Changelog for python2-gobject-3.30.4-110.7.x86_64.rpm
* Sun Dec 02 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.30.4: + gtk overrides: Fix rows getting inserted on the wrong level with TreeStore.insert_before/inster_after if parent=None.
* Tue Nov 27 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.30.3: + GValue: fall back to the custom C marshaller to support fundamental types. This makes GValue work with GstFraction. + GValue: Work around wrong annotations for GVariant. + Fix GObject attribute access during instance init which can lead to errors with __getattr__ implementations of subclasses. This lead to criticals when instantiating Gio.DBusProxy.
* Mon Nov 12 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.30.2: + tests: Fix some test with newer glib. + overrides: Fix crash when using non-ascii text with Gtk.Builder.add_from_string/add_objects_from_string. + Various meson/distutils build fixes for MSVC. + foreign-cairo: Fix cairo marshalling not using the foreign converters in some cases. + build: setup.py reproducible build fixes.
* Wed Sep 26 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.30.1: + Fix various crashes on big endian systems. + meson: Don\'t link against libpython on non-Windows systems.
* Sat Sep 01 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.30.0: + Various test suite fixes to get things to pass with Ubuntu 18.10.
* Fri Aug 17 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.29.3: + meson: - Support building pycairo as a subproject. - Declare_dependency for use by potential superprojects. - Update glib wrap file. - Fix the Python 2 build not not use the system pycairo extension when running tests. + pygi-convert.sh: Various fixes and updates. + Gtk.Template: - Fix instantiation error when using the new code with older PyGObject. - Don\'t error out when loading a resource that is only available in an overlay. + Fix various crashes when running against a debug Python 3.7 build. + overrides: - Allow calling GObject.Binding.unbind() multiple times with GLib 2.58+. - Gio.ListStore overrides use splice() when adding/removing many items with GLib 2.58+. + Work around pylint reporting bogus warnings regarding a missing self argument for normal functions. + Add override for GdkPixbuf.Pixbuf.new_from_data() to wrap new_from_bytes() to work around a use after free.
* Sat Jun 09 2018 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.29.2: + Gtk.Template: Allow marking children as \"internal-child\". + Gio.Settings: implement __iter__. + Release the GIL when emitting a signal. + Don\'t wrap GValue in GValue when creating GValueArray. + Don\'t crash on multiple calls to GObject.Value.__del__. + Various fixes. + Various fixes/improvements for PyPy. + Issues fixed: glgo#GNOME/pygobject#115, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#134, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#130, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#45, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#200, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#29, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#213, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#219, glgo#GNOME/pygobject#193. + Updated documentation.
* Mon Jun 04 2018 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.29.1: + Support for `PyPy
`__ and PyPy3. (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#180). + Cairo: support :class:`cairo.Matrix` conversion. (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#16). + Speed up repeated closure creation by caching the closure cache in the argument cache (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#103). + Overrides: Make :meth:`Gtk.ListStore.insert_before`, :meth:`Gtk.ListStore.insert_after`, :meth:`Gtk.TreeStore.\\ insert_before` and :meth:`Gtk.TreeStore.insert_after` atomic. + Make :class:`GLib.Error` picklable (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#45). + Add basic support for template based widgets through ``Gtk.Template`` (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#52). + Avoid truncating value returned from g_value_info_get_value. + Various documentation improvements.- Drop: + gnome-common BuildRequires and autoreconf call, and replace configure/make_build/make_install macros with python_build and python_install, following upstream drop of Autotools. + pycompile-searchpath.patch: it is no longer needed.
* Fri Jun 01 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.28.3: + Fix Gio.Application leak in case no signal handler is set before. + Squash critical warning when using array as hash value.
* Tue Mar 27 2018 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.28.2: + Fix: - __str__ return type of Gtk.TreePath with depth == 0 (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#143); - A crash when setting a str property with a value containing surrogates (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#169). + Tests: Fix a potential crash during tests.
* Sat Mar 17 2018 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.28.1: + Fix a GValue leak (regression) (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#176). + Various fixes for Python 3.7 (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#170).
* Mon Mar 12 2018 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.28.0: + GLib.Variant: Fix creation of guchar arrays from bytes.
* Fri Mar 02 2018 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.27.5: + Re-revert transfer-none boxed copy changes. Now with more fixes and tests. + Add caching for boxed type lookup and try to avoid the import lock.
