Changelog for libicu-suse65_1-65.1-lp152.2.1.x86_64.rpm
* Sun May 31 2020 Cliff Zhao - Add the provides for libicu to Make .Net core can install successfully. (bsc#1167603, bsc#1161007)
* Sat Oct 05 2019 Jan Engelhardt - Update to release 65.1 (jsc#SLE-11118).
* Updated to CLDR 36 locale data with many additions and corrections, and some new measurement units.
* The Java LocaleMatcher API is improved, and ported to C++.- Drop 075cefb2e21f57f4cac1bc2868e93dd1b8c077cc.patch (merged)
* Wed Aug 21 2019 kukukAATTsuse.de- Remove old obsoletes/provides for migration from very old products, as they break our shared library policy (bsc#1146907).
* Tue May 14 2019 Ismail Dönmez - Add 075cefb2e21f57f4cac1bc2868e93dd1b8c077cc.patch to fix a regression with the C.UTF-8 locale https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-20575
* Thu Apr 18 2019 Jan Engelhardt - Update to new upstream release 64.2
* This maintenance update for ICU 64 includes draft Unicode 12.1 update, CLDR 35.1 locale data and support for the new Japanese era Reiwa (令和). (boo#1112183, bnc#1103893, FATE#325570)
* Mon Apr 01 2019 Jan Engelhardt - Update to new upstream release 64.1
* Updates to Unicode 12 and to CLDR 35 locale data with many additions and corrections, and some new languages. ICU adds a data filtering/subsetting mechanism, improved formatting API, and a C++ LocaleBuilder.- New python3 dependency to build intermediate file test/testdata/rules.mk.
* Wed Oct 17 2018 Ismail Dönmez - Update to new upstream release 63.1
* CLDR 34 + Segmentation rules and emoji sort order adjusted for Unicode 11 + Somali and Javanese data now up to moderate level (document content) + Tongan, Konkani, Maori, Dzongkha, Tatar, Kurdish (ku), and Xhosa data now up to basic level + Many data additions and corrections in many other languages + The following languages have been added to ICU: Sindhi, Maori, Turkmen, Javanese, Interlingua, Kurdish (ku), Xhosa
* New currency: Venezuela\'s Bolívar Soberano (VES)
* New Japanese calendar era from 2019: CLDR and ICU include data for testing that can be enabled. (ICU #12973, CLDR #10750)
* To enable CLDR new Japanese era placeholder name, set environment variable (and Java system property for ICU4J) ICU_ENABLE_TENTATIVE_ERA=true.
* New API for number and currency range formatting (class NumberRangeFormatter, #11276)
* Support for additional Unicode properties: Indic_Positional_Category & Indic_Syllabic_Category (#8966) and Vertical_Orientation (#12850)
* New API for code point maps and tries, mapping Unicode code points (U+0000..U+10FFFF) to integer values. (#13530)
* Java classes CodePointMap, CodePointTrie, MutableCodePointTrie
* C types UCPMap, UCPTrie, UMutableCPTrie
* New API for getting a UnicodeSet per binary property and a code point map per enumerated/int-value property. (#20086)
* Full conformance with UAX #14 Line Breaking (required BreakIterator feature work). (#7270)
* C++ Locale class + Additional functions forLanguageTag()/toLanguageTag(), and functions that are easier and safer to use by using StringPiece and ByteSink rather than raw buffers. (#13417) + Move semantics. (#13645)
* Various Out-Of-Memory (OOM) issues have been fixed.- Refresh icu-versioning.diff
* Sun Jul 29 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 62.1
* Unicode 11: 684 new characters, including 7 new scripts, Mtavruli Georgian capital letters, 5 new Han characters, and 66 new emoji characters.
* CLDR 33.1
* Under-the-hood overhaul of number parsing. Behavior is mostly compatible with previous versions, but there are some known differences.- Remove xlocale.patch (code to patch is gone), icu-number-grouping.diff (merged upstream)
* Mon Jun 04 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de- Add icu-susevers.diff and disable UTF-8 assumption [boo#1095425]
* Wed Apr 04 2018 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 61.1
* ICU 61 upgrades to CLDR 33 locale data.- Add icu-number-grouping.diff
* Tue Dec 26 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Drop dangling symlinks /usr/lib64/icu/
* Thu Dec 14 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 60.2
* ICU 60 provides full support for the Unicode 10.0 release with many new characters and many property improvements. Locale data is updated to CLDR 32, which adds several languages and data improvements. A new number formatting API has been added.
* Wed Aug 02 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- refresh icu-avoid-x87-excess-precision.diff with p1
* Wed Jul 05 2017 schwabAATTsuse.de- xlocale.patch: don\'t use obsolete
* Wed May 17 2017 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Add icu-avoid-x87-excess-precision.diff to avoid FixedPrecision::initVisibleDigits failure on i586 with GCC 7. (bnc#1030253)
* Thu Apr 27 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 59.1
* Emoji 5.0 data
* CLDR 31.0.1
* GMT and UTC are no longer unified, and CLDR provides distinct UTC display names, avoiding confusion with standard (winter) time in Britain.
