Changelog for ghc-transformers-devel-0.5.6.2-lp151.3.13.x86_64.rpm
* Wed Mar 13 2019 Ondřej Súkup - really bump llvm5 to llvm6 requires for ghc-compiler
* Tue Mar 12 2019 Ondřej Súkup - bump llvm req to llvm6
* Wed Mar 06 2019 Ondřej Súkup - update to 8.6.4
* A bug wherein changes in default method definitions would fail to trigger recompilation has been fixed
* A bug wherein plugins would fail to lookup names not in scope in the module being compiled has been fixed
* A bug where some programs involving StaticData would be rejected with either a typechecking error or internal compiler error has been fixed
* A bug where compilation on Windows can fail with linker errors referring to __chkstk_ms has been fixed
* Mon Dec 17 2018 Ondřej Súkup - use python3-Sphinx instead deprecated python-sphinx [boo#1119686]
* Sat Dec 08 2018 Ondřej Súkup - update to 8.6.3
* A code generation bug resulting in segmentations faults in some programs
* bug leading to programs with deep stacks crashing when run with retainer profiling enabled
* A bug resulting in potential heap corruption during stable name allocation
* Plugins are now loaded during GHCi sessions
* Wed Nov 07 2018 Ondřej Súkup - dont require memory-constraints on older distros- dropped reproducible-tmp-names.patch
* Tue Nov 06 2018 Ondřej Súkup - update to 8.6.2
* Several compiler panics observed in GHC 8.6.1 have been fixed
* An integer overflow, resulting in some encodeFloat uses returning incorrect results, has been fixed
* A long-standing bug in the LLVM code generator, resulting in incorrect floating point evaluation, has been fixed.
* A long-standing bug exposed in GHC 8.6.1, has been fixed. This issue resulted in undefined runtime behavior with some uses of the dataToTag# primop. Note that this issue, while less likely to manifest, has existed in some form in all GHC releases prior to this release and may result in silent, incorrect evaluation.
* Mon Oct 29 2018 Guillaume GARDET - Make use of memory-constraints to avoid OOM errors
* Fri Oct 26 2018 Guillaume GARDET - Remove forced \'make -j2\' for aarch64 and %arm
* Tue Oct 09 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- add Disable-unboxed-arrays.patch
* apply on ppc64 only
* fixes ppc64 build- add D5212.patch
* fix GHCi on big endian platforms
* Tue Oct 02 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- cleanup
* remove unused conditional in configure command
* Tue Oct 02 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- update to 8.6.1- add 0001-Fix-check-whether-GCC-supports-__atomic_-builtins.patch
* fix __atomic_builtin detection
* upstream commit ce3897ff- drop add_armv6l_and_armv7l_target.patch
* fixed upstream- drop fix-ppc64le-recognition.patch
* fixed upstream- drop fix-build-using-unregisterized-v8.2.patch
* bootstrap with 8.4.3 works w/o this patch- refresh ghc-pie.patch- refresh ghc-8.0.2-Cabal-dyndir.patch- refresh buildpath-abi-stability.patch
* Sun Sep 30 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- Add fix-build-using-unregisterized-v8.2.patch
* Fix build on s390x
* Thu Sep 06 2018 mmanu84AATToutlook.de- Fix armv6 build by adding armv6l to llvm-targets:
* change add_armv7l_target.patch to add_armv6l_and_armv7l_target.patch
* Wed Jul 18 2018 psimonsAATTsuse.com- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space, and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.
