Changelog for python2-psutil-5.5.0-lp150.2.22.x86_64.rpm
* Sat Jan 26 2019 Arun Persaud - specfile:
* update copyright year- update to version 5.5.0:
* Enhancements + 1350: [FreeBSD] added support for sensors_temperatures(). (patch by Alex Manuskin) + 1352: [FreeBSD] added support for CPU frequency. (patch by Alex Manuskin)
* Bug fixes + 1111: Process.oneshot() is now thread safe. + 1354: [Linux] disk_io_counters() fails on Linux kernel 4.18+. + 1357: [Linux] Process\' memory_maps() and io_counters() method are no longer exposed if not supported by the kernel. + 1368: [Windows] fix psutil.Process().ionice(...) mismatch. (patch by EccoTheFlintstone) + 1370: [Windows] improper usage of CloseHandle() may lead to override the original error code when raising an exception. + 1373: incorrect handling of cache in Process.oneshot() context causes Process instances to return incorrect results. + 1376: [Windows] OpenProcess() now uses PROCESS_QUERY_LIMITED_INFORMATION access rights wherever possible, resulting in less AccessDenied exceptions being thrown for system processes. + 1376: [Windows] check if variable is NULL before free()ing it. (patch by EccoTheFlintstone)
* Thu Nov 01 2018 Arun Persaud - update to version 5.4.8:
* Enhancements + 1197: [Linux] cpu_freq() is now implemented by parsing /proc/cpuinfo in case /sys/devices/system/cpu/
* filesystem is not available. + 1310: [Linux] psutil.sensors_temperatures() now parses /sys/class/thermal in case /sys/class/hwmon fs is not available (e.g. Raspberry Pi). (patch by Alex Manuskin) + 1320: [Posix] better compilation support when using g++ instead of gcc. (patch by Jaime Fullaondo)
* Bug fixes + 715: do not print exception on import time in case cpu_times() fails. + 1004: [Linux] Process.io_counters() may raise ValueError. + 1277: [OSX] available and used memory (psutil.virtual_memory()) metrics are not accurate. + 1294: [Windows] psutil.Process().connections() may sometimes fail with intermittent 0xC0000001. (patch by Sylvain Duchesne) + 1307: [Linux] disk_partitions() does not honour PROCFS_PATH. + 1320: [AIX] system CPU times (psutil.cpu_times()) were being reported with ticks unit as opposed to seconds. (patch by Jaime Fullaondo) + 1332: [OSX] psutil debug messages are erroneously printed all the time. (patch by Ilya Yanok) + 1346: [SunOS] net_connections() returns an empty list. (patch by Oleksii Shevchuk)
* Sat Aug 18 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 5.4.7:
* Enhancements + 1286: [macOS] psutil.OSX constant is now deprecated in favor of new psutil.MACOS. + 1309: [Linux] added psutil.STATUS_PARKED constant for Process.status(). + 1321: [Linux] add disk_io_counters() dual implementation relying on /sys/block filesystem in case /proc/diskstats is not available. (patch by Lawrence Ye)
* Bug fixes + 1209: [macOS] Process.memory_maps() may fail with EINVAL due to poor task_for_pid() syscall. AccessDenied is now raised instead. + 1278: [macOS] Process.threads() incorrectly return microseconds instead of seconds. (patch by Nikhil Marathe) + 1279: [Linux, macOS, BSD] net_if_stats() may return ENODEV. + 1294: [Windows] psutil.Process().connections() may sometime fail with MemoryError. (patch by sylvainduchesne) + 1305: [Linux] disk_io_stats() may report inflated r/w bytes values. + 1309: [Linux] Process.status() is unable to recognize \"idle\" and \"parked\" statuses (returns \'?\'). + 1313: [Linux] disk_io_counters() can report inflated IO counters due to erroneously counting base disk device and its partition(s) twice. + 1323: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may fail with ValueError.
* Wed Jun 13 2018 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Update to 5.4.6
* 1258_: [Windows] Process.username() may cause a segfault (Python interpreter crash). (patch by Jean-Luc Migot)
* 1273_: net_if_addr() namedtuple\'s name has been renamed from \"snic\" to \"snicaddr\".
* 1274_: [Linux] there was a small chance Process.children() may swallow AccessDenied exceptions.