* Wed Feb 28 2018 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Modernize spec-file by calling spec-cleaner
* Wed Feb 14 2018 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.27.4: + tests: Fix tests under Wayland (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#163). + tests: Make it possible to use pytest directly. + Reverted transfer-none boxed copy changes due to regressions in gnome-music (glgo#GNOME/pygobject#164).
* Sat Feb 10 2018 bjorn.lieAATTgmail.com- Update to version 3.27.3: + Fix a 3.27.2 regression where functions return invalid boxed values. + tests: - Make tests run without Gtk/Gdk installed. - Remove dependency on ``localedef``. - Require/Use pytest.
* Wed Feb 07 2018 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.27.2: + setup.py: - Add a \"quality\" command which is equal to \"make check.quality\". - Add a \"test\" command which is equal to \"make check\". - Install pkg-config and header files. - Improve pycairo header lookup with pycairo >=1.16. + autotools: \"make check.quality\" now requires flake8. + overrides: - Fix ``Gtk.Adjustment.__init__()`` overrides not setting \"value\" sometimes. :issue:`151` :mr:`3` - ``GLib.Variant``: add support to create maybe types. + Make it possible to resolve ambiguous vmethod names. Ambiguities can be resolved by implementing methods named \"do_$namespaced_base_class_name_$vfunc_name\". + Fix setting a property installed in Python from C in some cases. + pygobject-object: fix memory corruption around list of closures. + Don\'t copy the boxed if we are the sole owner of the wrapper after a closure. + Only copy transfer-none boxed values in closures once the closure exists. This allows modifying the passed boxed while allowing to keep the wrapper around after the closure is done.- Drop pkgconfig(libffi) BuildRequires: no longer needed.
* Sun Dec 17 2017 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.27.1: + setup.py: - Rework pycairo discovery to not use pkg-config. - Remove various classifiers and the download-url which aren\'t accepted by pypi. + Add sphinx based documentation (bgo#791448). + PKG-INFO: Revert name back to PyGObject.- Remove the executable bit from example scripts as an extra sanity/security measure.
* Sun Dec 10 2017 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.27.0: + Demo: - pep8 fixes. - Add new Gtk.FlowBox example (bgo#735918). - Use HeaderBar for main app window (bgo#735918). + Fix potential: - Uninitialized memory access during GC (bgo#786872). - Potential overflow when marshalling flags from py interface (bgo#786948). + configure.ac: Error out in case autoconf-archive isn\'t installed (bgo#784428). + Move pygi-convert.sh into tools. + Drop: - Python 3.3 support (bgo#790787). - pygobject-3.0-uninstalled.pc file. + Tests: - Some more C locale fixes. - Make the test suite pass with the C locale. + Fixes: bgo#622084, bgo#622084, bgo#731501, bgo#788890, bgo#788894, bgo#777719, bgo#786948, bgo#786948, bgo#735918, bgo#735918, bgo#790346, bgo#735918, bgo#735918.- Switch libffi-devel BuildRequires by its pkgconfig module counterpart once configure only looks for its module.- Adopt the use of %make_build macro instead of raw make command, following best practices.
* Sat Oct 28 2017 luc14n0AATTlinuxmail.org- Update to version 3.26.1: + Pygobject-object: Fix Python GC collecting a ref cycle too early (bgo#731501). + Fix potential uninitialized memory access during GC (bgo#786872). + Test: revert parts of the previous test as it\'s broken on 32 bit builds (bgo#786948). + Flags: Add testcase for bug 786948 (bgo#786948). + Fix potential overflow when marshalling flags from py interface (bgo#786948). + to_py_array: Properly handle enum array items (bgo#788890). + Closure: Fix unaligned and out-of-bounds access (bgo#788894). + Build: Fix not installing .egg-info file (bgo#777719).- Run spec-cleaner -p to get respectives pkgconfig(
*): gio-2.0, glib-2.0 and gobject-introspection-1.0.
* Tue Sep 12 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.26.0: + Closure: silence a new compiler warning. + Make sure version information passed to require_version is a string (bgo#781582). + Test fixes.
* Fri Sep 08 2017 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update package summaries. Fix RPM groups and do not run fdupes across hardlink partitions.
* Sun Jun 18 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.25.1: + Bugs fixed: bgo#663068, bgo#667959, bgo#686835, bgo#698548, bgo#699440, bgo#707196, bgo#712197, bgo#726484, bgo#730908, bgo#735076, bgo#735206, bgo#744690, bgo#746564, bgo#759009, bgo#759276, bgo#762176, bgo#769789, bgo#772896, bgo#772949, bgo#773394, bgo#773803, bgo#777713, bgo#777719, bgo#780396, bgo#780409, bgo#780591, bgo#780652, bgo#780768, bgo#780812.
