Changelog for libprotobuf15-3.5.2-77.4.x86_64.rpm
* Mon May 14 2018 tbechtoldAATTsuse.comupdate to version v3.5.2:
* Update release date
* Disable pip cache when testing uploaded packages
* Replace private timelib_update_ts with public date_timestamp_get
* Remove py2.6 support.
* Cherrypick for csharp, including:
* Update changelog
* Update changelog for 3.5.1
* Fix uploading binary wheel.
* Fix memory leak when creating map field via array.
* Update rake file to build of 2.1.6.
* Avoid using php_date_get_date_ce() in case date extension is not
* Update protoc-artfacts
* Fix string::back() usage in googletest.cc
* Fix memory leak in php7
* Support ruby2.5
* io_win32: support non-ASCII paths
* Explicitly propagate the status of Flush().
* Add discard unknown API in ruby. (#3990)
* Update version for 3.5.0.post1
* remove nullptr
* Fix more memory leak for php c extension (#4211)
* Bumping number to fix ruby 2.1 on mac
* io_win32_unittest: remove incorrect error check
* Fix memory leak when creating repeated field via array.
* Update version number for php c extension (#3896)
* Fix file permission for python package.
* Create containing directory before generating well_known_types_embed.cc
* Replace C++11 only method std::map::at
* Recursively clear unknown fields in submessages. (#3982)
* Update version number to 3.5.1
* io_win32_unittest: fix condition in GetCwdAsUtf8
* Add release log
* io_win32_unittest: use CWD as last tempdir
* Add PROTOBUF_ENABLE_TIMESTAMP to let user decide whether timestamp util
* Add support for Windows ARM64 build
* Add protobuf-all in post release
* Use fully qualifed name for DescriptorPool in Any.php to avoid name (#3886)
* Add _file_desc_by_toplevel_extension back
* Fix setup.py for windows build.
* io_win32_unittest: make //:win32_test run again
* Provide discardUnknonwnFields API in php (#3976)
* Update php c extension version number to 22.214.171.124
* Fix ruby gc_test in ruby 2.4 (#4011)
* Remove duplicate typedef. (#3975)
* Accept DatetimeInterface in fromDatetime
* io_win32: add more encoding-related tests
* Bump version number to 3.5.2
* Bump protoc-artifact version for a patch rebuild
* Call php method via function name instead of calling directly.
* Well known types are not initialized properly. (#4139)
* Use matching enum type for IsPOD.
* Fix several more memory leak
* Fix for php5.5
* Add backslach to make class explict in global namespace
* Fri Feb 23 2018 mlinAATTsuse.com- Add adding-Release_CompareAndSwap-64-bit-variant.patch
* Fix compile error undefined reference to `google::protobuf::internal::Release_CompareAndSwap(long volatile
*, long, long)\' on s390x https://github.com/google/protobuf/issues/3937
* Mon Jan 22 2018 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Conditionalize python2 and python3 in order to be able to build without python2 present in distribution
* Use singlespec macros to simplify the logic- Run fdupes on python modules to avoid duplicates- Remove shebangs from import-only code
* Mon Dec 11 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 3.5.0
* Proto3 messages are now preserving unknown fields by default. If you rely on unknowns fields being dropped, use DiscardUnknownFields() explicitly.
* Deprecated the unsafe_arena_release_
* and unsafe_arena_add_allocated_
* methods for string fields.
* Added move constructor and move assignment to RepeatedField, RepeatedPtrField and google::protobuf::Any.
* Added perfect forwarding in Arena::CreateMessage.
* In-progress experimental support for implicit weak fields with lite protos. This feature allows the linker to strip out more unused messages and reduce binary size.- Rename %soname to %sover to better reflect its use.
* Fri Jun 16 2017 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Install LICENSE
* Sun Jun 11 2017 alarrosaAATTsuse.com- Update to 3.3.0 :
* Fixed map fields serialization of DynamicMessage to correctly serialize both key and value regardless of their presence.
* Parser now rejects field number 0 correctly.
* New API Message::SpaceUsedLong() that’s equivalent to Message::SpaceUsed() but returns the value in size_t.
* JSON support - New flag always_print_enums_as_ints in JsonPrintOptions. - New flag preserve_proto_field_names in JsonPrintOptions. It will instruct the JSON printer to use the original field name declared in the .proto file instead of converting them to lowerCamelCase when printing JSON. - JsonPrintOptions.always_print_primtive_fields now works for oneof message fields. - Fixed a bug that doesn’t allow different fields to set the same json_name value. - Fixed a performance bug that causes excessive memory copy when printing large messages.
* Various performance optimizations.
