH#81) - Fix test/benchmark on Windows (GH#75)
* Sun Feb 26 2017 Paul Howarth - 1.6.9-4- Fix GeoIP_database_info truncation issue (#1426853, GH#79, GH#80)
* Fri Feb 10 2017 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.9-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_26_Mass_Rebuild
* Wed Feb 03 2016 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.9-2- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Mass_Rebuild
* Tue Jan 12 2016 Paul Howarth - 1.6.9-1- Update to 1.6.9 - Allow compilation on older systems by relaxing the autoconf and automake minimum versions - Avoid potential problems in multi-threaded environments by consistently using pread() rather than read() - Fix various small issues reported by clang\'s static analyser - Fix a regression introduced in version 1.6.8, which caused GeoIP_database_info to erroneously return NULL
* Sun Nov 01 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.7-1- Update to 1.6.7 - Fixed a MSVC parser stack overflow when parsing \'regionName.c\' and \'timeZone.c\' (GH#54) - Updated region codes and timezones - When using \'GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE\' with an invalid database file, the search tree traversal could attempt to read memory outside of the memory allocated for the memory cache, resulting in a segmentation fault; a check was added to ensure that the traversal code does not try to read beyond the end of the file, whether in memory, memory mapped, or on disk - Previously the return values from file reads were ignored; we now check these values to ensure that there were no errors
* Thu Jul 30 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.6-1- Update to 1.6.6 - Replaced usage of deprecated fileno, read, and lseek on Visual Studio 2005+ with their ISO C++ conformant replacements (GH#55) - A warning about using a double as a float was fixed (GH#56) - Fixed segfault when doing a lookup on an empty database (GH#62) - Fixed a memcheck error from valgrind in the \'_check_mtime\' function (GH#60) - Fixed \'_check_mtime\' to check the return value of \'gettimeofday\' rather than just assuming it worked
* Tue Jun 16 2015 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.6.5-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_23_Mass_Rebuild
* Thu Apr 23 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.5-2- Work around problems with old GeoIP-data package in CentOS 5 Extras repo (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8488) by requiring GeoIP-GeoLite-data rather than the virtual GeoIP-data for EL-5 builds only
* Mon Mar 02 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.5-1- Update to 1.6.5 - Fixed a segmentation fault in geoiplookup when the utility was passed an invalid database (#1180874) - Additional validation was added for the size used in the creation of the index cache (#832913) - Changed the code to only look up country codes by using functions that ensure that we do not try to look past the end of an array (GitHub #53)
* Fri Feb 20 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.4-4- Databases now unbundled to the GeoIP-GeoLite-data package- Drop long-unused perl helper scripts- Add explicit pkgconfig dependency for EL-5 build- Drop timestamp hack for configure, no longer needed
* Tue Feb 10 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.4-3- Sub-package the data; going forward, this would be better as a separate package, since it has separate upstream releases than the library
* Fri Feb 06 2015 Paul Howarth - 1.6.4-2- Only require geoipupdate prior to F-22, for back-compatibility- Use %license where possible- GeoIP-devel provides geoip-devel as well as obsoleting it- Update bundled databases
* Thu Jan 29 2015 Philip Prindeville - 1.6.4-1- Require geoipupdate per Paul
* Tue Jan 20 2015 Philip Prindeville - 1.6.4-0- Version bump to 1.6.4 per bz #1158667 (okay, that bug was for 1.6.3)- Remove geoipupdate as it will be moving into its own package
* Fri Aug 15 2014 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.5.1-6- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_22_Mass_Rebuild
* Fri Jun 06 2014 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.5.1-5- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_Mass_Rebuild
* Tue Feb 25 2014 Paul Howarth - 1.5.1-4- Add %check, so we can run tests by building using --with tests- Update databases from upstream
* Fri Aug 02 2013 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.5.1-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_20_Mass_Rebuild
* Tue Jun 18 2013 Paul Howarth - 1.5.1-2- Properly provide all of the GeoLite databases and their IPv6 equivalents, as per the geoip-geolite package that we\'re obsoleting/providing- Provide compatibility symlinks for database files that historically had different names in GeoIP and geoip-geolite- Don\'t distribute unbundled LICENSE files, as per packaging guidelines- Update license tag to reflect distribution of CC-BY-SA database content- No longer try to update the databases in %post- Maintain timestamps where possible- Set up GeoIP.dat symlink in package and don\'t touch it again- Add update6 package to update the IPv6 databases; have to use wget for this rather than geoipupdate as the databases are still in beta
* Wed Jun 12 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.1-1- Bump to version 1.5.1- Fix exit codes for various situations (MaxMind support #129155)- Use versioned obsoletes/provides for geoip-geolite- Update UTF8 patch- Change symlink from GeoIP-initial.dat to GeoLiteCountry.dat if we had a successful download and now have the latter file.
* Mon Jun 10 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.0-7- Annotate conflict with geoip-geolite package (#968074)
* Mon Jun 10 2013 Paul Howarth - 1.5.0-6- Update sub-package requires main package for geoipupdate script
* Sat Jun 08 2013 Paul Howarth - 1.5.0-5- Make GeoIP.dat -> GeoIP-initial.dat symlink in %install, not %post, and don\'t %ghost it- Run geoipupdate silently in %post and cron job- Create empty database files for %ghost to work with old rpm versions- Don\'t try to use noarch subpackages on old rpm versions- Update %description to mention database updates- Drop outdated README.Fedora
* Sat Jun 08 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.0-4- Revert ability to replace 3rd-party package
* Fri Jun 07 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.0-3- Add attributes for %ghost files
* Fri Jun 07 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.0-2- Make update subpackage be noarch.
* Fri Jun 07 2013 Philip Prindeville - 1.5.0-1- Version bump to 1.5.0- Have GeoIP.dat be a symlink to the real data, and install the canned GeoIP.dat as GeoIP-initial.dat- Change config as per Boris\' instructions to use \'lite\' databases which are regularly updated.- Add pkgconfig (.pc) file into devel subpackage- Add cron support for refreshing the lite databases and make a separate subpackage.
* Sun Mar 24 2013 Paul Howarth - 1.4.8-6- Fix config.guess and config.sub to add aarch64 support (#925403)
* Wed Feb 13 2013 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.8-5- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_19_Mass_Rebuild
* Mon Oct 22 2012 Paul Howarth - 1.4.8-4- libGeoIPUpdate and geoipupdate (which is linked against it) are GPL-licensed rather than LGPL-licensed (#840896)- Don\'t package generic INSTALL file (#661625)- Kill bogus rpaths on x86_64- Hardcode library sonames in %files list to avoid nasty surprises in the future- Drop %defattr, redundant since rpm 4.4- Recode docs as UTF-8- Don\'t use macros for commands- Use tabs
* Wed Jul 18 2012 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.8-3.1- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Mass_Rebuild
* Thu Jan 12 2012 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.8-2.1- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_17_Mass_Rebuild
* Tue Sep 06 2011 Michael Fleming - 1.4.8-1.1- Remove -ipv6 patch- Bump to 1.4.8 release
* Wed Feb 09 2011 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.7-0.2.20090931cvs- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild
* Mon Aug 31 2009 Matt Domsch - 184.108.40.206.1.20090931- apply CVS HEAD 20090931 which includes IPv6 functions
* Fri Jul 24 2009 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.6-2- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Mass_Rebuild
* Sun Mar 08 2009 Michael Fleming - 1.4.6-1- Add geoiplookup6 man page- Update to 1.4.6
* Mon Feb 23 2009 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.5-3- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Mass_Rebuild
* Sat Nov 29 2008 Michael Fleming 1.4.5-2- Update to 1.4.5- Fix database URL locations in Perl helper scripts
* Tue Feb 19 2008 Fedora Release Engineering - 1.4.4-2- Autorebuild for GCC 4.3
* Mon Jan 28 2008 Michael Fleming 1.4.4-1- New upstream release.
* Wed Sep 05 2007 Michael Fleming 1.4.3-1- New upstream release.- Fix GeoIPCity fetcher script- Update License tag
* Mon Feb 12 2007 Michael Fleming 1.4.2-1- New upstream release.
* Mon Jan 08 2007 Michael Fleming 1.4.1-2- License is actually LGPL now.
* Sun Jan 07 2007 Michael Fleming 1.4.1-1- New upstream release- Add fetch-geoipdata
* scripts to pull free databases automatically if desired (bz #198137)- README.fedora added to briefly explain above.
* Mon Nov 27 2006 Michael Fleming 1.4.0-4- Fix %install scripts to satisfy newer mock builds
* Sun Sep 03 2006 Michael Fleming 1.4.0-3- Upstream upgrade- Added LICENSE.txt file to %doc, covering GeoIP country/city data license (bz #198137)
* Mon May 15 2006 Michael Fleming 1.3.17-1- New upstream release (minor fixes)
* Mon May 01 2006 Michael Fleming 1.3.16-1- New upstream release- Add INSTALL document to package.
* Sat Feb 18 2006 Michael Fleming 1.3.14-3- Fix Obsoletes/Provides for old \"geoip\"-convention packages- Move .so symlinks to -devel where they should be
* Fri Feb 10 2006 Michael Fleming 1.3.14-2- Remamed to match upstream tarball name- Removed static libraries- Added symlinks to packages- Mark config file noreplace
* Sun Feb 05 2006 Michael Fleming 1.3.14-1- Initial review package for Extras