* Sat Apr 14 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 5.4.5:
* Bug fixes + 1268: setup.py\'s extra_require parameter requires latest setuptools version, breaking quite a lot of installations.- changes from version 5.4.4:
* Enhancements + 1239: [Linux] expose kernel \"slab\" memory for psutil.virtual_memory(). (patch by Maxime Mouial)
* Bug fixes + 694: [SunOS] cmdline() could be truncated at the 15th character when reading it from /proc. An extra effort is made by reading it from process address space first. (patch by Georg Sauthoff) + 771: [Windows] cpu_count() (both logical and physical) return a wrong (smaller) number on systems using process groups (> 64 cores). + 771: [Windows] cpu_times(percpu=True) return fewer CPUs on systems using process groups (> 64 cores). + 771: [Windows] cpu_stats() and cpu_freq() may return incorrect results on systems using process groups (> 64 cores). + 1193: [SunOS] Return uid/gid from /proc/pid/psinfo if there aren\'t enough permissions for /proc/pid/cred. (patch by Georg Sauthoff) + 1194: [SunOS] Return nice value from psinfo as getpriority() doesn\'t support real-time processes. (patch by Georg Sauthoff) + 1194: [SunOS] Fix double free in psutil_proc_cpu_num(). (patch by Georg Sauthoff) + 1194: [SunOS] Fix undefined behavior related to strict-aliasing rules and warnings. (patch by Georg Sauthoff) + 1210: [Linux] cpu_percent() steal time may remain stuck at 100% due to Linux erroneously reporting a decreased steal time between calls. (patch by Arnon Yaari) + 1216: fix compatibility with python 2.6 on Windows (patch by Dan Vinakovsky) + 1222: [Linux] Process.memory_full_info() was erroneously summing \"Swap:\" and \"SwapPss:\". Same for \"Pss:\" and \"SwapPss\". Not anymore. + 1224: [Windows] Process.wait() may erroneously raise TimeoutExpired. + 1238: [Linux] sensors_battery() may return None in case battery is not listed as \"BAT0\" under /sys/class/power_supply. + 1240: [Windows] cpu_times() float loses accuracy in a long running system. (patch by stswandering) + 1245: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may fail with IOError \"no such file\". + 1255: [FreeBSD] swap_memory() stats were erroneously represented in KB. (patch by Denis Krienbühl)
* Backward compatibility + 771: [Windows] cpu_count(logical=False) on Windows XP and Vista is no longer supported and returns None.
* Wed Jan 03 2018 arunAATTgmx.de- specfile:
* update copyright year- update to version 5.4.3:
* Enhancements + 775: disk_partitions() on Windows return mount points.
* Bug fixes + 1193: pids() may return False on OSX.
* Thu Dec 21 2017 mihai.dincaAATTsuse.com- build python3 subpackage (FATE#324435, bsc#1073879)
* Thu Dec 07 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 5.4.2:
* Enhancements + 1173: introduced PSUTIL_DEBUG environment variable which can be set in order to print useful debug messages on stderr (useful in case of nasty errors). + 1177: added support for sensors_battery() on OSX. (patch by Arnon Yaari) + 1183: Process.children() is 2x faster on UNIX and 2.4x faster on Linux. + 1188: deprecated method Process.memory_info_ex() now warns by using FutureWarning instead of DeprecationWarning.
* Bug fixes + 1152: [Windows] disk_io_counters() may return an empty dict. + 1169: [Linux] users() \"hostname\" returns username instead. (patch by janderbrain) + 1172: [Windows] make test does not work. + 1179: [Linux] Process.cmdline() is now able to splits cmdline args for misbehaving processes which overwrite /proc/pid/cmdline and use spaces instead of null bytes as args separator. + 1181: [OSX] Process.memory_maps() may raise ENOENT. + 1187: [OSX] pids() does not return PID 0 on recent OSX versions.
* Fri Nov 10 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 5.4.1:
* Enhancements + 1164: [AIX] add support for Process.num_ctx_switches(). (patch by Arnon Yaari) + 1053: abandon Python 3.3 support (psutil still works but it\'s no longer tested).
* Bug fixes + 1150: [Windows] when a process is terminate()d now the exit code is set to SIGTERM instead of 0. (patch by Akos Kiss) + 1151: python -m psutil.tests fail + 1154: [AIX] psutil won\'t compile on AIX 6.1.0. (patch by Arnon Yaari) + 1167: [Windows] net_io_counter() packets count now include also non-unicast packets. (patch by Matthew Long)
* Sun Oct 22 2017 arunAATTgmx.de- update to version 5.4.0:
* Enhancements + 1123: [AIX] added support for AIX platform. (patch by Arnon Yaari)
* Bug fixes + 1009: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may crash with IOError. + 1012: [Windows] disk_io_counters()\'s read_time and write_time were expressed in tens of micro seconds instead of milliseconds. + 1127: [OSX] invalid reference counting in Process.open_files() may lead to segfault. (patch by Jakub Bacic) + 1129: [Linux] sensors_fans() may crash with IOError. (patch by Sebastian Saip) + 1131: [SunOS] fix compilation warnings. (patch by Arnon Yaari) + 1133: [Windows] can\'t compile on newer versions of Visual Studio 2017 15.4. (patch by Max Bélanger) + 1138: [Linux] can\'t compile on CentOS 5.0 and RedHat 5.0. (patch by Prodesire)
* Mon Sep 25 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 5.3.1
*- 1124_: documentation moved to http://psutil.readthedocs.io
*- 1105_: [FreeBSD] psutil does not compile on FreeBSD 12.- 1125_: [BSD] net_connections() raises TypeError.
*- 1120_: .exe files for Windows are no longer uploaded on PYPI as per PEP-527; only wheels are provided.