* Map field setters eagerly validate inputs and throw NullPointerExceptions as appropriate.
* Added ByteBuffer overloads to the generated parsing methods and the Parser interface.
* proto3 enum\'s getNumber() method now throws on UNRECOGNIZED values.
* Output of JsonFormat is now locale independent.
* Added FindServiceByName() in the pure-Python DescriptorPool. This works only for descriptors added with DescriptorPool.Add(). Generated descriptor_pool does not support this yet.
* Added a descriptor_pool parameter for parsing Any in text_format.Parse().
* descriptor_pool.FindFileContainingSymbol() now is able to find nested extensions.
* Extending empty  to repeated field now sets parent message presence.- Update to 3.2.0 :
* Added protoc version number to protoc plugin protocol. It can be used by protoc plugin to detect which version of protoc is used with the plugin and mitigate known problems in certain version of protoc.
* The default parsing byte size limit has been raised from 64MB to 2GB.
* Added rvalue setters for non-arena string fields.
* Enabled debug logging for Android.
* Fixed a double-free problem when using Reflection::SetAllocatedMessage() with extension fields.
* Fixed several deterministic serialization bugs:
* MessageLite::SerializeAsString() now respects the global deterministic serialization flag.
* Extension fields are serialized deterministically as well. Fixed protocol compiler to correctly report importing-self as an error.
* Fixed FileDescriptor::DebugString() to print custom options correctly.
* Various performance/codesize optimizations and cleanups.
* The default parsing byte size limit has been raised from 64MB to 2GB.
* Added recursion limit when parsing JSON.
* Fixed a bug that enumType.getDescriptor().getOptions() doesn\'t have custom options.
* Fixed generated code to support field numbers up to 2^29-1.
* You can now assign NumPy scalars/arrays (np.int32, np.int64) to protobuf fields, and assigning other numeric types has been optimized for performance.
* Pure-Python: message types are now garbage-collectable.
* Python/C++: a lot of internal cleanup/refactoring.- Increase soname to 13- Generate python2-protobuf and python3-protobuf packages in Factory- Make the python2-protobuf package provide and obsolete python-protobuf to make the transition smooth in Tumbleweed
* Sun Jan 22 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Fix an issue with setup.py where some files are built on the first invocation, but only copied on the second. This resulted in an incomplete protobuf-python package.
* Sat Jan 07 2017 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Update to protobuf v3.1.0. Protobuf v3.0.0 introduceced a new version of the protocol buffer language, proto3, which supersedes proto2. The protoc compiler is able to read old proto2 protocol definitions, and defaults to the proto2 syntax if a syntax is not specified, thus packages can be recompiled to link to the new library. For backwards compatibility, the old library version is available from the protobuf2 package. As the API for proto2 is not compatible to the proto3 API, proto3 should only be used for new Protocol Buffers, whereas current users are advised to keep using proto2. For a detailed list of changes, see https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases- Drop no longer needed patches:
* Fri Dec 16 2016 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Use py_sitedir for library installation with setup.py install
* Wed Dec 14 2016 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Drop protobuf-libs as it is just workaround for rpmlint issue
* Sat Dec 10 2016 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Cleanup specfile:
* remove any conditionals for versions predating SLES 12/Leap 42.x
* add Provides: protobuf-libs to fix rpmlint warning
* Mon Dec 07 2015 lnusselAATTsuse.de- disable google-apputils usage. They are only used for the testsuite which wasn\'t called anyways. The next upstream version will not use apputils anymore anyways. Fixes build on SLE12. https://github.com/google/protobuf/commit/9f42f5f4a423b923f7b07ae8c5e8db4943df49c6 bnc#957472
* Thu Nov 12 2015 alarrosaAATTsuse.com- Python bindings require a recent python-google-apputils, so build them where it\'s available (that\'s anything recent except SLE12)
* Thu Nov 12 2015 alarrosaAATTsuse.com- Fix check so python bindings are not built in SLE12
* Fri Nov 06 2015 edogawaAATTaon.at- tweak spec to build python bindings for Leap 42.1
* Wed Jul 29 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Fix baselibs.conf: last time the sonames were bumped, baselibs.conf has not been updated accordingly.
* Sat Feb 28 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Add protobuf-return-no-nonvoid.patch- Do not install examples- Remove 0001-Add-generic-GCC-support-for-atomic-operations.patch
* Fri Feb 27 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Use current url\'s- Update dependencies
* python bindings now require recent python-google-apputils which are available only in recet (13.1 and higher releases of openSUSE)- Update to 2.6.1
* Added atomicops support for Solaris.
* Released memory allocated by InitializeDefaultRepeatedFields() and GetEmptyString(). Some memory sanitizers reported them as memory leaks.
