Changelog for libjpeg8-32bit-8.1.2-1.22.x86_64.rpm
* Wed Jan 18 2017 bwiedemannAATTsuse.com- set build date to enable reproducible builds
* Wed Sep 21 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Update to version 1.5.1 + Fix for PowerPC platforms lacking AltiVec instructions + Fix ABI problem with clang/llvm on aarch64. + Fancy upsampling is now supported when decompressing JPEG images that use 4:4:0 (h1v2) chroma subsampling. + If merged upsampling isn\'t SIMD-accelerated but YCbCr-to-RGB conversion is, then libjpeg-turbo will now disable merged upsampling when decompressing YCbCr JPEG images into RGB or extended RGB output images. This significantly speeds up the decompression of 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 JPEGs on ARM platforms if fancy upsampling is not used (for example, if the -nosmooth option to djpeg is specified.) + The TurboJPEG API will now decompress 4:2:2 and 4:4:0 JPEG images with 2x2 luminance sampling factors and 2x1 or 1x2 chrominance sampling factors. + Fixed an unsigned integer overflow in the libjpeg memory manager. + Fixed additional negative left shifts and other issues reported by the GCC and Clang undefined behavior sanitizers when attempting to decompress specially-crafted malformed JPEG images. None of these issues posed a security threat, but removing the warnings makes it easier to detect actual security issues, should they arise in the future. + Fixed an out-of-bounds array reference, introduced by 1.4.902 and detected by the Clang undefined behavior sanitizer, that could be triggered by a specially-crafted malformed JPEG image with more than four components. Because the out-of-bounds reference was still within the same structure, it was not known to pose a security threat, but removing the warning makes it easier to detect actual security issues, should they arise in the future.
* Wed Jun 08 2016 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Update to version 1.5.0 + Fixed an issue whereby a malformed motion-JPEG frame could cause the \"fast path\" of libjpeg-turbo\'s Huffman decoder to read from uninitialized memory. + Added libjpeg-turbo version and build information to the global string table of the libjpeg and TurboJPEG API libraries. + Fixed a couple of issues in the PPM reader that would cause buffer overruns in cjpeg if one of the values in a binary PPM/PGM input file exceeded the maximum value defined in the file\'s header. libjpeg-turbo 1.4.2 already included a similar fix for ASCII PPM/PGM files. Note that these issues were not security bugs, since they were confined to the cjpeg program and did not affect any of the libjpeg-turbo libraries. + Fixed an issue whereby attempting to decompress a JPEG file with a corrupt header using the tjDecompressToYUV2() function would cause the function to abort without returning an error and, under certain circumstances, corrupt the stack. This only occurred if tjDecompressToYUV2() was called prior to calling tjDecompressHeader3(), or if the return value from tjDecompressHeader3() was ignored (both cases represent incorrect usage of the TurboJPEG API.) + The jpeg_stdio_src(), jpeg_mem_src(), jpeg_stdio_dest(), and jpeg_mem_dest() functions in the libjpeg API will now throw an error if a source/destination manager has already been assigned to the compress or decompress object by a different function or by the calling program.
* Thu Oct 08 2015 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Update to version 1.4.2 + Crash fixes + clang compatibility fixes + See the included ChangeLog.txt for the details- Drop libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0-int32.patch, not needed anymore.- Drop libjpeg-turbo-remove-test.patch, fixed upstream.
* Thu Mar 05 2015 jengelhAATTinai.de- Remove useless same-name provides. Use download URLs not dependent on directory structure.