* Fri Sep 08 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 5.3.0
*- 802_: disk_io_counters() and net_io_counters() numbers no longer wrap (restart from 0). Introduced a new \"nowrap\" argument.- 928_: psutil.net_connections() and psutil.Process.connections() \"laddr\" and \"raddr\" are now named tuples.- 1015_: swap_memory() now relies on /proc/meminfo instead of sysinfo() syscall so that it can be used in conjunction with PROCFS_PATH in order to retrieve memory info about Linux containers such as Docker and Heroku.- 1022_: psutil.users() provides a new \"pid\" field.- 1025_: process_iter() accepts two new parameters in order to invoke Process.as_dict(): \"attrs\" and \"ad_value\". With this you can iterate over all processes in one shot without needing to catch NoSuchProcess and do list/dict comprehensions.- 1040_: implemented full unicode support.- 1051_: disk_usage() on Python 3 is now able to accept bytes.- 1058_: test suite now enables all warnings by default.- 1060_: source distribution is dynamically generated so that it only includes relevant files.- 1079_: [FreeBSD] net_connections()\'s fd number is now being set for real (instead of -1). (patch by Gleb Smirnoff)- 1091_: [SunOS] implemented Process.environ(). (patch by Oleksii Shevchuk)
*- 989_: [Windows] boot_time() may return a negative value.- 1007_: [Windows] boot_time() can have a 1 sec fluctuation between calls; the value of the first call is now cached so that boot_time() always returns the same value if fluctuation is <= 1 second.- 1013_: [FreeBSD] psutil.net_connections() may return incorrect PID. (patch by Gleb Smirnoff)- 1014_: [Linux] Process class can mask legitimate ENOENT exceptions as NoSuchProcess.- 1016_: disk_io_counters() raises RuntimeError on a system with no disks.- 1017_: net_io_counters() raises RuntimeError on a system with no network cards installed.- 1021_: [Linux] open_files() may erroneously raise NoSuchProcess instead of skipping a file which gets deleted while open files are retrieved.- 1029_: [OSX, FreeBSD] Process.connections(\'unix\') on Python 3 doesn\'t properly handle unicode paths and may raise UnicodeDecodeError.- 1033_: [OSX, FreeBSD] memory leak for net_connections() and Process.connections() when retrieving UNIX sockets (kind=\'unix\').- 1040_: fixed many unicode related issues such as UnicodeDecodeError on Python 3 + UNIX and invalid encoded data on Windows.- 1042_: [FreeBSD] psutil won\'t compile on FreeBSD 12.- 1044_: [OSX] different Process methods incorrectly raise AccessDenied for zombie processes.- 1046_: [Windows] disk_partitions() on Windows overrides user\'s SetErrorMode.- 1047_: [Windows] Process username(): memory leak in case exception is thrown.- 1048_: [Windows] users()\'s host field report an invalid IP address.- 1050_: [Windows] Process.memory_maps memory() leaks memory.- 1055_: cpu_count() is no longer cached; this is useful on systems such as Linux where CPUs can be disabled at runtime. This also reflects on Process.cpu_percent() which no longer uses the cache.- 1058_: fixed Python warnings.- 1062_: disk_io_counters() and net_io_counters() raise TypeError if no disks or NICs are installed on the system.- 1063_: [NetBSD] net_connections() may list incorrect sockets.- 1064_: [NetBSD] swap_memory() may segfault in case of error.- 1065_: [OpenBSD] Process.cmdline() may raise SystemError.- 1067_: [NetBSD] Process.cmdline() leaks memory if process has terminated.- 1069_: [FreeBSD] Process.cpu_num() may return 255 for certain kernel processes.- 1071_: [Linux] cpu_freq() may raise IOError on old RedHat distros.- 1074_: [FreeBSD] sensors_battery() raises OSError in case of no battery.- 1075_: [Windows] net_if_addrs(): inet_ntop() return value is not checked.- 1077_: [SunOS] net_if_addrs() shows garbage addresses on SunOS 5.10. (patch by Oleksii Shevchuk)- 1077_: [SunOS] net_connections() does not work on SunOS 5.10. (patch by Oleksii Shevchuk)- 1079_: [FreeBSD] net_connections() didn\'t list locally connected sockets. (patch by Gleb Smirnoff)- 1085_: cpu_count() return value is now checked and forced to None if <= 1.- 1087_: Process.cpu_percent() guard against cpu_count() returning None and assumes 1 instead.- 1093_: [SunOS] memory_maps() shows wrong 64 bit addresses.- 1094_: [Windows] psutil.pid_exists() may lie. Also, all process APIs relying on OpenProcess Windows API now check whether the PID is actually running.- 1098_: [Windows] Process.wait() may erroneously return sooner, when the PID is still alive.- 1099_: [Windows] Process.terminate() may raise AccessDenied even if the process already died.- 1101_: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may raise ENODEV.