* Sun Jul 01 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- Fix dependencies on arm and s390x
* Sun Jun 17 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- add fix-ppc64le-recognition.patch
* recognize powerpc64le as PPC64 in cabal files
* Fri Jun 01 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- update to 8.4.3
* code generation for UnboxedSum fixed
* compatibility withe newer binutils (as)
* Cabal issue with abi-depends fixed
* Sun May 27 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- Fix build for older openSUSE- Don\'t do selfbootstrapping
* Cuts down build time roughly in half
* Fri May 18 2018 guillaume.gardetAATTopensuse.org- Fix armv7 build by adding armv7l to llvm-targets:
* Thu Apr 26 2018 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- update to 8.4.2- drop 0001-PPC-CodeGen-fix-lwa-instruction-generation.patch
* fixed upstream- drop 0001-PPC-Implement-Atomic-operations.patch
* fixed upstream- drop 0001-Use-__atomic-intrinsics-for-atomicread-write.patch
* fixed upstream- drop D4089.patch
* fixed upstream
* Thu Apr 26 2018 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- fix BuildRequires for llvm
* Wed Apr 18 2018 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- use %license macro as used by new ghc-rpm-macros
* Mon Dec 18 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- refresh ghc-pie.patch so it applies cleanly
* Sat Dec 16 2017 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- reintroduce ghc-pie.patch (pure upstreams don\'t work)
* Sat Dec 09 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- update to 8.2.2- Several important correctness issues fixing potential runtime crashes- A correctness issue leading to undefined behavior in some programs making use of STMa fixed- A runtime system bug which may have manifested as a segmentation fault under low-memory conditions fixed- ghc-pkg now works correctly ihn environments with misconfigured NFS mounts- GHC can now produce position-independent executables- Significantly improved type errors- refresh reproducible-tmp-names.patch- drop ghc-pie.patch fixed upstream
* Tue Oct 31 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- update to 8.2.1- improved compiler performance- reliable DWARF debugging information on x86_64 and i386- aarch64: registerised through LLVM backend (experimental)- optimized build for platforms with LLVM backend (arm, aarch64)- improved performance on NUMA systems- interface file determinism- various language improvements- update _constraints
* ppc64le builds need less memory since 8.2.1- drop support for ppc and s390- drop ghc-no-madv-free.patch fixed upstream- drop 0001-StgCmmPrim-Add-missing-write-barrier.patch- refresh buildpath-abi-stability.patch- refresh ghc-8.0.2-Cabal-dynlibdir.patch- refresh ghc-pie.patch- refresh reproducible-tmp-names.patch- refresh 0001-PPC-Implement-Atomic-operations.patch- refresh D4089.patch
* Tue Oct 17 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- add D4089.patch
* fix GHCi issue on ppc64
* see Haskell Trac #11262
* Fri Sep 22 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- add 0001-Use-__atomic-intrinsics-for-atomicread-write.patch
* add missing memory barriers on atomic read/write ops
* fixes upstream ticket #14244- adjust comment for patch 32
* the situation with upstream #12537 is improved but not solved. Patch 32, however, is correct. There are even more memory barriers missing elsewhere in the compiler.
* Sat Sep 16 2017 ptrommlerAATTicloud.com- add 0001-PPC-Implement-Atomic-operations.patch
* fixes parallel programs on all PowerPC platforms
* uptream ticket #12537- refresh buildpath-abi-stability.patch
* Sun May 28 2017 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- make compatible with new upstream macros- added patches for more stable abi:
* Sat May 06 2017 meissnerAATTsuse.com- enable for global PIE support: - the compiler is built without PIE support due to the bootstrap libraries being non-PIE using BuildIgnore: gcc-PIE - the compiler itself builds -fPIC objects all the time, which should make all ghc compiled binaries be PIE.- ghc-pie.patch: enable default -fPIC on Linux/x86_64
* Sun Jan 22 2017 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- comment for patch 100- refresh ghc-no-madv-free.patch with upstream patch
* upstream fix for Haskell Trac #12865
* Haskell Trac #12495 is a duplicate
* Sat Jan 21 2017 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update to 8.0.2- drop patches merged by upstream:
* D2495.patch- refreshed patches:
* ghc-no-madv-free.patch- added ghc-8.0.2-Cabal-dynlibdir.patch by Jens Petersen simplifing haskell packaging + Interface files produced by GHC should now be deterministic ( boo#998972 ) + A bug has been fixed that caused standalone derived Ix instances to fail for GADTs with exactly one constructor + Compatibility fixes recent Linux distributions.