* Thu May 18 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Once again filter typelib(Gtk) dependency out of python2-gobject: it\'s not possible to use multiple __requires_exclude_from statements in the specfile, thus change the filter to be valid for python2 and python3 at the same time.
* Wed Apr 19 2017 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.24.1: + pygi-info: initialize GIArgument before passing it to g_constant_info_get_value (bgo#772949).
* Mon Mar 27 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Switch to single-spec version.- Add python version-dependent wrapper packages to pull in necessary dependencies.- Include all dependencies in -devel packages.- Rebase .changes file to include changes in -devel package.
* Mon Mar 20 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.24.0: + overrides: Update for Gdk-4.0 and Gtk+-4.0 (bgo#773315, bgo#777680). + Disable -Werror=missing-prototypes (bgo#777534). + Fix new PEP8 errors (bgo#776009). + Move pep8/pyflakes tests from \'make check\' to \'make check.quality\' (bgo#764087). + Handle exception unreffing Variant at exit (bgo#776092). + Handle multiple deinit of callable cache (bgo#776092).- Drop python-gobject-missing-prototypes.patch: fixed upstream.
* Wed Mar 15 2017 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Provide python2- versions of packages to ease transition to python single-spec macros.
* Mon Feb 27 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Move Pango overrides to -Gdk package: the main pygobject package is supposed to be installable without a dependency on X (boo#1025819).
* Wed Feb 22 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Add python-gobject-missing-prototypes.patch: Disable - Werror=missing-prototypes (bgo#777534).- Add gnome-common BuildRequires and call autoreconf, as above patch touches the build system.
* Mon Sep 19 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.22.0: + Version bump only, no changes.
* Sun Sep 11 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.21.92: + Handle nullable filename parameters (bgo#770821). + Fix list/hashtable enum <-> hash conversion on 64-bit big endian (bgo#770608). + Allow passing sockets to io_add_watch on win32 (bgo#766396). + Tests: Use dbus-run-session instead of dbus-launch to run tests (bgo#770798).
* Thu Aug 25 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.21.91: + Allow installing with pip (bgo#767988). + Skip a test with older glib (bgo#740301). + Fix a test with Python 3.1/3.2 (bgo#740324). + tests: Use places kwarg for assertAlmostEqual (bgo#740337). + Print exception if marshalling a signal argument fails (bgo#748198). + overrides: allow treemodel sequence shorthands (bgo#766580). + Remove pygobject-external.h (bgo#767084). + Remove pygobject-private.h and rename pygobject.c to pygobject-object.c (bgo#767084). + Merge pyglib-private.h into pyglib.h (bgo#767084). + Remove pygi.h and pygi-private.h (bgo#767084).
* Wed Aug 17 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Do not consider __init__.py for automatic dependency generation: this file is filled with large comments section but in fact not with dependencies (parsing it happens to add a typelib(Gtk) = 3.0 dependency).
* Sat May 07 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.21.0: + gi: Add require_versions() function (bgo#761141). + build: Do not enable code coverage based on lcov (bgo#764075).
* Tue May 03 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Move gi/overrides/keysyms.
* also to the -Gdk subpackage: Keysyms is mapped to Gdk symbols and is only usable in GUI apps.
* Mon Apr 25 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.20.1: + test_gerror_novalue: Don\'t assign the error to a variable (bgo#764165).
* Mon Apr 18 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Do not package GIMarshallingTests: it\'s only used by the test suite and is useless on an installed system (the corresponding typelibs and libraries are also not installed).
* Fri Apr 15 2016 mgorseAATTsuse.com- Update to GNOME 3.20 Fate#318572
* Wed Apr 13 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Split out a python-gobject-Gdk subpackage: do not forcibly pull in the entire X-stack for CLI tools requiring python-gobject for dbus bindings for example.- The new package supplements python-gobject together with libgdk.
* Tue Mar 22 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.20.0: + No changes.
* Wed Mar 16 2016 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.19.92: + No changes.
* Wed Mar 02 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.19.91: + Fix marshaling of GError stored in GValue (bgo#761592). + Fix marshaling or GError from Python to C from function calls (bgo#685197). + Error handling/reporting fixes (bgo#751956). + Fix crash due to GVariant implemented as PyGBoxed not PyGIStruct (bgo#751956). + Fix crash with GValueArray stored in GValue (bgo#754359).