*- 1039_: returned types consolidation: - Windows / Process.cpu_times(): fields #3 and #4 were int instead of float - Linux / FreeBSD: connections(\'unix\'): raddr is now set to \"\" instead of None - OpenBSD: connections(\'unix\'): laddr and raddr are now set to \"\" instead of None- 1040_: all strings are encoded by using OS fs encoding.- 1040_: the following Windows APIs on Python 2 now return a string instead of unicode: - Process.memory_maps().path - WindowsService.bin_path() - WindowsService.description() - WindowsService.display_name() - WindowsService.username()
* Tue Jul 11 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Fix various rpmlint warnings and errors
* Sat Apr 29 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 5.2.2
*- 1000_: fixed some setup.py warnings.- 1002_: [SunOS] remove C macro which will not be available on new Solaris versions. (patch by Danek Duvall)- 1004_: [Linux] Process.io_counters() may raise ValueError.- 1006_: [Linux] cpu_freq() may return None on some Linux versions does not support the function; now the function is not declared instead.- 1009_: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may raise OSError.- 1010_: [Linux] virtual_memory() may raise ValueError on Ubuntu 14.04.- 981_: [Linux] cpu_freq() may return an empty list.- 993_: [Windows] Process.memory_maps() on Python 3 may raise UnicodeDecodeError.- 996_: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() may not show all temperatures.- 997_: [FreeBSD] virtual_memory() may fail due to missing sysctl parameter on FreeBSD 12.
* Thu Mar 16 2017 jmatejekAATTsuse.com- update for singlespec
* Wed Mar 15 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 5.2.0
*- 971_: [Linux] Add psutil.sensors_fans() function. (patch by Nicolas Hennion)- 976_: [Windows] Process.io_counters() has 2 new fields:
*.- 976_: [Linux] Process.io_counters() has 2 new fields:
*- 872_: [Linux] can now compile on Linux by using MUSL C library.- 985_: [Windows] Fix a crash in `Process.open_files` when the worker thread for `NtQueryObject` times out.- 986_: [Linux] Process.cwd() may raise NoSuchProcess instead of ZombieProcess.
* Wed Feb 08 2017 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 5.1.3 5.1.3 =====
*- 971_: [Linux] sensors_temperatures() didn\'t work on CentOS 7.- 973_: cpu_percent() may raise ZeroDivisionError. 5.1.2 =====
*- 966_: [Linux] sensors_battery().power_plugged may erroneously return None on Python 3.- 968_: [Linux] disk_io_counters() raises TypeError on python 3.- 970_: [Linux] sensors_battery()\'s name and label fields on Python 3 are bytes instead of str. 5.1.1 =====
*- 966_: [Linux] sensors_battery().percent is a float and is more precise.
*- 964_: [Windows] Process.username() and psutil.users() may return badly decoding character on Python 3.- 965_: [Linux] disk_io_counters() may miscalculate sector size and report the wrong number of bytes read and written.- 966_: [Linux] sensors_battery() may fail with \"no such file error\".- 966_: [Linux] sensors_battery().power_plugged may lie. 5.1.0 =====
*- 357_: added psutil.Process.cpu_num() (what CPU a process is on).- 371_: added psutil.sensors_temperatures() (Linux only).- 941_: added psutil.cpu_freq() (CPU frequency).- 955_: added psutil.sensors_battery() (Linux, Windows, only).- 956_: cpu_affinity() can now be used as an alias to set affinity against all eligible CPUs.
*- 687_: [Linux] pid_exists() no longer returns True if passed a process thread ID.- 948_: cannot install psutil with PYTHONOPTIMIZE=2.- 950_: [Windows] Process.cpu_percent() was calculated incorrectly and showed higher number than real usage.- 951_: [Windows] the uploaded wheels for Python 3.6 64 bit didn\'t work.- 959_: psutil exception objects could not be pickled.- 960_: Popen.wait() did not return the correct negative exit status if process is ``kill()``ed by a signal.- 961_: [Windows] WindowsService.description() may fail with ERROR_MUI_FILE_NOT_FOUND. 5.0.1 =====
*- 939_: tar.gz distribution went from 1.8M to 258K.- 811_: [Windows] provide a more meaningful error message if trying to use psutil on unsupported Windows XP.
*- 609_: [SunOS] psutil does not compile on Solaris 10.- 936_: [Windows] fix compilation error on VS 2013 (patch by Max Bélanger).- 940_: [Linux] cpu_percent() and cpu_times_percent() was calculated incorrectly as \"iowait\", \"guest\" and \"guest_nice\" times were not properly taken into account.- 944_: [OpenBSD] psutil.pids() was omitting PID 0.
* Tue Nov 08 2016 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- update to version 5.0.0:
* Enhncements + 799: new Process.oneshot() context manager making Process methods around +2x faster in general and from +2x to +6x faster on Windows. + 943: better error message in case of version conflict on import.
* Bug fixes + 932: [NetBSD] net_connections() and Process.connections() may fail without raising an exception. + 933: [Windows] memory leak in cpu_stats() and WindowsService.description().
* Sat Nov 05 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- Update to version 4.4.2:
* 931: psutil no longer compiles on Solaris.
* Tue Oct 25 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- Update to version 4.4.1:
* 927: Popen.__del__() may cause maximum recursion depth error.- Update to version 4.4.0: Enhancements
* 887: [Linux] virtual_memory()\'s \'available\' and \'used\' values are more precise and match \"free\" cmdline utility. \"available\" also takes into account LCX containers preventing \"available\" to overflow \"total\".