* Fri Jan 20 2017 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- drop D2844.patch
* the patch causes more issues with parallel builds- fixes boo#1020909
* Fri Dec 16 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add D2844.patch
* fix issues with parallel builds
* Fri Oct 14 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- make compatible with new ghc-rpm-macros
* Wed Sep 28 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- update to 8.0.1- drop patches fixed upstream:
* drop atomic-cast.patch
* drop cabal-show-detail-direct.patch
* drop 0001-link-command-line-libs-to-temp-so.patch
* drop 0001-implement-native-code-generator-for-ppc64.patch
* drop ghc.git-b29f20.patch
* drop u_terminfo_0402.patch
* drop u_Cabal_update.patch
* drop u_haskeline_update.patch
* drop 0001-Fix-misspelled-WORDS_BIGENDIAN-macro.patch
* drop D2214.patch
* drop D2225.patch- refresh 0001-StgCmmPrim-Add-missing-write-barrier.patch- refresh 0001-PPC-CodeGen-fix-lwa-instruction-generation.patch- add ghc-no-madv-free.patch to fix \"unable to decommit memory: Invalid argument\" errors GHC reports due to a misdetected MADV_FREE capability. The configure script sees the symbol define by glibc, but unfortunately this doesn\'t mean that the running kernel actually supports the feature, too. The upstream ticket https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/12495 has more details. Thanks to AATTpsimons- GHC produces debug information on x86 and x86_64- aarch64 has LLVM backend (requires llvm-3.7)- native code generator for powerpc64[le] (openSUSE contribution!)- disable html doc on SLE, we don\'t have python-sphinx
* Thanks AATTmimi_vx
* Tue Sep 27 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add D2495.patch
* missing memory barrier on PowerPC, ARM- add 0001-StgCmmPrim-Add-missing-write-barrier.patch
* another issing memory barrier on PowerPC, ARM- add 0001-PPC-CodeGen-fix-lwa-instruction-generation.patch
* fix bug in code generator
* fixes build of ghc-zeromq4-haskell on powerpc64[le]
* Thu Aug 18 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- fix boo#994268
* Tue May 17 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add D2225.patch
* backport of upstream patch accepted for ghc 8.0.1
* fix SMP primitives on all powerpc archs
* Sat May 14 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add D2214.patch
* backport of upstream patch slated for ghc 8.0.2
* fix issue in code PowerPC code generator (32 bit and 64 bit)- add 0001-Fix-misspelled-WORDS_BIGENDIAN-macro.patch
* backport of upstream fix slated for ghc 8.0.2
* fix bytestring library on big-endian archs
* fix wrong results in ghc-pureMD5 and others on big-endian
* Tue Apr 19 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update haskeline to 0.7.2.3- refresh u_haskeline_update.patch
* Fix hsc2hs-related warning on ghc-8
* Fix the behavior of ctrl-W in the emacs bindings
* Point to github instead of trac
* Tue Mar 08 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update Cabal to 220.127.116.11- refresh u_Cabal_update.patch
* Distribution.Simple.Setup: remove job cap
* Check all object file suffixes for recompilation
* Move source files under \'src/\'.
* Wed Feb 17 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- limit parallel jobs to two on aarch64
* aarch64 runs out of memory with too many parallel compiles
* Sun Feb 14 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add missing C library dependency to terminfo devel package
* Sun Feb 07 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update haskeline to 0.7.2.2- add u_haskeline_update.patch
* canonicalize AMP instances to make the code more future proof
* Generalize constraints for InputT instances
* Bump upper bounds on base and transformers
* Make Haskeline `-Wtabs` clean
* Tue Jan 26 2016 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update Cabal to 18.104.22.168- refresh u_Cabal_update.patch
* Backport #3012 to the 1.22 branch
* Add foldl\' import
* The Cabal part for fully gcc-like response files
* Tue Jan 05 2016 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- update tarball to 7.10.3b
* some documentation files were missing in the original 7.10.3 tarball- add 0001-link-command-line-libs-to-temp-so.patch
* fix panic in GHCi when linking against C library specified as command line argument (-l)
* currently under upstream review
* fix Haskell trac #10458
* Mon Dec 28 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update Cabal to 22.214.171.124- add u_Cabal_update.patch -- update of Cabal
* Relax upper bound to allow upcoming binary-0.8
* Mon Dec 21 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update terminfo to 0.4.0.2- drop remove-cur_term-usage.patch - merged by upstream- add u_terminfo_0402.patch -- update of terminfo
* Mon Dec 07 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- update Cabal to 126.96.36.199
* Don\'t recompile C sources unless needed
* Support Haddock response files.
