Changelog for GeoIP-data-1.6.9-17.1.noarch.rpm
Thu Jun 16 14:00:00 2016 martin.liskaAATTsuse.com
- Fix compilation errors seen by GCC6.
Thu Feb 4 13:00:00 2016 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.6.9
* Fix a regression introduced in version 1.6.8, which caused
GeoIP_database_info to erroneously return NULL.
- Changes for 1.6.8
* Allow compilation on older systems by relaxing the autoconf
and automake minimum versions. Thank you, Jose Rubio!
* Avoid potential problems in multi-threaded environments by
consistently using pread() rather than read().
* Fix various small issues reported by clang\'s static analyser.
Mon Nov 16 13:00:00 2015 mrueckertAATTsuse.de
- Update to 1.6.7
* Fixed a MSVC parser stack overflow when parsing regionName.c
and timeZone.c. Fix by elliotlo. GitHub #64.
* Updated region codes and timezones.
When using GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE with an invalid database file,
the search tree traversal could attempt to read memory outside
of the memory allocated for the memory cache, resulting in a
segmentation fault. A check was added to ensure that the
traversal code does not try to read beyond the end of the file,
whether in memory, memory mapped, or on disk.
* Previously the return values from file reads were ignored. We now
check these values to ensure that there were no errors.
- copy the tools from the debian package to work with the database
files. new BR gcc-c++. Files are installed into the same path as
on debian /usr/lib/geoip/. new binaries:
Mon Sep 28 14:00:00 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.6.6
* Replaced usage of deprecated fileno, read, and lseek on Visual
Studio 2005+ with their ISO C++ conformant replacements.
* A warning about using a double as a float was fixed.
* Fixed segfault when doing a lookup on an empty database.
* Fixed a memcheck error from valgrind in the _check_mtime
* Fixed _check_mtime to check the return value of gettimeofday
rather than just assuming it worked.
Thu Mar 12 13:00:00 2015 astiegerAATTsuse.com
- Remove unused zlib build requirement
- fix pubpackage arch build error, for SLE 11 SP3
Tue Mar 10 13:00:00 2015 jweberhoferAATTweberhofer.at
* Updated LICENSE, using the upstream version.
* The GPL license has been removed:test-driver is licensed under the GPL but
is not packaged, libGeoIPUpdate is no longer part of the package.
* Changed handling of ghost files.
* Moved data into a seperate package.
Fri Mar 6 13:00:00 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Update to 1.6.5
* A segmentation fault in geoiplookup was fixed when the utility
was passed an invalid database. (Reported in Red Hat
* Additional validation was added for validation of the size used
in the creation of the index cache. (Based on discussion in
Red Hat bug #832913.)
* Changed the code to only look up country codes by using
functions which ensure that we do not try to look past the end
of an array. (Reported by Ivan Sorokin. GitHub #53)
Sat Feb 21 13:00:00 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com
- Disable checks, they fail with currently provided data file.
- Update to 1.6.4:
+ Update Fips code
+ Several issues with the MinGW build were fixed.
+ Use a constructor in pread.c to ensure the critical section is
+ Added missing include of io.h on Windows
+ Fixed configure warning that \'missing\' script is too old or
+ Previously nmake /f Makefile.vc clean would fail on Windows. This was fixed.
+ Obsolete win32 and NetWare make files were removed.
+ Numerous documentation updates.
- Changes from 1.6.3:
+ Added a GEOIP_SILENCE flag. Include this flag when calling
GeoIP_open to prevent any messages from being written to stderr.
+ Mitigate a possible race condition when running nuder threads
in the GeoIP_cleanup function.
+ Added some recommendations to the docs on using this library
in a threaded application.
+ Fixed some bugs discovered by coverity, including failure to
check some system call return values and making sure all
strings are null-terminated
- Changes from 1.6.2:
+ Two files required for building on Win32 were missing from the
1.6.1 release. These files were added. There are no changes
affecting other platforms.
- Changes from 1.6.1:
+ Improve Win32 support.
+ Update FIPS codes.
- Changes from 1.6.0:
+ The GeoIP Update program was move to its own repo and source
Wed Jul 31 14:00:00 2013 dimstarAATTopensuse.org
- Update to version 1.5.1:
+ Update time_zone for Ontario, Canada.