* Sun Feb 21 2016 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.19.90: + tests: - Set the active style context state before retrieving values. - Fix crash with empty drag source icon names (bgo#762392). + Try to import GdkX11 in Gdk overrides (bgo#673396). + Fix import warnings pointing to the wrong code with CPython 3.3/3.5 (bgo#757184).
* Wed Nov 25 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.19.2: + tests: Fix failure due to new GTK+ warning regarding size_allocate(). + Fix build warnings regarding _POSIX_C_SOURCE redefinition. + Drop -std=c90 for now.- Changes from version 3.19.1: + Use a named tuple for returning multiple values (bgo#727374). + enum/flags: use gir info for type names and __repr__ instead of the gtype name (bgo#657915). + Improve and unify __repr__ format for PyGObject, PyGBoxed and PyGIStruct (bgo#657915). + Don\'t leak internal RepositoryError on import (bgo#756033). + Import dependencies when importing typelibs from gi.repository (bgo#656314). + Don\'t import inspect at module level. + invoke state: add a free memory cache for PyGIInvokeArgState (bgo#750658). + invoke/closure: reduce g_slice_alloc usage (bgo#750658). + Bump g-i dependency to latest stable. + Avoid calling g_slist_length() during invoke. + Simplify closure_convert_arguments(). + Remove a level of indentation in convert_ffi_arguments(). + Prevent passing the user data multiple times to callbacks (bgo#750347). + Support throwing exceptions in closures (bgo#710671).
* Sat Oct 24 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.18.2: + Reroll of tarball to correct the previous one.- Changes from version 3.18.1: + Fix Gdk.rectangle_intersect/rectangle_union missing with GTK+ 3.18 (bgo#756364). + pep8: ignore new errors reported by pep8 1.6. + Don\'t emit require_version warning if namespace was loaded previously using g_irepository_require (bgo#754491).
* Wed Oct 21 2015 toddrme2178AATTgmail.com- Explicitly define python build version. Fixes incorrect autodetection in some situations (such as devel:languages:python3 right now).
* Tue Sep 22 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.18.0: + Stable release, no changes.
* Thu Aug 20 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.17.90: + Allow passing unicode lists to GStrv properties on Python 2 (bgo#744745). + Avoid a silent long to int truncation (bgo#749698). + Handle gtype marshalling (bgo#749696). + pygi-foreign-cairo.c: fix include for py3cairo.h (bgo#746742). + tests: Silence various error messages and warnings (bgo#751156). + Fix test regression when xdg-user-dirs is not installed (bgo#751299). + Explicitly check if an override exists instead of ImportError (bgo#749532).
* Mon Jun 15 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.17.1: + Add gi.PyGIWarning used when import version is not specified (bgo#727379). + Remove Gdk.Rectangle alias with newer gobject-introspection and GTK+ (bgo#749625). + Field setters: Remove unneeded type/range checks and unused code (bgo#746985). + pygi-argument: Remove unused imports/includes (bgo#746985). + Improve test coverage for field setters/getters (bgo#746985).
* Mon Jun 15 2015 zaitorAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.16.2: + overrides: Provide _overrides_module attribute (bgo#736678).
* Wed Apr 15 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.16.1: + overrides: Conditionalize touch override support in Gdk (bgo#747717).
* Tue Mar 24 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.16.0: + Stable release, no changes since 3.15.91.
* Thu Mar 05 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.15.91: + Add GLib.MINFLOAT etc. and mark GObject.G_MINFLOAT etc. deprecated (bgo#743514). + Emit PyGIDeprecationWarning when accessing deprecated override attributes (bgo#743514). + Add namespace and container name to all warnings/error messages (bgo#743468). + Avoid duping filenames when marshalling from Python to C (bgo#744719). + test: - Don\'t use deprecated override attributes (bgo#743514). - Add test for GIRepository.UnionInfo.get_size() (bgo#745362).
* Sat Feb 21 2015 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.15.0: + Avoid copying bytearrays from Python to C when transfer nothing (bgo#743278). + Allows passing arguments to opaque Boxed types (bgo#743214). + Emit ImportWarning when gi.require_version() is not used (bgo#727379). + Refactor overrides import/modules (bgo#736678). + Replace statically bound GLib.Variant.new_tuple() with GI (bgo#735199). + overrides: Add Gdk.EventTouch union discrimination (bgo#736380). + PyGObjectFlags: Remove a trailing comma on the enum. + Remove redefinitions of function and vfunc cache typedefs.