Changelog for libgmp10-6.1.2-5.5.x86_64.rpm
* Thu Feb 09 2017 dimstarAATTopensuse.org- Explicitly BuildRequire m4
* Wed Jan 04 2017 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 6.1.2 release.
* Mini-GMP: Fixed a division bug, which on a machine with 64-bit unsigned long affects approximately 1 out of 2^32 divisors.
* Mini-GMP: Fix mpz_set_str crash on inputs with a large number of leading zeros. Also stricter input validation, rejecting inputs with no digits.
* Handle more systems which require PIC code in static libraries (e.g., \"hardened\" Gentoo and Debian 9).
* Configuration for arm (-32 and -64) has been rewritten, fixing poor code selection for many CPUs.
* Mini-GMP: Updated to the latest development version, including new functions mpn_com and mpn_neg.- Add gmp-6.1.2-conftest.patch to fix configure test.
* Thu Jun 30 2016 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Use macro for configure (as bsc#870358) is already fixed- Use xz compressed archives- Update info pages dependencies
* Thu Jun 23 2016 astiegerAATTsuse.com- gmp 6.1.1:
* Work around faulty cpuid on some recent Intel chips (this allows GMP to run on Skylake Pentiums).
* Mon Nov 02 2015 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 6.1.0 release.
* New C++ functions gcd and lcm for mpz_class
* New public mpn functions mpn_divexact_1, mpn_zero_p, and mpn_cnd_swap
* New public mpq_cmp_z function, to efficiently compare rationals with integers
* Support for more 32-bit arm processors
* Support for AVX-less modern x86 CPUs
* Speedups and bugfixes- Includes gmp-6.0.0-ppc64-gcd.diff, now removed- Update gmp keyring
* Tue Feb 24 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Remove old ppc related conditionals
* Tue Feb 24 2015 mpluskalAATTsuse.com- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner- Refresh sources- Add gpg signature- Correct version number so that it matches actuall version
* Mon Nov 17 2014 schwabAATTsuse.de- Make gmp-noexec.diff compatible with arm- Use correct version number
* Fri Nov 07 2014 afaerberAATTsuse.de- Fix tarball directory name to unbreak build
* Wed Mar 26 2014 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 6.0.0 release.
* includes powerpc64le support and obsoletes gmp-support-powerpc64le-linux.patch and gmp-ppc64le-mod.patch
* The function mpz_invert now considers any number invertible in Z/1Z
* The mpn multiply code now handles operands of more than 2^31 limbs correctly
* Plain division of large operands is faster and more monotonous in operand size
* Major speedup for ARM, in particular ARM Cortex-A15, thanks to improved assembly.
* Speedup for Intel Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, thanks to rewritten and vastly expanded assembly support. Speedup also for the older Core 2 and Nehalem.
* Faster mixed arithmetic between mpq_class and double.
* With g++, optimise more operations when one argument is a simple constant.
* Support for ARM64 alias Aarch64 alias ARMv8.
* New public functions mpn_sec_mul and mpn_sec_sqr, implementing side-channel silent multiplication and squaring.
* New public functions mpn_sec_div_qr and mpn_sec_div_r, implementing side-channel silent division.
* New public functions mpn_cnd_add_n and mpn_cnd_sub_n. Side-channel silent conditional addition and subtraction.
* New public function mpn_sec_powm, implementing side-channel silent modexp.
* New public function mpn_sec_invert, implementing side-channel silent modular inversion.
* Better support for applications which use the mpz_t type, but nevertheless need to call some of the lower-level mpn functions. See the documentation for mpz_limbs_read and related functions.- gmp-6.0.0-ppc64-gcd.diff: Fix build on ppc64 and ppc64le- Fix build on SLE11 by not using %configure
* Wed Dec 04 2013 antonAATTsamba.org- gmp-support-powerpc64le-linux.patch: Add ppc64le ABIv2 support- gmp-ppc64le-mod.patch: Fix ppc64le issues
* Wed Oct 02 2013 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 5.1.3 release.
* The internal functions mpn_sbpi1_div_qr_sec mpn_sbpi1_div_r_sec could compute garbage with a low probability. They are now rewritten, and the test code has been improved.
* A bug in the ia64 implementation of mpn_divrem_2, clobbering some callee-save registers, has been fixed. This is an internal function, with the bug manifesting itself as miscomputation in, e.g., mpn_sqrtrem.
* The documentation now correctly says \'const\' for input arguments.
* Wed May 22 2013 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 5.1.2 release.
* A bug in mpz_powm_ui triggered by base arguments of at least 15000 decimal digits or mod arguments of at least 7500 decimal digits has been fixed.
* Wed Mar 27 2013 mmeisterAATTsuse.com- Added url as source. Please see http://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
* Wed Feb 20 2013 schwabAATTsuse.de- Update baselibs.conf for removal of libmp3
* Wed Feb 13 2013 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 5.1.1 release.
* Aarch64 alias ARM64 support now works.
* A possible buffer overrun in mpz_ior has been fixed.
* A rare sign flip in mpz_remove has been fixed.
* A bug causing problems with mpf numbers with absolute value >= 2^31 has been fixed.
* Several bugs in mini-gmp have been fixed.
* Preliminary support for the x32 ABI under x86-64.
* Wed Dec 19 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to GMP 5.1.0 release.