* 891: procinfo.py script has been updated and provides a lot more info. Bug fixes
* 825: [Linux] cpu_affinity; fix possible double close and use of unopened socket.
* 885: ValueError is raised if a negative integer is passed to cpu_percent() functions.
* 892: [Linux] Process.cpu_affinity([-1]) raise SystemError with no error set; now ValueError is raised.
* Sat Sep 24 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 4.3.1:
* #881: \"make install\" now works also when using a virtual env.
* #854: Process.as_dict() raises ValueError if passed an erroneous attrs name.
* #857: [SunOS] Process cpu_times(), cpu_percent(), threads() amd memory_maps() may raise RuntimeError if attempting to query a 64bit process with a 32bit python. \"Null\" values are returned as a fallback.
* #858: Process.as_dict() should not return memory_info_ex() because it\'s deprecated.
* #863: [Windows] memory_map truncates addresses above 32 bits
* #866: [Windows] win_service_iter() and services in general are not able to handle unicode service names / descriptions.
* #869: [Windows] Process.wait() may raise TimeoutExpired with wrong timeout unit (ms instead of sec).
* #870: [Windows] Handle leak inside psutil_get_process_data.
* Fri Jul 08 2016 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- fix source url
* Mon Jun 20 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 4.3.0:
* #819: [Linux] different speedup improvements: Process.ppid() is 20% faster Process.status() is 28% faster Process.name() is 25% faster Process.num_threads is 20% faster on Python 3
* #810: [Windows] Windows wheels are incompatible with pip 7.1.2.
* #812: [NetBSD] fix compilation on NetBSD-5.x.
* #823: [NetBSD] virtual_memory() raises TypeError on Python 3.
* #829: [UNIX] psutil.disk_usage() percent field takes root reserved space into account.
* #816: [Windows] fixed net_io_counter() values wrapping after 4.3GB in Windows Vista (NT 6.0) and above using 64bit values from newer win APIs.
* Mon May 30 2016 tbechtoldAATTsuse.com- Update Source url
* Sat May 28 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 4.2.0:
* Enhancements + #795: [Windows] new APIs to deal with Windows services: win_service_iter() and win_service_get(). + #800: [Linux] psutil.virtual_memory() returns a new \"shared\" memory field. + #819: [Linux] speedup /proc parsing: - Process.ppid() is 20% faster - Process.status() is 28% faster - Process.name() is 25% faster - Process.num_threads is 20% faster on Python 3
* Bug fixes + #797: [Linux] net_if_stats() may raise OSError for certain NIC cards. + #813: Process.as_dict() should ignore extraneous attribute names which gets attached to the Process instance.
* Sun Mar 13 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- removed TODO from %doc, not in upstream tar-ball anymore- update to version 4.1.0:
* Enhancements + #777: [Linux] Process.open_files() on Linux return 3 new fields: position, mode and flags. + #779: Process.cpu_times() returns two new fields, \'children_user\' and \'children_system\' (always set to 0 on OSX and Windows). + #789: [Windows] psutil.cpu_times() return two new fields: \"interrupt\" and \"dpc\". Same for psutil.cpu_times_percent(). + #792: new psutil.cpu_stats() function returning number of CPU ctx switches interrupts, soft interrupts and syscalls.
* Bug fixes + #774: [FreeBSD] net_io_counters() dropout is no longer set to 0 if the kernel provides it. + #776: [Linux] Process.cpu_affinity() may erroneously raise NoSuchProcess. (patch by wxwright) + #780: [OSX] psutil does not compile with some gcc versions. + #786: net_if_addrs() may report incomplete MAC addresses. + #788: [NetBSD] virtual_memory()\'s buffers and shared values were set to 0. + #790: [OSX] psutil won\'t compile on OSX 10.4.
* Wed Feb 17 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 4.0.0
*- #523: [Linux, FreeBSD] disk_io_counters() return a new \"busy_time\" field.- #660: [Windows] make.bat is smarter in finding alternative VS install locations. (patch by mpderbec)- #732: Process.environ(). (patch by Frank Benkstein)- #753: [Linux, OSX, Windows] Process USS and PSS (Linux) \"real\" memory stats. (patch by Eric Rahm)- #755: Process.memory_percent() \"memtype\" parameter.- #758: tests now live in psutil namespace.- #760: expose OS constants (psutil.LINUX, psutil.OSX, etc.)- #756: [Linux] disk_io_counters() return 2 new fields: read_merged_count and write_merged_count.- #762: new scripts/procsmem.py script.
*- #704: [Solaris] psutil does not compile on Solaris sparc.- #734: on Python 3 invalid UTF-8 data is not correctly handled for process name(), cwd(), exe(), cmdline() and open_files() methods resulting in UnicodeDecodeError exceptions. \'surrogateescape\' error handler is now used as a workaround for replacing the corrupted data.- #737: [Windows] when the bitness of psutil and the target process was different cmdline() and cwd() could return a wrong result or incorrectly report an AccessDenied error.- #741: [OpenBSD] psutil does not compile on mips64.- #751: [Linux] fixed call to Py_DECREF on possible Null object.- #754: [Linux] cmdline() can be wrong in case of zombie process.- #759: [Linux] Process.memory_maps() may return paths ending with \" (deleted)\"- #761: [Windows] psutil.boot_time() wraps to 0 after 49 days.- #764: [NetBSD] fix compilation on NetBSD-6.x.- #766: [Linux] net_connections() can\'t handle malformed /proc/net/unix file.- #767: [Linux] disk_io_counters() may raise ValueError on 2.6 kernels and it\'s broken on 2.4 kernels.- #770: [NetBSD] disk_io_counters() metrics didn\'t update.