+ geoiplookup and geoiplookup6 exit code is 0 when user asked for
+ Added -h option to geoiplookup6.
+ Do not load the database file if nodes and file size do not
+ Keep README and man pages in pure ascii.
+ It doesn\'t make sense to use GEOIP_INDEX_MODE with small
databases like GEOIP_COUNTRY_EDITION. Instead of undefined
behaviour we handle it silently as GEOIP_MEMORY_MODE.
+ Update FIPS codes for Greece.
- Changes from version 1.5.0:
+ Rename custom_directory to GeoIP_custom_directory.
+ Make sure the database match the requested type. This is
helpful for Databases with the same default name and the
general geoiplookup form (geoiplookup without a specific
+ apps/geoiplookup6.c use the ipnum instead of the hostname
+ Use configure.ac instead of configure.in.
+ Region lookup is a bit faster.
+ Add pkg-config file.
+ Updates required to build a Windows DLL under MinGW.
+ Make API thread safe.
+ geoiplookup\'s default charset is UTF8 -l change the charset
back to iso8859-1.
+ geoipupdate skips \\r otherwise it might be part of the last
+ Update time zones.
+ Update Region codes.
+ Remove the unused CITYCONFIDENCE
* database types.
+ bootstrap rebuilds ltmain.sh.
+ Update README.OSX for Lion.
+ Change Macedonia to Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of.
+ Add region_name to geoiplookup GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV1.
+ Add region_name to geoiplookup GEOIP_CITY_EDITION_REV0.
+ Add a --disable-data-files option.
+ Add GEOIP_ACCURACYRADIUS_EDITION and
+ Add more database types GEOIP_COUNTRYCONF_EDITION,
GEOIP_CITYCONF_EDITION, GEOIP_REGIONCONF_EDITION and
+ Fix default filenames for GEOIP_NETSPEED_EDITION_REV1 and
- Add pkg-config BuildRequires: needed in order for the pkgconfig()
provides to be automatically provided.
- Drop libtool BuildRequires and call to autoreconf: the tarball is
in good condition now.
Wed Feb 6 13:00:00 2013 cfarrellAATTsuse.com
- license update: GPL-2.0+ and LGPL-2.1+
Mon Feb 4 13:00:00 2013 cooloAATTsuse.com
- update license to new format
Tue May 29 14:00:00 2012 jengelhAATTinai.de
- Regenerate autotools files manually to resolve build failure
stemming from automatic mode
Wed Apr 11 14:00:00 2012 andreas.stiegerAATTgmx.de
- add build requirement libtool
Sat Mar 24 13:00:00 2012 poemlAATTcmdline.net
- run libtoolize -f, or make will fail
- fix filelist, which had a hardcoded version number
Fri Mar 23 13:00:00 2012 poemlAATTcmdline.net
- update to 1.4.8
* Fix GEOIP_DOMAIN_EDITION_V6
* Add new Datatypes GEOIP_NETSPEED_EDITION_REV1_V6 and
* Fix possible directory traversal weakness in geoipupdate-pureperl.pl with
malicious update server
* Fix GEOIP_ORG_EDITION_V6 and GEOIP_ISP_EDITION_V6
Sat Jan 28 13:00:00 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com
- use original tar
Thu Jan 12 13:00:00 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com
- change license to be in spdx.org format
Fri Dec 16 13:00:00 2011 lnusselAATTsuse.de
- remove nonexistant libGeoIP requirement from libGeoIP-devel-32bit
Fri Sep 16 14:00:00 2011 jengelhAATTmedozas.de
- Add libGeoIP-devel to baselibs
- Remove redundant tags/sections
Mon May 23 14:00:00 2011 lnusselAATTsuse.de
- new version 1.4.7
* better IPv6 support
* various bug fixes
- add baselibs.conf
Thu Jun 18 14:00:00 2009 lnusselAATTnovell.com
- move database files to /var/lib/GeoIP
Wed Jun 17 14:00:00 2009 prusnakAATTsuse.cz
- added tool which fetches the current GeoIP data (geoip-fetch)
Thu May 28 14:00:00 2009 lnusselAATTsuse.de
- new version 1.4.6 (bugfix release)