Changelog for libjasper1-1.900.14-8.2.x86_64.rpm
* Wed Jul 12 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Other bugs fixed by existing patches:
* jasper-CVE-2016-9395.patch - bsc#1010756, CVE-2016-9394: assertion in jas_matrix_t
* jas_seq2d_create(int, int, int, int): Assertion `xstart <= xend && ystart <= yend\' - bsc#1010757, CVE-2016-9392: pc_dec.c:1637: void calcstepsizes(uint_fast16_t, int, uint_fast16_t
*): Assertion `!((expn + (numrlvls - 1) - (numrlvls - 1 - ((bandno > 0) ? ((bandno + 2) / 3) : (0)))) & (~0x1f))\' failed. - bsc#1010766, CVE-2016-9393: jpc_t2cod.c:297: int jpc_pi_nextrpcl(jpc_pi_t
*): Assertion `pi->prcno pirlvl->numprcs\' failed. - bsc#1010977, CVE-2016-9395: jas_seq.c:90: jas_matrix_t
* jas_seq2d_create(int, int, int, int): Assertion `xstart <= xend && ystart <= yend\' failed.- Other bugs fixed in current version:
* bsc#1010774, CVE-2016-9390: jas_seq.c:90: jas_matrix_t
* jas_seq2d_create(int, int, int, int): Assertion `xstart <= xend && ystart <= yend\' failed.
* bsc#1010782, CVE-2016-9391: jpc_bs.c:197: long jpc_bitstream_getbits(jpc_bitstream_t
*, int): Assertion `n >= 0 && n < 32\' failed.
* bsc#1010968, CVE-2016-9389: Assertion `((c1)->numcols_) == numcols && ((c2)->numcols_) == numcols\' failed.
* bsc#1010975, CVE-2016-9388: ras_dec.c:330: int ras_getcmap(jas_stream_t
*): Assertion `numcolors <= 256\' failed.
* bsc#1010960, CVE-2016-9387: jas_seq.c:90: jas_matrix<= yend\' failed.
* Tue Jul 11 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patch:
* jasper-CVE-2016-9262.patch + Fix for Multiple overflow vulnerabilities leading to use after free (bsc#1009994, CVE-2016-9262)
* Tue Jul 11 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patch:
* jasper-CVE-2017-1000050.patch + Upstream fix for NULL Pointer Dereference jp2_encode (bsc#1047958, CVE-2017-1000050)
* Thu Mar 30 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Modified patch:
* jasper-CVE-2016-9583.patch + integrate upstream change 99a50593254d1b53002719bbecfc946c84b23d27, which fixed a null pointer dereferencing crash.
* Wed Mar 22 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patches:
* jasper-CVE-2016-9583.patch - Out of bounds heap read in jpc_pi_nextpcrl() (bsc#1015400, CVE-2016-9583)
* jasper-CVE-2017-6850.patch - NULL pointer dereference in jp2_cdef_destroy (jp2_cod.c) (bsc#1021868, CVE-2017-6850)
* Fri Mar 17 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patches:
* jasper-CVE-2017-5498.patch - Upstream changes putting braces and belts around CVE-2017-5498, bsc#1020353, left-shift undefined behaviour
* jasper-CVE-2016-9600.patch - Upstream fix for \"Null Pointer Dereference due to missing check for UNKNOWN color space in JP2 encoder\" (CVE-2016-9600, bsc#1018088)
* Thu Mar 16 2017 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patch:
* jasper-CVE-2016-10251.patch - Upstream fix for bsc#1029497, CVE-2016-10251: Use of uninitialized value in jpc_pi_nextcprl (jpc_t2cod.c)
* Mon Mar 06 2017 sbrabecAATTsuse.com- Add -D_BSD_SOURCE to fix redefinition of system types in jas_config.h and breakage in ppc64le, s390 and s390x (bsc#1028070).
* Wed Dec 21 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patch:
* jasper-CVE-2016-9591.patch - Fix for bsc#1015993, CVE-2016-9591: Use-after-free on heap in jas_matrix_destroy
* Tue Dec 13 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Added patches:
* jasper-CVE-2016-8654.patch - Upstream fix for bsc#1012530, CVE-2016-8654: Heap-based buffer overflow in QMFB code in JPC codec
* jasper-CVE-2016-9395.patch - Upstream fix for bsc#1010977, CVE-2016-9395: jas_seq.c:90: jas_matrix_t
*jas_seq2d_create(int, int, int, int): Assertion \'xstart <= xend && ystart <= yend\' failed
* jasper-CVE-2016-9398.patch - Fix for bsc#1010979, CVE-2016-9398: jpc_math.c:94: int jpc_floorlog2(int): Assertion \'x > 0\' failed
* jasper-CVE-2016-9560.patch - Upstream fix for bsc#1011830, CVE-2016-9560: stack-based buffer overflow in jpc_tsfb_getbands2 (jpc_tsfb.c)
* Fri Oct 28 2016 jengelhAATTinai.de- Update summaries. Use %_smp_mflags for parallel build.