* Bug fixes and speedups
* Many new CPUs recognised
* New functions for multi-factorials, and primorial: mpz_2fac_ui, mpz_mfac_uiui and mpz_primorial_ui
* The fat binary mechanism is now more robust in its CPU recognition
* Drops support for BSD compatibility library
* Thu Sep 13 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com- replace ; with and in license tag
* Wed Jul 04 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Pick fix for the aborts from CPU detection code from the upstream branch. [bnc#671262]
* Tue Jul 03 2012 bwiedemannAATTsuse.com- do not abort on kvm\'s x86_64 \"CPU\" on AMD (bnc#671262)
* Tue May 29 2012 cooloAATTsuse.com- do not abort on kvm\'s x86_64 \"CPU\", just use generic support for unknown CPUs
* Mon May 07 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to release GMP 5.0.5
* A bug causing AMD 11h processors to be treated like AMD 10h has been fixed.
* A bug affecting recent Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs resulting in configuration failures has been fixed.
* Wed Feb 15 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Remove redundant --host specification on %configure.
* Fri Feb 10 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to release GMP 5.0.4
* Thresholds in mpn_powm_sec for both fat and non-fat builds are now used safely, plugging a one-word buffer overrun introduced in the 5.0.3 release (for non-fat) and a multi-word buffer overrun that existed since 5.0 (for fat). (We have not been able to provoke malign stack smashing in any of the ~100 configurations explored by the GMP nightly builds, but the bug should be assumed to be exploitable.)
* Two bugs in multiplication code causing incorrect computation with extremely low probability have been fixed.
* A bug in the test suite causing buffer overruns during \"make check\", sometimes leading to subsequent malloc crashes, has been fixed.
* Two bugs in the gcd code have been fixed. They could lead to incorrect results, but for uniformly distributed random operands, the likelihood for that is infinitesimally small. (There was also a third bug, but that was an incorrect ASSERT, which furthermore was not enabled by default.)
* A bug affecting 32-bit PowerPC division has been fixed. The bug caused miscomputation for certain divisors in the range 2^32 ... 2^64-1 (about 1 in 2^30 of these).
* Sat Feb 04 2012 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- Remove redundant tags/sections (see specfile guidelines)
* Mon Jan 30 2012 rguentherAATTsuse.com- Update to release GMP 5.0.3
* A slight timing leak of the powm_sec functions have been sealed. (This leak could possibly be used to extract the most significant few bits of the exponent. \"Few\" here means at most 10.)
* The mpz_nextprime function now runs a safer number of pseudo-random prime tests.
* A bug in division code possibly causing incorrect computation was fixed.
* New CPUs recognised.
* IBM S/390 are now supported in both 31/32-bit and 64-bit mode.- Dropped SUSE local patches for S/390 support.
* Tue Sep 27 2011 dmuellerAATTsuse.de- avoid noexec stack patch on arm
* Mon Jun 20 2011 idonmezAATTnovell.com- Update to release GMP 5.0.2
* Many minor bugs related to portability fixed.
* The support for HPPA 2.0N now works, after an assembly bug fix.
* A test case type error has been fixed. The symptom of this bug was spurious \'make check\' failures.
* Fat builds are now supported for 64-bit x86 processors also under Darwin.- Remove unknown configure option --disable-mpfr
* Mon Apr 18 2011 roAATTsuse.de- remove outdated entries from baselibs.conf
* Tue Jan 25 2011 rguentherAATTnovell.com- Drop bogus provides/obsoletes of ABI incompatible gmp version.
* Mon Sep 13 2010 rguentherAATTnovell.com- Package BSB libmp bindings. [bnc#623910]
* Mon Sep 06 2010 rguentherAATTnovell.com- Update to release GMP 5.0.1.
* Major performance and memory usage improvements.
* Enable fat binaries on x86.
* Bump SO version to 10.
* Mon Jun 28 2010 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- use %_smp_mflags
* Mon Jan 11 2010 rguentherAATTsuse.de- Update to bugfix release GMP 4.3.2.
* Fixed bug in mpf_eq.
* Fixed overflow issues in mpz_set_str, mpz_inp_str, mpf_set_str, and mpf_get_str.
* Avoid unbounded stack allocation for unbalanced multiplication.
* Fixed bug in FFT multiplication.
* Fri Dec 11 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- add baselibs.conf to specfile as source
* Mon Dec 07 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- Fix building on SPARC. When rpmbuild is called with - -target=sparcv9, %%_target_platform takes on the value \"sparcv9-suse-linux\", but this does not fly for gmp, it requires \"sparc-suse-linux\". This is similar to what binutils.spec does.
* Tue Nov 17 2009 rguentherAATTsuse.de- Fix obsoletes of old gmp package.
* Tue May 12 2009 rguentherAATTsuse.de- Update to bugfix release GMP 4.3.1.
* Fixed bug in mpn_gcdext, affecting also mpz_gcdext and mpz_invert.
* Fixed some minor documentation issues.
* Recognise more IBM \"POWER\" processor variants.
* Sat May 09 2009 rguentherAATTsuse.de- Fix baselibs.conf wrt package split. [bnc#501465]
* Wed Apr 15 2009 rguentherAATTsuse.de- Update to version 4.3.0.
* Speedups all over the board
* Fat binaries on x86_64- Split shared libraries according to policy.