* Add frameworks when linking a dynamic library.
* Tue Dec 01 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- use upstream variant of remove-cur_term-usage.patch
* Tue Oct 06 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- update to 7.10.3- add cabal-show-detail-direct.patch -- Fix testsuites with large output. Debian patch. Thanks Joachim for suggesting it in Haskell #10870!- add ghc.git-b29f20.patch
* fixes upstream #7830
* fix ghc 7.10.2 failing to bootstrap ghc head on ppc and perhaps ppc64 with some optimizations enabled
* backport of my patch for upcoming ghc 8.0.1
* Mon Oct 05 2015 schwabAATTsuse.de- atomic-cast.patch: fix signature of atomic bultins- ghc-7.8-arm-use-ld-gold.patch: remove obsolete patch
* Sat Oct 03 2015 sbahlingAATTsuse.com- Remove ncurses6.patch - it\'s not so easy ;)- Add remove-cur_term-usage.patch to remove the need to access the cur_term global which isn\'t available in the openSUSE ncurses6 build.
* Sat Oct 03 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- Add choice for libffi in openSUSE:Leap:42.1
* Sun Sep 20 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- remove llvm from requires- add ncurses6.patch to fix build with ncurses6, all thanks goes to Tomas Cech sleep_walkerAATTopensuse.org
* Mon Aug 10 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- update to 7.10.2
* type checker fixes
* fixes for Aarch64 support
* fix deadlock in runtime system when scheduling garbage collection- 7.10.1 highlights
* implement Applicative Monad Proposal
* implement Burning Bridges Proposal
* support for partial type signatures
* reimplement integer-gmp
* support plugins in type checker (experimental!)- drop llvm-powerpc64-datalayout.patch
* this patch was incomplete all along and now we have our native code generator- drop ghc-cabal-unversion-docdir.patch
* ghc-rpm-macros is following ghc\'s doc layout so no need to patch- drop D349.patch
* fixed upstream- drop integer-gmp.patch
* we do not support SLE11 anymore- drop ghc-7.8.2-cgen-constify.patch
* fixed upstream- drop D560.patch
* fixed upstream- drop ghc-glibc-2.20_BSD_SOURCE.patch
* fixed upstream- drop ghc-arm64.patch
* fixed upstream- drop ghc-config.mk.in-Enable-SMP-and-GHCi-support-for-Aarch64.patch
* fixed upstream- refresh 0001-implement-native-code-generator-for-ppc64.patch- disable ghc-7.8-arm-use-ld-gold.patch
* not sure we need this, must be rebased if we do
* Fri Jul 17 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add ghc-config.mk.in-Enable-SMP-and-GHCi-support-for-Aarch64.patch
* enable SMP and GHCi on Aarch64- add ghc-7.8-arm-use-ld-gold.patch
* Aarch64 needs gold linker
* Fri May 29 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- refresh ghc-arm64.patch- unconditionally apply ghc-arm64.patch
* Thu May 28 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add backport of powerpc64le native code generator to 0001-implement-native-code-generator-for-ppc64.patch- refresh D349.patch
* Thu May 28 2015 roAATTsuse.de- on s390/s390x use \"make -j2\" to stabilize abi hashes (see also redhat bug 1212374)
* Tue May 26 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- disable llvm on arm64
* Thu May 21 2015 roAATTsuse.de- re-diffed ghc-arm64.patch
* Thu May 21 2015 roAATTsuse.de- add ghc-arm64.patch for aarch64- add aarch64, s390, s390x to ExclusiveArch
* Tue Apr 14 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- remove unneeded conditions
* Mon Apr 13 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- chnage constraints to 12G for disk and 4G for ram
* Sun Mar 15 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add ghc-glibc-2.20_BSD_SOURCE.patch
* fixes build on unregisterised architectures (openSUSE: ppc64le)
* Mon Feb 23 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- drop ghc-cabal-unversion-docdir.patch
* ghc-rpm-macros follows upstream ghc again
* Wed Feb 04 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com+ add ghc-glibc-2.20_BSD_SOURCE.patch from fedora- updated to 7.8.4 + removed D177.patch (in upstream) + removed D173.patch (in upstream) + removed ghc.git-e18525f.patch (in upstream) + refresh 0001-implement-native-code-generator-for-ppc64.patch
* A critical bug in the LLVM backend which would cause the compiler to generate incorrect code has been fixed (issue #9439).