* New case mapping API (C++ & Java classes CaseMap) supports styled text
* ICU4C now uses and requires C++11 language features and libraries.
* ICU4C has also moved to char16_t as the type for UTF-16. This is a breaking change. Please see the detail section below.
* Sat Dec 10 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Update to new upstream release 58.2
* CLDR 30.0.3: + Fix incorrect data for number of Cantonese speakers in China. + Hani_Latn transform was not updated with Unihan 9.0 kMandarin readings.
* Time zone database version 2016j
* #12815 uspoof_getSkeleton sets backwards-incompatible illegal argument exception
* #12825 uspoof_check goes into an \"infinite loop\" when U+30FB is in an input string
* #12832 GreekUpper::toUpper skips the final character on a non-terminated UTF-8 string
* #12849 u_strToTitle returns incorrect length if destination is NULL
* Fri Oct 21 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 58.1
* CLDR 30.0.2: For details of the many changes in CLDR, see CLDR 30. Some things to note:
* For some combinations of numbering system (arab, arabext, latn) and/or locale (ar, fa, he), there were changes to the bidirectional control characters used with certain symbols (percent, minus, plus), and changes to number patterns (currency and/or percent, including addition of bidirectional control characters in some cases).
* Thhe bidirectional controls used for such purposes include U+061C ARABIC LETTER MARK (ALM), which requires use of the bidirectional algorithm from Unicode 6.3 or later.
* The time separator for Norwegian locales (nb, nn) was changed to be \':\' throughout.
* Unicode 9.0: Version 9.0 adds exactly 7,500 characters, for a total of 128,172 characters. These additions include six new scripts, 19 symbols for the new 4K TV standard, and 72 new emoji characters.
* Draft Emoji 4.0 data
* Emoji updates for word & line breaking
* UBiDiTransform/BidiTransform API for convenient transformation of text between different Bidi layouts.
* MeasureFormat API for measurement unit display names
* Most COUNT and LIMIT enum constants have been deprecated
* SpoofChecker: Handling of \"whole script confusables\" has been removed from ICU, in accordance with its removal from UTS #39 Version 9.0.0 and the removal of the corresponding Unicode data file.
* Greek uppercasing (\"el\" locale ID) removes most diacritics.
* More robust locale data loading across ICU implementation code.
* Reduced heap memory usage in DateTimePatternGenerator
* Fri Mar 25 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 57.1
* CLDR 29 support
* Grapheme/word/line breaking for emoji sequences, based on Unicode 9 proposed rules.
* Four new Unicode emoji properties
* DateFormat day period formatting of \"noon\", \"at night\", etc. via new pattern characters b & B, and DateTimePatternGenerator support of C for selecting the customary form.
* RelativeDateTimeFormatter: Simpler formatting API.
* New simple & fast SimpleFormatter class for a trivial subset of MessageFormat as used in CLDR data.
* Fri Oct 09 2015 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update to new upstream release 56.1
* CLDR 28: For details of the many changes in CLDR, see CLDR 28.
* Unicode data updated to Unicode 8.0: 41 new emoji characters, 5,771 new ideographs for Chinese/Japanese/Korean, 6 new scripts, improved character properties data, etc.
* ICU data size reduced by about 7.2% (1.8MB) via sharing string values across resource bundles.
* DateIntervalFormat now handles intervals with seconds, and sets FieldPosition more consistently.
* DateFormat::createInstanceForSkeleton() caches DateFormat patterns rather than DateTimePatternGenerator instances, for better performance (for cache hits) and lower heap memory consumption.
* StringSearch (based on collation) defaults to matches on normalization boundaries rather than grapheme cluster boundaries, which yields more matches on Indic text.
* RuleBasedNumberFormat (spelled-out numbers) now handles infinity, NaN.
* Most of the old Normalizer/unorm.h had been replaced by (and reimplemented via) Normalizer2, and is now deprecated.
* COLON has been withdrawn as a date pattern character corresponding to the date field [UDAT_]TIME_SEPARATOR_FIELD; there is currently no pattern character corresponding to that field.
* Support for locale key \"cf\" to specify currency format style, and interaction with NumberFormat values for UNumberFormatStyle.- Drop icu-remove-datetime.patch (merged upstream)
* Tue Apr 28 2015 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Update baselibs.conf
* Tue Apr 28 2015 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Version bump to latest release 55.1:
* support of CLDR 27 (with a major cleanup of region locales, among many other improvements), formatting for scientific notation (\"1.2 × 10³\")
* update to Unicode 7.0 data for spoof-checking
* Various performance enhancements
* Full upstream changelog: http://site.icu-project.org/download/55- Refresh the soname versioning patch: