Changelog for usb_modeswitch-2.5.2-lp150.1.3.x86_64.rpm
* Sun Apr 15 2018 enzokielAATTkabelmail.de- Update to version 2.5.2
* Bugfix release: fixed additional MessageContent parameters not working, reported by Frank Schmirler (see http://draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?p=18369).
* Fixed \"early crash\" when killed before libusb context initialization (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1358472), reported by Lubomir Rinteln.
* Fixed bad string reference, reported by Lubomir Rintel, (see http://draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?p=18238).
* Fixed detection of systemd if /sbin/init is a cascaded symlink (see http://draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?p=18218).
* Fixed quirk in help message from usb_modeswitch binary.
* Tue Aug 22 2017 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update to version 2.5.1
* New parameter \"HuaweiAltMode\", uses an alternative Huawei standard bulk message which will either provide NCM (newer modems) or plain PPP ports (older modems).
* New option in the global configuration file \"HuaweiAltModeGlobal\", allowing easy override of \"HuwaeiNewMode\" with \"HuaweiAltMode\".
* Reworked USB configuration switching, configuring a device reset first before setting the target configuration.
* Improved driver detachment, now taking all configured interfaces into account.- Update usb-modeswitch-data package to version 20170806
* Added devices: [03f0:371d] HP un2430, [03f0:4b1d] HP hs2434, [03f0:4e1d] HP lt4111, [03f0:a31d] HP lt4132, [0846:0fff] Netgear AirCard 779S, [12d1:15ec] Vodafone/Huawei K5150.
* Corrected/amended configs: [0922:1003] Dymo LabelManager 420P, [0922:1007] Dymo LabelManager Wireless PnP, [1199:0fff] Sierra devices.
* Removed configs: [1004:61aa] LG VL600.- Updated file device_reference.txt.- Added file parameter_reference.txt
* Fri Feb 24 2017 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update usb-modeswitch-data package to version 20170205
* Bugfix release: Removed all catch-all fallback config files as they can affect unrelated devices - fixes (rh#1374913).
* Sat Jan 28 2017 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update to version 2.5.0
* ATTENTION: Parameter transmitted from udev now reduced to %k (kernel name), however, rules file parameters can be \'%b/%k\' or \'%k\' - this fixes issues with parameter handling by the systemd unit file.
* Remove endpoint reset ahead of bulk message transmission, only reset if endpoints are actually stalled, helping with quirky device behaviour (see www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/ viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2582 ).
* Stability fix by making a buffer in the config parser static, preventing problems seen in Fedora (thanks to Lubomir Rintel for patches and hints regarding the three previous issues).
* Removed premature driver unbinding in wrapper which could disrupt certain devices already in target mode (reported by Aleksander Morgado).
* Improved check for determining install mode (essential with generic config files present, e.g. 12d1:#linux).- Update usb-modeswitch-data package to version 20170120.
* Fri Oct 28 2016 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update usb-modeswitch-data package to version 20160803.- Added systemd as BuildRequires and fixed install of service file.
* Tue Sep 13 2016 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Avoid a race in make install, which lead to packaging a truncated usb_modeswitch_dispatcher script. Fixes boo#998641
* Sat Aug 20 2016 stefan.bruensAATTrwth-aachen.de- Install required usb_modeswitchAATT.service, fixes boo#994763
* Fri Jul 29 2016 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update to version 2.4.0
* ATTENTION: All ad-hoc driver binding code (using new_id driver attribute) removed - was a potential source of side effects and should now be obsoleted by good kernel support for modems.
* Added \"dummy\" setting for config files, to conditionally refrain from handling a device (see this topic: www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2458).
* Extended StandardEject sequence to include LUN 1, required for some D-Link devices.
* Add device class 239 (\"miscellaneous\") to sanity check (thanks to Daniel Drake for reporting).
* udev shell script - removed driver binding, removed almost all waiting and forking, improved check for systemd (thanks to Daniel Drake for problem analysis and solution, see this topic/patch: www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?p=16777#p16777, gist.github.com/dsd/9f83c4830ab78ce94078aedb2cf16a8f).