* Thu Jan 21 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.4.2 (fixes for non-Linux platforms)
* Fri Jan 15 2016 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.4.1
*- #557: [NetBSD] added NetBSD support. (contributed by Ryo Onodera and Thomas Klausner)- #708: [Linux] psutil.net_connections() and Process.connections() on Python 2 can be up to 3x faster in case of many connections. Also psutil.Process.memory_maps() is slightly faster.- #718: process_iter() is now thread safe.
*- #714: [OpenBSD] virtual_memory().cached value was always set to 0.- #715: don\'t crash at import time if cpu_times() fail for some reason.- #717: [Linux] Process.open_files fails if deleted files still visible.- #722: [Linux] swap_memory() no longer crashes if sin/sout can\'t be determined due to missing /proc/vmstat.- #724: [FreeBSD] virtual_memory().total is slightly incorrect.
* Fri Nov 27 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.3.0
*- #558: [Linux] exposed psutil.PROCFS_PATH constant to change the default location of /proc filesystem.- #615: [OpenBSD] added OpenBSD support. (contributed by Landry Breuil)
*- #692: [UNIX] Process.name() is no longer cached as it may change.
* Mon Oct 26 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.2.2
*- #623: [Linux] process or system connections raises ValueError if IPv6 is not supported by the system.- #678: [Linux] can\'t install psutil due to bug in setup.py.
* Wed Sep 16 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.2.1
* #677: [Linux] can\'t install psutil due to bug in setup.py.
* Thu Sep 03 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.2.0
*- #644: [Windows] added support for CTRL_C_EVENT and CTRL_BREAK_EVENT signals to use with Process.send_signal().- #648: CI test integration for OSX. (patch by Jeff Tang)- #663: [UNIX] net_if_addrs() now returns point-to-point (VPNs) addresses.- #655: [Windows] different issues regarding unicode handling were fixed. On Python 2 all APIs returning a string will now return an encoded version of it by using sys.getfilesystemencoding() codec. The APIs involved are: - psutil.net_if_addrs() - psutil.net_if_stats() - psutil.net_io_counters() - psutil.Process.cmdline() - psutil.Process.name() - psutil.Process.username() - psutil.users()
*- #513: [Linux] fixed integer overflow for RLIM_INFINITY.- #641: [Windows] fixed many compilation warnings. (patch by Jeff Tang)- #652: [Windows] net_if_addrs() UnicodeDecodeError in case of non-ASCII NIC names.- #655: [Windows] net_if_stats() UnicodeDecodeError in case of non-ASCII NIC names.- #659: [Linux] compilation error on Suse 10. (patch by maozguttman)- #664: [Linux] compilation error on Alpine Linux. (patch by Bart van Kleef)- #670: [Windows] segfgault of net_if_addrs() in case of non-ASCII NIC names. (patch by sk6249)- #672: [Windows] compilation fails if using Windows SDK v8.0. (patch by Steven Winfield)- #675: [Linux] net_connections(); UnicodeDecodeError may occur when listing UNIX sockets.
* Wed Jul 15 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- update to version 3.1.1: New fatures =========- [Linux] disk_partitions() added support for ZFS filesystems.- continuous tests integration for Windows- continuous code quality test integration Main bugfixes ===========- [Windows] Process.open_files() no longer hangs. Instead it uses a thred which times out and skips the file handle in case it\'s taking too long to be retrieved. (patch by Jeff Tang)- [Windows] Process.name() no longer raises AccessDenied for pids owned by another user.- [Windows] Process.memory_info() no longer raises AccessDenied for pids owned by another user.- [Linux] Process.cmdline() can be truncated.- [Windows] add inet_ntop function for Windows XP to support IPv6.
* Mon Jun 29 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- update to version 3.0.1:
* #632: [Linux] better error message if cannot parse process UNIX connections.
* #634: [Linux] Proces.cmdline() does not include empty string arguments.
* #635: [UNIX] crash on module import if \'enum\' package is installed on python < 3.4.- update to version 3.0.0:
* Enhancements + #250: new psutil.net_if_stats() returning NIC statistics (isup, duplex, speed, MTU). + #376: new psutil.net_if_addrs() returning all NIC addresses a-la ifconfig. + #469: on Python >= 3.4 IOPRIO_CLASS_
*_PRIORITY_CLASS constants returned by psutil.Process\' ionice() and nice() methods are enums instead of plain integers. + #581: add .gitignore. (patch by Gabi Davar) + #582: connection constants returned by psutil.net_connections() and psutil.Process.connections() were turned from int to enums on Python > 3.4. + #587: Move native extension into the package. + #589: Process.cpu_affinity() accepts any kind of iterable (set, tuple, ...), not only lists. + #594: all deprecated APIs were removed. + #599: [Windows] process name() can now be determined for all processes even when running as a limited user. + #602: pre-commit GIT hook. + #629: enhanced support for py.test and nose test discovery and tests run. + #616: [Windows] Add inet_ntop function for Windows XP.