* Updated DynamicMessage.setField() to handle repeated enum values correctly.
* Fixed a bug that caused NullPointerException to be thrown when converting manually constructed FileDescriptorProto to FileDescriptor.- Changes for 2.6.0
* Added oneofs(unions) feature. Fields in the same oneof will share memory and at most one field can be set at the same time.
* Files, services, enums, messages, methods and enum values can be marked as deprecated now.
* Added Support for list values, including lists of mesaages, when parsing text-formatted protos in C++ and Java.
* Enhanced customization on TestFormat printing.
* Added SwapFields() in reflection API to swap a subset of fields.
* Added SetAllocatedMessage() in reflection API.
* Repeated primitive extensions are now packable. The [packed=true] option only affects serializers. Therefore, it is possible to switch a repeated extension field to packed format without breaking backwards-compatibility.
* Various speed optimizations.
* writeTo() method in ByteString can now write a substring to an output stream. Added endWith() method for ByteString.
* ByteString and ByteBuffer are now supported in CodedInputStream and CodedOutputStream.
* java_generate_equals_and_hash can now be used with the LITE_RUNTIME.
* A new C++-backed extension module (aka \"cpp api v2\") that replaces the old (\"cpp api v1\") one. Much faster than the pure Python code. This one resolves many bugs and is recommended for general use over the pure Python when possible.
* Tue Nov 05 2013 sleep_walkerAATTsuse.cz- fix java flags to build package for SLE_11_SP3
* Fri Jun 07 2013 dvaleevAATTsuse.com- package google/protobuf/stubs/atomicops_internals_generic_gcc.h mosh reqires it
* Mon May 27 2013 dvaleevAATTsuse.com- Build on architectures where no specialized code has been written 0001-Add-generic-GCC-support-for-atomic-operations.patch
* Fri Apr 12 2013 ftakeAATTgeeko.jp- Upstream update to 2.5.0
* New construct \"import public\"
* New enum option \"allow_alias\"
* C++: New generated method set_allocated_foo(Type
* C++: Added SetAllocatedExtension() and ReleaseExtension() to extensions API
* Java: Added getters/setters to access the underlying ByteString of a string field
* Java: New operations for substring(), prepend(), and append()
* Java: New method findInitializationErrors()
* Python: Support for dynamic message creation
* Python: Fixed custom options were not correctly populated
* Python: Added EnumTypeWrapper
* Python: Added ParseMessage(descriptor, bytes)
* Various bug fixes and optimazations- Drop gtest-1.5, which is now included by the archive from the upstream
* Sat May 19 2012 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- BuildRequire zlib-devel otherwise gzip_stream is not built thus breaking newer releases of mosh.
* Fri Mar 16 2012 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add gtest-1.5.0.tar.bz2: This is the release tarball of gtest 1.5 which is being used by make check. The included 1.4.0 does not work with gcc 4.7, thus replacing the gtest folder with this snapshot.- Wrapped the gtest extraction with a version check... on next version the package will fail in order to remember to take this out again (next release of protobuf bundles gtest 1.5.0)- Add libtool BuildRequires and call to autoreconf, as gtest 1.5.0 needs to be bootstrapped.
* Wed Dec 21 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com- remove %release from requires
* Wed Oct 12 2011 tonyAATTdaylessday.org- Update to Protobuf 2.4.1: C++
* Fixed the frendship problem for old compilers to make the library now gcc 3 compatible again.
* Fixed vcprojects/extract_includes.bat to extract compiler/plugin.h. Java
* Removed usages of JDK 1.6 only features to make the library now JDK 1.5 compatible again.
* Fixed a bug about negative enum values.
* serialVersionUID is now defined in generated messages for java serializing.
* Fixed protoc to use java.lang.Object, which makes \"Object\" now a valid message name again. Python
* Experimental C++ implementation now requires C++ protobuf library installed. See the README.txt in the python directory for details.
* Mon Apr 18 2011 roAATTsuse.de- update baselibs.conf
* Wed Dec 15 2010 lnusselAATTsuse.de- provide libprotobuf-devel for compatibility
* Mon Apr 26 2010 lnusselAATTsuse.de- merge features with version from devel:tools:building
* build java and python versions
* disable static libraries
* Sat Apr 24 2010 lnusselAATTsuse.de- new version 2.3.0
* Sat Apr 24 2010 lnusselAATTsuse.de- separate soname define
* Mon Dec 07 2009 lnusselAATTsuse.de- new version 2.2.0a
* Tue Mar 31 2009 lnusselAATTsuse.de- move protoc to devel package- split according to library policy- install vim syntax file