* Tue Feb 16 2016 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update to version 2.3.0
* ATTENTION: -I flag is now history and being ignored - determining SCSI attributes is really an \'outside task\'.
* -n flag (NeedResponse) is being ignored, CSW response will now always be read.
* Introduction of parameter \"OptionMode\", wrapping the standard bulk message for all newer Huawei devices.
* Fixed missing variable initialization in dispatcher script which could lead to crash (thanks, Dmitry Kunilov!).
* Fixed bug which prevented early logging.
* Fixed success report for Cisco AM10.
* Some source code formatting and clean-up.- Removed fix for bnc#899013, fixed upstream.
* Fri Nov 13 2015 joerg.lorenzenAATTki.tng.de- Update to version 2.2.6
* Renamed function abort(), avoiding possible conflicts in static builds with libjim (thanks, Gustavo Zacharias).
* Removed storage class check of interface 0 from dispatcher, enabling new multi-config devices in data package 20151101.
* Fri Jul 24 2015 jweberhoferAATTweberhofer.at- Removed unused usb_modeswitch-data.rpmlintrc- Removed changelog from documentation- Cleaned up specfile- Update to version 2.2.5
* Fixed bug in configuration check, possibly leading to segfault (thanks, Leonid Lisovskiy);
* fixed Pantech commandline parameter evaluation (was not working at all);
* added driver unbind step via sysfs in wrapper, getting rid of the USB subsystem complaint \"interface 0 claimed by usb-storage while \'usb_modeswitch\' \"- Update to version 2.2.4
* Fixed buggy check of USB configuration selection (possibly leading to segfault), tested with Alcatel X602D;
* removed call to \'libusb_strerror\' from libusb initialization - not available in earlier libusb1 versions- Update to version 2.2.3
* Fixed problem arising with systemd version 221 (220 untested), which affects starting the usb_modeswitch systemd unit from the sh script (reported by Archlinux users)- Update to version 2.2.2, 2015/06/27
* Added catch for libusb init error (thanks, Henrik Gustafsson);
* removed global function result variable; added catch for USB configuration read error (both thanks to \"otila\");
* fixed wrapper script where port search for symlinking modem port was broken (\"/dev/gsmmodem\");
* changed PantechMode parameter to represent different targets;
* added global config option to disable MBIM checking and setting alltogether (request from \"kai\");
* changed udev sh script so that systemd processing takes precedence over upstart;
* changed systemd template unit parameter to avoid escaping problems- Update the data package to version 20150627
* Sat Apr 25 2015 cooloAATTsuse.com- use pkgconfig to detect udev install directory to avoid problems during bootstrap
* Wed Apr 08 2015 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Update to version 2.2.1
* Fixed unreliable switching function for Cisco AM10- Update the data package to version 20150115- Update device_reference.txt
* Tue Mar 24 2015 cxiongAATTsuse.com- add usb_modeswitch-fix_fsf_address.patch
* Update FSF address.