* Wed Oct 26 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Updated to bugfix release 1.900.14
* Security fixes + bsc#941919, CVE-2015-5203 + bsc#1006591, CVE-2016-8880 + bsc#1006593, CVE-2016-8881 + bsc#1006597, CVE-2016-8882 + bsc#1006598, CVE-2016-8883 + bsc#1007009, CVE-2016-8884, CVE-2016-8885 + bsc#1006599, CVE-2016-8886 + bsc#1006836, bsc#1006839, CVE-2016-8887
* Changes + Add another data file for testing (Michael Adams) + Ensure that not all tiles lie outside the image area (Michael Adams) + Added a note on sanitizer options (Michael Adams) + Added a simple test script (Michael Adams) + Added an --enable-memory-limit configure option (Michael Adams) + Manually merged and edited a few changes from Bob Friesenhahn (GraphicsMagick Maintainer) for Windows (Michael Adams) + Added some new mostly small image files (many of which are corrupt/invalid) that are useful for testing purposes (Michael Adams) + The debugging function jpc_dec_dump did not consider the case that a band can have a null data pointer (when a band contains no samples). This caused a null pointer to be dereferenced (Michael Adams) + Changed the JPC bitstream code to more gracefully handle a request for a larger sized integer than what can be handled (i.e., return with an error instead of failing an assert). (Michael Adams) + The component domains must be the same for the ICT/RCT in the JPC codec. This was previously enforced with an assertion. Now, it is handled in a more graceful manner (Michael Adams) + Fixed a few bugs in the RAS encoder and decoder where errors were tested with assertions instead of being gracefully handled (Michael Adams)
* Mon Oct 24 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Updated to bugfix release 1.900.13
* Changes + Fixed another problem with incorrect cleanup of JP2 box data upon error. (Michael Adams) + Fixed another integer overflow problem. (Michael Adams) + Replaced the remaining left and right shifts in the QMFB/MCT code that can result in undefined behavior (due to shifting negative values) with call to inline functions. These functions collect all of the undefined behavior in one place and also allow code sanitizers to ignore this ugliness (via function attributes). (Michael Adams) + Fixed a bug in the row/column split operations for QMFBs. (Michael Adams) + Made the PNM decoder more gracefully handle the not-fully- supported feature of signed sample data. (Michael Adams) + The PNM decoder did not gracefully handle an invalid magic number in the PNM header. (Michael Adams) + Fixed a MIF decoder bug. (Michael Adams) + The imginfo command did not correctly handle an image with zero components. (Michael Adams) + Fixed an integer overflow problem. (Michael Adams) + A new experimental memory allocator has been introduced. The allocator is experimental in the sense that its API is not considered stable and the allocator may change or disappear entirely in future versions of the code. This new allocator tracks how much memory is being used by jas_malloc and friends. A maximum upper bound on the memory usage can be set via the experimental API provided and a default value can be set at build time as well. Such functionality may be useful in run-time environments where the user wants to be able to limit the amount of memory used by JasPer. This allocator is not used by default. (Michael Adams) + Changed the configure setup so that if GCC is used warnings and pedantic errors are enabled. (Michael Adams) + Fixed a bug that resulted in the destruction of JP2 box data that had never been constructed in the first place. (Michael Adams) + The memory stream interface allows for a buffer size of zero. The case of a zero-sized buffer was not handled correctly, as it could lead to a double free (bsc#1005242, CVE-2016-8693). (Michael Adams) + Fixed a small memory leak for CRG marker segments. (Michael Adams) + Fixed a problem with a null pointer dereference in the BMP decoder. (Michael Adams) + Introduced jas_fast32_asl, jas_fast32_asr, and friends in order to pull all undefined behavior for left and right shift of (negative) integers into a small number of places and provide a means to have UBSAN ignore this ugliness. (Michael Adams) + Fixed an integral type promotion problem by adding a JAS_CAST. Modified the jpc_tsfb_synthesize function so that it will be a noop for an empty sequence (in order to avoid dereferencing a null pointer). (Michael Adams) + Added some extra debugging log messages for memory allocation/deallocation. (Michael Adams) + The RCT and ICT require at least three components. Previously, this was enforced with an assertion. Now, the assertion has been replaced with a proper error check. (Michael Adams) + The member (pi) in tiles was not properly initialized. This is now corrected. Also, each tile is now only cleaned up once. (Michael Adams) + Initialize uninitialized variable. (Michael Adams) + Added some options to configure for enabling various code sanitizers. (Michael Adams) + Added some range checks on parameters in some JPC marker segments. (Michael Adams) + Fixed potential integer overflow problem. (Michael Adams) + Added some functions for safe integer arithmetic (for size_t) in jas_math.h. (Michael Adams) + Fixed some indentation issues. (Michael Adams) + Converted a few raw mallocs to use jas_alloc2. Added code in the jas_
