Changelog for libtasn1-6-4.13-62.1.x86_64.rpm
Thu Feb 22 13:00:00 2018 fvogtAATTsuse.com
- Use %license (boo#1082318)
Fri Jan 19 13:00:00 2018 kbabiochAATTsuse.com
- update to 4.13
* On indefinite string decoding, set a maximum level of allowed
recursions (3) to protect the BER decoder from a stack exhaustion.
Sun Jun 4 14:00:00 2017 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- libtasn1 4.12:
* Corrected so-name version
- includes changes in 4.11:
* Introduce the ASN1_TIME_ENCODING_ERROR error code to indicate
an invalid encoding in the DER time fields.
* Introduced flag ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_ALLOW_INCORRECT_TIME. This flag
allows decoding errors in time fields even when in strict DER mode.
That is introduced in order to allow toleration of invalid times in
X.509 certificates (which are common) even though strict DER adherence
is enforced in other fields.
* Added safety check in asn1_find_node(). That prevents a crash
when a very long variable name is provided by the developer.
Note that this to be exploited requires controlling the ASN.1
definitions used by the developer, i.e., the \'name\' parameter of
asn1_write_value() or asn1_read_value(). The library is
not designed to protect against malicious manipulation of the
developer assigned variable names
- includes changes from 4.10:
* Updated gnulib
* Removed -Werror from default compiler flags
(drop patch 0001-configure-don-t-add-Werror-to-build-flags.patch)
* Fixed undefined behavior when negating integers in _asn1_ltostr().
* Pass the correct length to _asn1_get_indefinite_length_string in
asn1_get_length_ber. This addresses reading 1-byte past the end
Wed Aug 10 14:00:00 2016 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- update to 4.9:
* Fix OID encoding of OIDs which have elements which exceed 2^32
- Do not treat i586 warning as error, adding upstream
Mon Apr 11 14:00:00 2016 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to 4.8
* Fixes to avoid reliance on C undefined behavior.
* Fixes to avoid an infinite recursion when decoding without the
ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_STRICT_DER flag. Reported by Pascal Cuoq.
(CVE-2016-4008 / bsc#982779)
* Combined all the BER octet string decoding functions to a
single one based on asn1_decode_simple_ber().
Wed Sep 16 14:00:00 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 4.7:
* Fixed regression introduced in the decoding of multi-byte tags
Mon Sep 7 14:00:00 2015 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- libtasn1 4.6:
* Allow decoding OCTET STRINGs with multi-byte tags.
* Add asn1_get_object_id_der
Fri May 1 14:00:00 2015 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- update libtasn1 4.5:
* Corrected an invalid memory access in octet string decoding.
Sun Mar 29 14:00:00 2015 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- update to libtasn1 4.4 [bsc#924828]:
* Corrected a two-byte stack overflow in asn1_der_decoding.
Sun Mar 22 13:00:00 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update project url
- Cleanup spec-file with spec-cleaner
- Add info preun and post dependencies
- Update to 4.3
* Added asn1_decode_simple_ber()
* Only assign a value if the previous node has one (bsc#961491).
Sat Feb 14 13:00:00 2015 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Put C API documentation into -devel package.
Use modern %make_install. Description fix.
Wed Oct 8 14:00:00 2014 tabrahamAATTsuse.com
- updated to libtasn1 4.2:
* Noteworthy changes in release 4.2 (released 2014-09-15) [stable]
- Added sanity checks in the decoding of time when
ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_STRICT_DER is used.
- Fixes in the decoding of OCTET STRING when close to the end
of the structure.
* Noteworthy changes in release 4.1 (released 2014-08-23) [stable]
- Corrected indefinite tag check in ANY constructions. That allows
the decoding of BER-encoded structures that contain indefinite
encoding within an ANY element.
- Added DER decoding flag ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_STRICT_DER. Over the
years BER functionality was added to the decoder and this flag
provides the way to disable it.
- API and ABI changes since last version:
ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_STRICT_DER: New definition
* Noteworthy changes in release 4.0 (released 2014-06-26) [stable]
- Optimized asn1_der_decoding_startEnd(). It no longer requires the
additional decoding step.
- asn1_read_value() understands the ?CURRENT keyword, which can be used
to indicate the current element of a sequence, when the provided node
is a sequence element.
- Several optimizations in DER decoding of structures with sequences
containing many elements.
- asn1_der_decoding2() is introduced and allows flags to be passed on
the decoding process. Currently only ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_ALLOW_PADDING is
defined and that allows decoding DER structures that contain arbitrary
data past their end. Contributed by Karel Slany.
- API and ABI changes since last version:
ASN1_DECODE_FLAG_ALLOW_PADDING: New definition
asn1_dup_node: New function
asn1_der_decoding2: New function
asn1_der_decoding_element: It is now an alias to asn1_der_decoding
Fri Jul 25 14:00:00 2014 mgorseAATTsuse.com
- updated to libtasn1 3.7:
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.7 (released 2014-06-26) [stable]
- Fixes in length calculation in _asn1_extract_der_octet().
- Fixes in DER decoding.
- Fixes: CVE-2014-3468 CVE-2014-3467 CVE-2014-3469 bnc#880738
Tue Jun 3 14:00:00 2014 meissnerAATTsuse.com
- libtasn1.keyring: added Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
key, who did this release (and shares responsibility with Simon).
- updated to libtasn1 3.6
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.6 (released 2014-05-25) [stable]
- Corrected an off-by-one error in ASN.1 DER tag decoding. (CVE-2014-3468/bnc#880735)
- Several improvements and new safety checks on DER decoding;
issues found using Codenomicon TLS test suite. (CVE-2014-3469/bnc#880738,
- Marked asn1_der_decoding_element() as deprecated. Use
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.5 (released 2014-05-01) [stable]
- Correctly handle decoding of recursive CHOICE options.
- Allow deleting elements of SET OF. Patch by Jean-Louis Thekekara.
- Several small bug fixes found by coverity.
- Code improvements contributed by Kurt Roeckx.
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.4 (released 2013-11-25) [stable]
- Added asn1_delete_structure2() which allows zeroizing the contents
of all values in the structure prior to deinitialization.
- The parser accepts negative numbers in an INTEGER range (but
still does no enforce them).
Tue Jun 25 14:00:00 2013 cooloAATTsuse.com
- remove gpg source checking again to avoid this cycle:
libtasn1 -> libssh2_org -> openssh -> krb5 -> python-Jinja2 -> vim -> libtasn1
Thu Jun 20 14:00:00 2013 meissnerAATTsuse.com
- updated to libtasn1 3.3
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.3 (released 2013-03-23) [stable]
- More precise overflow checks using gnulib\'s intprops module.
- Updates to compile in Android systems.
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.2 (released 2012-11-30) [stable]
- Corrected buffer overflow in the error reporting of the parser (reported
by Andreas Metzler).
* Noteworthy changes in release 3.1 (released 2012-11-24) [stable]
- Completed rename of types:
ASN1_ARRAY_TYPE -> asn1_static_node (was asn1_static_node_t)
- Added new types: VisibleString, NumericString, IA5String, TeletexString,
PrintableString, UniversalString, BMPString, UTF8String. When re-defined
a warning is being print instead of failing.
- Parser outputs more detailed syntax error messages.
- Added asn1_decode_simple_der() and asn1_encode_simple_der().
- Added asn1_read_value_type() to return value and type.
- Introduced ASN1_ETYPE_UTC_TIME and ASN1_ETYPE_GENERALIZED_TIME
- added gpg source checking
Sat Nov 17 13:00:00 2012 andreas.stiegerAATTgmx.de
- update to libtasn1 3.0, SONAME libtasn1.so.6
- Added tool in tests/ to benchmark X.509 structure decoding.
- Added asn1_read_node_value() to obtain a node\'s value.
- Optimizations in internal tree allocation.
- Optimizations in tree search.
- libtasn1.h no longer exports internal structures.
- Types were renamed for consistency:
ASN1_DATA_NODE -> asn1_data_node_st
ASN1_ARRAY_TYPE -> asn1_static_node
ASN1_TYPE -> asn1_node
ASN1_TYPE_EMPTY -> NULL
static_struct_asn -> asn1_static_node_st
node_asn_struct -> asn1_node_st
node_asn -> asn1_node_st
(the old types are still available as definitions)
- fix W: devel-package-with-non-devel-group
Fri Sep 28 14:00:00 2012 meissnerAATTsuse.com
- updated to version 2.14
This release adds asn1_read_node_value() to obtain a node\'s value. This
is to deprecate the export of the node_asn internal structure for the
upcoming 3.x release. The ASN1_DATA_NODE type and the ASN1_ETYPE_
constants were added to support the new function.