* Tue Nov 04 2014 andreaAATTopensuse.org- removed patch obsolete huawei-timing.patch to fix boo#903753
* Mon Nov 03 2014 andreaAATTopensuse.org- new upstream version 2.2.0
* Introduction of parameter \"HuaweiNewMode\", wrapping the standard bulk message for all newer Huawei devices; support for generic fall-back config files, combined with OS switch (per vendor ID), implementation to use a specific switching command on Android for all Huawei devices (see README of data package for details); this change was suggested by Huawei
* Sat Oct 11 2014 andreaAATTopensuse.org- fix for bnc #899013
* Thu Oct 02 2014 andreaAATTopensuse.org- upgraded the data package to version 20140529
* Mon May 26 2014 tittiatcokeAATTgmail.com- Update to 2.1.1
* Code cleanup
* Better usage of libusb1
* -I flag meaning reversed, default is to skip SCSI inquiry
* Experimental systemd and upstart integration
* Thu May 16 2013 mvyskocilAATTsuse.com- drop /bin/eject from dependencies, it is no longer called- install device_reference.txt as %doc- use URL in all relevant Source tags- drop obsoleted sections from spec
* Mon Dec 03 2012 p.drouandAATTgmail.com- Update to 1.2.5:
* Initial support for MBIM devices, use with data package >= 20121109; checking for these is the automatic default, new parameter NoMBIMCheck prevents the check per device in case of problems; new global option to set \"delay_use\" of usb-storage (as low values may prevent mode-switching);
* fix for handling multi-configuration devices (thanks to Bjørn Mork for advice)- Removed files:
* add_alcatel_ot_x220d.patch: supported on upstream release
* 1bbb:f017: supported on upstream release- Adapt huawei-timing.patch for 1.2.5
* Wed Oct 17 2012 fcrozatAATTsuse.com- Fix build with new udev directory location
* Fri Sep 28 2012 gschlotterAATTsuse.com- huawei-timing.patch:
* fixed timing issues with huawei devices (E173, ...) bnc#740354
* Fri Jul 20 2012 javierAATTopensuse.org- Update data package to 20120531- Add Alcatel OT-X220D support
* Sun Apr 01 2012 gankovAATTopensuse.org- New data package 20120120- Update to 1.2.3- Add BuildRequires tcl- Using fdupes
* Mon Feb 13 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com- patch license to follow spdx.org standard
* Tue May 10 2011 andreaAATTopensuse.org- New data package 20110227- Update to 1.1.7:
* Attention: paths for runtime files and database have changed!
* fix for configuration setting race (thanks to Amit Mendapara);
* discovered incompatibility between Tcl versions <= 8.3 and >=8.4, so 8.4 is the minimum prerequisite now;
* Mon Jan 10 2011 dmuellerAATTsuse.de- fix dependency
* Wed Jan 05 2011 biliAATTnovell.com- Update to 1.1.6 including:
* Moved warm-boot driver binding to sh wrapper, was unreliable in 1.1.5;
* initial device checking includes current \"bConfigurationValue\" now, should work with config setting for multiple devices;
* made tcl script conform to limitations of \"jimsh\", the minimal tcl shell (hint from Barry Kauler);
* fixes for \"usbserial\" fallback (driver binding for old systems);
* in the C program, changed parameter \"MessageDelay\" (hitherto unused) to \"ReleaseDelay\", to be used in one device configuration- Update database to 20101222 state.
* Tue Dec 14 2010 ajAATTsuse.de- Update to 1.1.5 including:
* Added special control message for Kobil devices
* try to get active configuration for interface class checking
* fixed \"0000\" target product ID - again
* new bash and tcl wrapper logic: the convenience functions for driver binding and symlinking will now start the tcl shell ONLY for known devices;- Update database to 20101202 state.
* Mon Aug 23 2010 pthAATTsuse.de- Update to 1.1.4
* The package should work at boot time now (cold and warm)
* Product IDs of \"0000\" do exist but were not accepted, fixed
* Response endpoint is now always detected
* Wrapper script can now work with a packed collection of config files as well as with the plain folder of files
* Wrapper fix for the symlink feature: handling of multiple interrupt ports was incomplete
* Wrapper does not longer use a temporary file for the symlink feature
* Thu Jul 08 2010 andreaAATTopensuse.org- New upstream version 1.1.3
* Added delay option to separate multiple message transfers by millisecs
* fixed (possibly dangerous) sloppy string handling
* Added \"clear_halt\" for response endpoint
* Small additions in Makefile (install with -D)
* Changes in option handling (no more default config file!)
* Symlink feature in wrapper can now cope with devices providing more than one interrupt port
* Wrapper now ignores package manager leftovers in config folder
* Replaced bash-specific syntax in wrapper
* Changed ZTE skipping (if existing rules are found) to warning- update data package to version 20100707- spec file clean up (sources support \'make install\')
* Tue May 18 2010 ajAATTsuse.de- Cleanup spec file.
* Tue May 11 2010 tuoma_melAATTinbox.ru- update to version 1.1.2