* Mon Mar 02 2015 normandAATTlinux.vnet.ibm.com- Remove float tests with new libjpeg-turbo-remove-test.patch same as Fedora bug 1161585 related to upstream issue https://sourceforge.net/p/libjpeg-turbo/bugs/83/
* Sat Jan 10 2015 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Update to version 1.4.0 + Fixed a build issue on OS X PowerPC platforms (md5cmp failed to build because OS X does not provide the le32toh() and htole32() functions.) + The non-SIMD RGB565 color conversion code did not work correctly on big endian machines. This has been fixed. + Fixed an issue in tjPlaneSizeYUV() whereby it would erroneously return 1 instead of -1 if componentID was > 0 and subsamp was TJSAMP_GRAY. + Fixed an issue in tjBufSizeYUV2() wherby it would erroneously return 0 instead of -1 if width was < 1. + The Huffman encoder now uses clz and bsr instructions for bit counting on ARM64 platforms (see 1.4 beta1 .) + The close() method in the TJCompressor and TJDecompressor Java classes is now idempotent. Previously, that method would call the native tjDestroy() function even if the TurboJPEG instance had already been destroyed. This caused an exception to be thrown during finalization, if the close() method had already been called. The exception was caught, but it was still an expensive operation. + The TurboJPEG API previously generated an error (\"Could not determine subsampling type for JPEG image\") when attempting to decompress grayscale JPEG images that were compressed with a sampling factor other than 1 (for instance, with \'cjpeg -grayscale -sample 2x2\'). Subsampling technically has no meaning with grayscale JPEGs, and thus the horizontal and vertical sampling factors for such images are ignored by the decompressor. However, the TurboJPEG API was being too rigid and was expecting the sampling factors to be equal to 1 before it treated the image as a grayscale JPEG. + cjpeg, djpeg, and jpegtran now accept an argument of -version, which will print the library version and exit. + Referring to 1.4 beta1 , another extremely rare circumstance was discovered under which the Huffman encoder\'s local buffer can be overrun when a buffered destination manager is being used and an extremely-high-frequency block (basically junk image data) is being encoded. Even though the Huffman local buffer was increased from 128 bytes to 136 bytes to address the previous issue, the new issue caused even the larger buffer to be overrun. Further analysis reveals that, in the absolute worst case (such as setting alternating AC coefficients to 32767 and -32768 in the JPEG scanning order), the Huffman encoder can produce encoded blocks that approach double the size of the unencoded blocks. Thus, the Huffman local buffer was increased to 256 bytes, which should prevent any such issue from re-occurring in the future. + The new tjPlaneSizeYUV(), tjPlaneWidth(), and tjPlaneHeight() functions were not actually usable on any platform except OS X and Windows, because those functions were not included in the libturbojpeg mapfile. This has been fixed. + Restored the JPP(), JMETHOD(), and FAR macros in the libjpeg-turbo header files. The JPP() and JMETHOD() macros were originally implemented in libjpeg as a way of supporting non-ANSI compilers that lacked support for prototype parameters. libjpeg-turbo has never supported such compilers, but some software packages still use the macros to define their own prototypes. Similarly, libjpeg-turbo has never supported MS-DOS and other platforms that have far symbols, but some software packages still use the FAR macro. A pretty good argument can be made that this is a bad practice on the part of the software in question, but since this affects more than one package, it\'s just easier to fix it here. + Fixed issues that were preventing the ARM 64-bit SIMD code from compiling for iOS, and included an ARMv8 architecture in all of the binaries installed by the \"official\" libjpeg-turbo SDK for OS X.- Adapt patches to upstream changes libjpeg-ocloexec.patch > libjpeg-1.4.0-ocloexec.patch libjpeg-turbo-1.3.0-int32.patch > libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0-int32.patch- Remove libjpeg-turbo-CVE-2014-9092.patch; fixed on upstream release- Bump tminor to 1
* Thu Nov 27 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- security update CVE-2014-9092 [bnc#906761]
* added libjpeg-turbo-CVE-2014-9092.patch
* Wed Oct 15 2014 olafAATTaepfle.de- Obsolete jpeg version 6b, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 to avoid conflicts during zypper dup
* Mon Mar 31 2014 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- update to 1.3.1:
* Fixed a bug whereby attempting to encode a progressive JPEG with arithmetic entropy coding (by passing arguments of - progressive -arithmetic to cjpeg or jpegtran, for instance) would result in an error, \"Requested feature was omitted at compile time\".
* Fixed a couple of issues whereby malformed JPEG images would cause libjpeg-turbo to use uninitialized memory during decompression.
* Fixed an error (\"Buffer passed to JPEG library is too small\") that occurred when calling the TurboJPEG YUV encoding function with a very small (< 5x5) source image, and added a unit test to check for this error.