- removed upstreamed libtasn1-stdio.h patch
- make check
Sun Jul 22 14:00:00 2012 ajAATTsuse.de
- Fix build with missing gets declaration (glibc 2.16)
Fri Jun 29 14:00:00 2012 cfarrellAATTsuse.com
- license update: LGPL-2.1+ and GPL-3.0
Tools are GPL-3.0
Sat Apr 14 14:00:00 2012 tabrahamAATTnovell.com
- update to version 2.12
+ Cleanup license headers.
+ build: Update gnulib files.
+ Corrected DER decoding issue (reported by Matthew Hall).
Added self check to detect the problem, see tests/Test_overflow.c.
This problem can lead to at least remotely triggered crashes, see
further analysis on the libtasn1 mailing list.
Sun Jan 8 13:00:00 2012 tabrahamAATTnovell.com
- update to version 2.11
+ qa: now builds without compiler warnings with Solaris CC
+ qa: added clang analysis. fixed cyclomatic complexity output
+ tests: added self-test of bit string functions
+ build: added windows/libtasn14win.mk rules to produce Windows
+ build: don\'t hard code path to perl in doc/gdoc
+ various minor fixes
- changes in version 2.10
+ lib: small optimization, possibly working around gcc/valgrind issue
+ build: update gnulib files
+ asn1Coding: actually implement the -c parameter
+ asn1Decoding: the -c parameter serves no purpose. remove it.
+ doc: add examples to asn1Coding and ans1Decoding description
- changes in version 2.9
+ tests: link to gnulib to avoid build error related to \'rpl_ftello\'
on Solaris. Reported by Dagobert Michelsen
+ doc: fix bug reporting address to point at help-libtasn1AATTgnu.org
+ doc: fix returns: documentation in Texinfo. Reported by Jeffery
+ build : update gnulib files
- changes in version 2.8
+ update gnulib files
+ use libtool 2.2.10 to ease MinGW64 builds
- changes in version 2.7
+ Doc: build PDF manual using GTK-DOC
+ Doc: fix of asn1_check_version, documentation was missing from
+ Build: avoid warnings about ignored visibility attributes on
- changes in version 2.6
+ Fix build failure on platforms without support for GNU_LD
+ libtasn1: simplified implementation of asn1_check_version
+ tests: improved self-checks
+ update gnulib files, fix many syntax-check nits, indent code,
fix license templates
- changes in version 2.5
+ doc: improve GTK-DOC comments
+ misc: updated gnulib files
- changes in version 2.4
+ Doc fixes
+ updated gnulib files
+ clean up copyright notices
- changes in version 2.3
+ libtasn1 is now an official GNU project
+ solve build problem on Tru64 related to TRUE/FALSE
+ More careful decoding of OIDs
+ Fixed warning in ANS1.y
+ Use \"Software libraries\" info dircategory
+ Drop GPL/LGPL copies from the manual (not needed there)
+ New configure parameters to set packagin specific information
The parameters are --with-packager, --with-packager-version,
and --with-packager-bug-reports. See
Sun Oct 31 13:00:00 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Use %_smp_mflags
Sat Apr 24 14:00:00 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com
- buildrequire pkg-config to fix provides
Thu Dec 17 13:00:00 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Add baselibs.conf as a source
Thu May 21 14:00:00 2009 vuntzAATTnovell.com
- Update to version 2.2:
+ Change how the ASN1_API decorator is used in libtasn1.h, for
+ Changed license of libtasn1.pc from GPLv3+ to LGPLv2.1+.
+ Building with many warning flags now requires
+ Some warnings fixed.
- Fix license of library packages: it\'s LGPL not GPL.
Wed May 6 14:00:00 2009 vuntzAATTnovell.com
- Update to version 2.1:
+ Fix compilation failure on platforms that can\'t generate empty
archives, e.g., Mac OS X.
- Changes from version 2.0:
+ Optimized tree generation.
+ ASN1 parser code re-generated using Bison 2.4.1.
+ Build with more warning flags. Many compiler warnings fixed.
+ Compiled with -fvisibility=hidden by default if supported.
+ The libtasn1-config tool has been removed. For application
developers, please stop using libtasn1-config for finding
libtasn1, use proper autoconf checks or pkg-config instead.
- Remove AutoReqProv: it\'s default now.
- Pass --disable-static to configure.