* Bug fixes + #428: [all UNIXes except Linux] correct handling of zombie processes; introduced new ZombieProcess exception class. + #512: [BSD] fix segfault in net_connections(). + #555: [Linux] psutil.users() correctly handles \":0\" as an alias for \"localhost\" + #579: [Windows] Fixed open_files() for PID>64K. + #579: [Windows] fixed many compiler warnings. + #585: [FreeBSD] net_connections() may raise KeyError. + #586: [FreeBSD] cpu_affinity() segfaults on set in case an invalid CPU number is provided. + #593: [FreeBSD] Process().memory_maps() segfaults. + #606: Process.parent() may swallow NoSuchProcess exceptions. + #611: [SunOS] net_io_counters has send and received swapped + #614: [Linux]: cpu_count(logical=False) return the number of physical CPUs instead of physical cores. + #618: [SunOS] swap tests fail on Solaris when run as normal user + #628: [Linux] Process.name() truncates process name in case it contains spaces or parentheses.- specfile:
* location of .so files changes to subdir psutil
* Mon Feb 02 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- Update to 2.2.1: - Fixed #572 ValueError: ambiguos inode with multiple PIDs references
* Tue Jan 06 2015 michaelAATTstroeder.com- Update to 2.2.0: - FreeBSD has now support for process CPU affinity - new pstree.py and pidof.py example scripts - C extension version mismatch in case the user messed up with psutil installation or with sys.path is now detected at import time - [Linux] a lot of file descriptors were left open - [Windows] use proper encoding for psutil.Process.username() and psutil.users(). - [Solaris] fixed a high-priority bug which crashed psutil on import.
* Tue Nov 18 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Update to 2.1.3
* fix \"undefined symbol: CPU_ALLOC\" compilation error.
* Tue Sep 30 2014 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Update documentation files- Spec file cleanups- Update shebang fix- Disable broken unit tests: tests don\'t work without root permissions- Update dependencies. We should actually guarantee psutil and so on are installed.- Update urls- Update to version 2.1.2
* #407: project moved from Google Code to Github; code moved from Mercurial to Git.
* #492: use tox to run tests on multiple python versions. (patch by msabramo)
* #505: [Windows] distribution as wheel packages.
* #511: new examples/ps.py sample code.
* Bug fixes
* #340: [Windows] Process.get_open_files() no longer hangs. (patch by Jeff Tang)
* #501: [Windows] disk_io_counters() may return negative values.
* #503: [Linux] in rare conditions Process exe(), open_files() and connections() methods can raise OSError(ESRCH) instead of NoSuchProcess.
* #504: [Linux] can\'t build RPM packages via setup.py
* #506: [Linux] python 2.4 support was broken.
* #522: [Linux] Process.cpu_affinity() might return EINVAL. (patch by David Daeschler)
* #529: [Windows] Process.exe() may raise unhandled WindowsError exception for PIDs 0 and 4. (patch by Jeff Tang)
* #530: [Linux] psutil.disk_io_counters() may crash on old Linux distros (< 2.6.5) (patch by Yaolong Huang)
* #533: [Linux] Process.memory_maps() may raise TypeError on old Linux distros.- Update to version 2.1.1
* Bug fixes
* #446: [Windows] fix encoding error when using net_io_counters() on Python 3. (patch by Szigeti Gabor Niif)
* #460: [Windows] net_io_counters() wraps after 4G.
* #491: [Linux] psutil.net_connections() exceptions. (patch by Alexander Grothe)- Update to version 2.1.0
* #387: system-wide open connections a-la netstat.
* Bug fixes
* #421: [Solaris] psutil does not compile on SunOS 5.10 (patch by Naveed Roudsari)
* #489: [Linux] psutil.disk_partitions() return an empty list.- Update to version 2.0.0
* #424: [Windows] installer for Python 3.X 64 bit.
* #427: number of logical and physical CPUs (psutil.cpu_count()).
* #447: psutil.wait_procs() timeout parameter is now optional.
* #452: make Process instances hashable and usable with set()s.
* #453: tests on Python < 2.7 require unittest2 module.
* #459: add a make file for running tests and other repetitive tasks (also on Windows).
* #463: make timeout parameter of cpu_percent
* functions default to 0.0 \'cause it\'s a common trap to introduce slowdowns.
* #468: move documentation to readthedocs.com.
* #477: process cpu_percent() is about 30% faster. (suggested by crusaderky)
* #478: [Linux] almost all APIs are about 30% faster on Python 3.X.
* #479: long deprecated psutil.error module is gone; exception classes now live in \"psutil\" namespace only.
* Bug fixes
* #193: psutil.Popen constructor can throw an exception if the spawned process terminates quickly.