* etc. see ChangeLog.txt
* Thu Feb 20 2014 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Provide right name for turbo library 32bit generating.
* Fri Feb 07 2014 tchvatalAATTsuse.com- Require libturbojpeg in the devel package. Otherwise we just have dangling symlink there.
* Tue Sep 10 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- update do 1.3.0:
* Fixed a Huffman encoder bug that prevented I/O suspension from working properly.
* Added support for additional scaling factors (3/8, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 9/8, 5/4, 11/8, 3/2, 13/8, 7/4, 15/8, and 2) when decompressing. Note that the IDCT will not be SIMD-accelerated when using any of these new scaling factors.
* The tjDecompressToYUV() function now supports the TJFLAG_FASTDCT flag.
* cjpeg can now be used to generate JPEG files with the RGB colorspace (feature ported from jpeg-8d.)
* etc. see ChangeLog.txt
* Mon May 27 2013 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- Build with full RELRO as this library is exposed to possible malicious images.
* Fri May 17 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- libjpeg62-turbo package created [bnc#807183]
* Mon Aug 13 2012 dmuellerAATTsuse.com- selfconflicts are not possible, remove it
* Mon Jul 23 2012 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- Update to version 1.2.1:
* fixed heap overflow [bnc#771791]
* Thu Mar 22 2012 idonmezAATTsuse.com- Update to version 1.2.0
* Fixed out-of-bounds read in SSE2 SIMD code
* Added a compile-time macro (LIBJPEG_TURBO_VERSION) that can be used to check the version of libjpeg-turbo against which an application was compiled.
* Added new RGBA/BGRA/ABGR/ARGB colorspace extension constants
* libjpeg-turbo will now correctly decompress erroneous CMYK/YCCK JPEGs whose K component is assigned a component ID of 1 instead of 4.
* Added SIMD routines for RGB-to-grayscale color conversion
* Improved the performance of the C color conversion routines
* Added a function to the TurboJPEG API that performs lossless transforms.
* Added support for 4:4:0 (transposed 4:2:2) subsampling
* Sat Nov 19 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
* Sat Nov 12 2011 crrodriguezAATTopensuse.org- Open all file descriptors with O_CLOEXEC, extended description in the patch file.
* Thu May 19 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.1.1:
* Fixed a 1-pixel error in row 0, column 21 of the luminance plane generated by tjEncodeYUV().
* libjpeg-turbo\'s accelerated Huffman decoder previously ignored unexpected markers found in the middle of the JPEG data stream during decompression. It will now hand off decoding of a particular block to the unaccelerated Huffman decoder if an unexpected marker is found, so that the unaccelerated Huffman decoder can generate an appropriate warning.
* Fixed a bug in jpeg_read_coefficients() whereby it would not initialize cinfo->image_width and cinfo->image_height if libjpeg v7 or v8 emulation was enabled. This specifically caused the jpegoptim program to fail if it was linked against a version of libjpeg-turbo that was built with libjpeg v7 or v8 emulation.
* Eliminated excessive I/O overhead that occurred when reading BMP files in cjpeg.
* Thu Mar 03 2011 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- updated to 1.1.0:
* Added further protections against invalid Huffman codes.
* Added an extended version of tjDecompressHeader().
* Added arithmetic encoding and decoding support.
* TurboJPEG/OSS can now compress from/decompress to grayscale bitmaps.
* Added emulation of the libjpeg v7 and v8 APIs and ABIs.
* Added two new TurboJPEG API functions, tjEncodeYUV() and tjDecompressToYUV().
* The TurboJPEG dynamic library now uses versioned symbols.
* Fixed visual artifacts in grayscale JPEG compression caused by a typo in the RGB-to-chrominance lookup tables.- see ChangeLog.txt for details.- removed upstreamed jpegtran.patch and rh639672.patch
* Tue Dec 14 2010 pgajdosAATTsuse.cz- spec file cleanup
* Fri Dec 10 2010 pgajdosAATTnovell.com- this jpeg version will be the default to the prejudice of jpeg8 from now on
* Sun Nov 07 2010 prusnakAATTopensuse.org- created package based on Fedora one (v 1.0.1)