* Several bugs in the code generator have been fixed for unregisterised platforms, such as 64bit PowerPC (issue #8819 and #8849).
* A bug that could cause GHC\'s constructor specialization pass (enabled by default at -O2, or via -fspec-constr) to loop forever and consume large amounts of memory has been fixed (issue #8960).
* A bug that would cause GHC to fail when attempting to determine GCC\'s version information in non-english locales has been fixed (issue #8825).
* A minor bug that allowed GHC to seemingly import (but not use) private data constructors has been fixed (issue #9006).
* A bug in the register allocator which would cause GHC to crash during compilation has been fixed (issue #9303).
* A bug that caused the compiler to panic on some input C-- code has been fixed (issue #9329).
* A few various minor deadlocks in the runtime system when using forkProcess have been fixed.
* A bug which made blocked STM transactions non-interruptible has been fixed (issue #9379).
* A bug in the compiler which broke pattern synonym imports across modules in Haddock has been fixed (issue #9417).
* A minor bug in the code generator in which the popCnt16# did not zero-extend its result has been fixed (issue #9435).
* A bug which caused the compiler to panic on pattern synonyms inside a class declaration has been fixed (issue #9705).
* A bug in the typechecker revolving around un-saturated type family applications has been fixed (issue #9433).
* Several bugs have been fixed causing problems with building GHC on ARM (issues #8951, #9620, #9336, and #9552).
* A bug in the typechecker that could cause an infinite loop when using superclasses in a cycle has been fixed (issue #9415).
* A bug causing corruption in signal handling with the single-threaded runtime system has been fixed (issue #9817).
* A bug that could cause compiled programs to crash due to use of overlapping type families has been fixed (issue #9371).
* A bug in the inliner that caused certain expressions within unboxed tuples to not be properly evaluated has been fixed (issue #9390).
* A bug that caused the compiler to not always properly detect LLVM tools (particularly on Windows) has been fixed (issue #7143).
* A bug that prevented GHC from deriving Generic1 instances for data families has been fixed (#9563).
* A bug that caused type inference to infer the incorrect type in the presence of certain type families and constraints has been fixed (issue #9316).
* Tue Feb 03 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- add constraints file
* Tue Feb 03 2015 mimi.vxAATTgmail.com- remove dblatex dependency
* Mon Jan 12 2015 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add patch 0001-implement-native-code-generator-for-ppc64.patch
* native code generation improved compilation speed
* fewer errors in testsuite than with C back end
* Sat Dec 13 2014 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add patch D560.patch
* fixes dynamic linking on ppc
* see https://phabricator.haskell.org/D560
* this is a back port of the upstream patch
* Wed Nov 05 2014 peter.trommlerAATTohm-hochschule.de- add patch D349.patch
* fix a crash with dynamic linking in GHCi when accessing the process environment
* our patch has been submitted upstream
* see https://phabricator.haskell.org/D349