* #340: [Windows] process get_open_files() no longer hangs. (patch by jtangAATTvahna.net)
* #443: [Linux] fix a potential overflow issue for Process.set_cpu_affinity() on systems with more than 64 CPUs.
* #448: [Windows] get_children() and ppid() memory leak (patch by Ulrich Klank).
* #457: [POSIX] pid_exists() always returns True for PID 0.
* #461: namedtuples are not pickle-able.
* #466: [Linux] process exe improper null bytes handling. (patch by Gautam Singh)
* #470: wait_procs() might not wait. (patch by crusaderky)
* #471: [Windows] process exe improper unicode handling. (patch by alexAATTmroja.net)
* #473: psutil.Popen.wait() does not set returncode attribute.
* #474: [Windows] Process.cpu_percent() is no longer capped at 100%.
* #476: [Linux] encoding error for process name and cmdline.
* API changes For the sake of consistency a lot of psutil APIs have been renamed. In most cases accessing the old names will work but it will cause a DeprecationWarning.
* module level constants have being replaced by functions
* Renamed psutil.
* All psutil.Process ``get_
*`` methods lost the ``get_`` prefix. get_ext_memory_info() renamed to memory_info_ex(). Assuming \"p = psutil.Process()\"
* All psutil.Process ``set_
*`` methods lost the ``set_`` prefix. Assuming \"p = psutil.Process()\"
* Except for \'pid\' all psutil.Process class properties have been turned into methods. This is the only case which there are no aliases. Assuming \"p = psutil.Process()\"
* timeout parameter of cpu_percent
* functions defaults to 0.0 instead of 0.1.
* long deprecated psutil.error module is gone; exception classes now live in \"psutil\" namespace only.
* Process instances\' \"retcode\" attribute returned by psutil.wait_procs() has been renamed to \"returncode\" for consistency with subprocess.Popen.
* Tue Sep 02 2014 roAATTsuse.de- sanitize release line in specfile
* Wed Nov 27 2013 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Update to version 1.2.1
* #348: [Windows XP] fixed \"ImportError: DLL load failed\" occurring on module import.
* #425: [Solaris] crash on import due to failure at determining BOOT_TIME.
* #443: [Linux] can\'t set CPU affinity with systems with more than 64 cores.- Changes from version 1.2.0
* #439: assume os.getpid() if no argument is passed to psutil.Process constructor.
* #440: new psutil.wait_procs() utility function which waits for multiple processes to terminate.
* #348: [Windows XP/Vista] fixed \"ImportError: DLL load failed\" occurring on module import.- Changes from version 1.1.3
* #442: [Linux] psutil won\'t compile on certain version of Linux because of missing prlimit(2) syscall.- Changes from version 1.1.2
* #442: [Linux] psutil won\'t compile on Debian 6.0 because of missing prlimit(2) syscall.
* Mon Oct 21 2013 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- update to 1.1.1:
* #410: tar.gz and windows binary files are now hosted on PYPI.
* #412: [Linux] get/set process resource limits.
* #415: [Windows] Process.get_children() is an order of magnitude faster.
* #426: [Windows] Process.name is an order of magnitude faster.
* #431: [UNIX] Process.name is slightly faster because it unnecessarily retrieved also process cmdline.
* Fri Jul 19 2013 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- update to 1.0.1:
* network_io_counters(pernic=True) no longer works as intended in 1.0.0.
* Thu Jul 11 2013 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- update to 1.0.0:
* Process.get_connections() \'status\' strings are now constants.
* test suite exits with non-zero on failure. (patch by floppymaster)
* extensively use unittest2 module in unit tests and provide workarounds if this is not installed on python < 2.7.
* Process.get_memory_maps() may raise ValueError.
* Process.get_connections() \'status\' field is no longer a string but a constant object (psutil.CONN_
* Process.get_connections() \'local_address\' and \'remote_address\' fields renamed to \'laddr\' and \'raddr\'.
* psutil.network_io_counters() renamed to psutil.net_io_counters().
* Tue May 07 2013 michaelAATTstroeder.com- Update to upstream release 0.7.1: Many bug fixes, some new features and API changes
* Wed Jan 02 2013 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Fix building on SLES
* Sat Oct 06 2012 os-devAATTjacraig.com- Update to 0.6.1:
* process cmdline property now makes a better job at guessing the process executable from the cmdline.
* process exe was resolved in case it was a symlink.
* python 2.4 compatibility was broken.
* process exe can now return an empty string instead of raising AccessDenied.
* process exe is no longer resolved in case it\'s a symlink.- Tons of changes from previous versions, please see HISTORY.- Remove references to docs directory in spec file, as it no longer exists.- Remove unnecessary shebangs from python scripts to quiet rpmlint.
* Fri May 25 2012 highwaystar.ruAATTgmail.com- python3 package added- minor spec improvement
* Tue Apr 24 2012 saschpeAATTsuse.de- It\'s not a noarch package
* Fri Mar 23 2012 saschpeAATTsuse.de- Spec file cleanup:
* No need for setuptools here, distribute replaces it completely
* Macro simplifcation
* Mon Mar 19 2012 cfarrellAATTsuse.com- First import