* memory allocation/deallocation functions to generate debugging log messages. Only disable JAS_DBGLOG message if NDEBUG is defined. (Michael Adams) + Added more error/log messages for debugging in the JPEG decoder. (Michael Adams) + Added some extra log messages for debugging. Added check of value returned by jas_matrix_create. (Michael Adams) + Applied fix for VPATH builds (Michael Adams) + Did some configure.ac cleanup (Michael Adams) + Fixed \'inline\' for older version of Visual Studio. (dirk) + Fix a potential double fclose of a FILE
* in the JPEG decoder. (Michael Adams) + Changed jas_types.h to assume that header files required by the C99 standard are present. (Michael Adams) + Incorporated changes from patch jasper-1.900.3-libjasper-stepsizes-overflow.patch (Michael Adams) + Incorporated changes from patch jasper-1.900.3-CVE-2011-4516-CVE-2011-4517-CERT-VU-887409.patch (Michael Adams) + Incorporated changes from patch jasper-1.900.3-Coverity-RESOURCE_LEAK.patch (Michael Adams) + Incorporated patch jasper-1.900.3-Coverity-NULL_RETURNS.patch (Michael Adams) + Fixed memory leak in jiv. (Michael Adams) + Fixed a sanitizer failure in the BMP codec (bsc#1005084, CVE-2016-8690). Also, added a --debug-level command line option to the imginfo command for debugging purposes. (Michael Adams) + Added some missing type casts to ensure promotion to the correct unsigned type to avoid undefined behavior (and stop warnings from USAN). (Michael Adams) + Fixed a linking problem with newer versions of GCC. (Michael Adams) + Changed --enable-debug configure option to enable some GCC sanitizers. (Michael Adams) + Added range check on XRsiz and YRsiz fields of SIZ marker segment (bsc#1005090, CVE-2016-8691, CVE-2016-8692). (Michael Adams) + At many places in the code, jas_malloc or jas_recalloc was being invoked with the size argument being computed in a manner that would not allow integer overflow to be detected. Now, these places in the code have been modified to use special-purpose memory allocation functions (e.g., jas_alloc2, jas_alloc3, jas_realloc2) that check for overflow. (Michael Adams) + Add fixes for CVE-2014-8137. (Michael Adams) + Added fix for CVE-2016-2089. (Michael Adams) + Moved abort into default case of switch statement. (Michael Adams) + Remove auto-generated file aclocal.m4 from repository. (Michael Adams) + Removed HAVE_VLA stuff from various configuration and build files. Also, changed a few INCLUDES to AM_CPPFLAGS in automake files (since INCLUDES is deprecated). (Michael Adams) + 1.701.0-GL (Richard Hughes) + pkgconfig (Richard Hughes) + Coverity-UNREACHABLE (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2016-1867 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2014-9029 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2014-8158 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2014-8157 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2014-8138 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2015-5221 (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2016-2116 (Richard Hughes) + Coverity-FORWARD_NULL (Richard Hughes) + jpc_dec.c (Richard Hughes) + Coverity-CHECKED_RETURN (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2016-1577 (Richard Hughes) + Coverity-UNUSED_VALUE (Richard Hughes) + Coverity-BAD_SIZEOF (Richard Hughes) + CVE-2008-3522 (Richard Hughes)- Removed patches:
* jasper-CVE-2016-2089.patch + Fixed upstream- Force -std=c99, since the upstream sources assume C99
* Tue Feb 02 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Modified patch
* jasper-CVE-2016-2089.patch + Use the new version of patch from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1302636 with more targetted checks.- Version the Obsoletes/Provides so that the package does not obsolete itself
* Thu Jan 28 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Add jasper-CVE-2016-2089.patch
* CVE-2016-2089: invalid read in the JasPer\'s jas_matrix_clip() function (bsc#963983)
* Thu Jan 14 2016 fstrbaAATTsuse.com- Add jasper-CVE-2016-1867.patch
* CVE-2016-1867: Out-of-bounds Read in the JasPer\'s jpc_pi_nextcprl() function (bsc#961886)
* Sun Jul 12 2015 badshah400AATTgmail.com- Add jasper-jpc_dec.patch to fix failure when manipulating images with 4 component color using reversible color translation (deb#469786); patch taken from Fedora.
* Fri Jan 23 2015 nadvornikAATTsuse.com- fixed CVE-2014-8157, CVE-2014-8158 (bnc#911837) + jasper-CVE-2014-8157.patch + jasper-CVE-2014-8158.patch
* Fri Dec 19 2014 nadvornikAATTsuse.com- fixed CVE-2014-8137, CVE-2014-8138 (bnc#909474, bnc#909475) + jasper-CVE-2014-8137.patch + jasper-CVE-2014-8138.patch
* Fri Dec 05 2014 nadvornikAATTsuse.com- fixed possible overflow CVE-2014-9029 (bnc#906364) + jasper-overflow-bnc906364.patch
* Thu Jun 12 2014 nadvornikAATTsuse.com- added obsoletes and provides of libjasper-32bit (bnc#881716)
* Wed Mar 05 2014 nadvornikAATTsuse.com- fixed possible overflow (bnc#725758, bnc#830803)
* Wed Sep 11 2013 pgajdosAATTsuse.com- added no-undef-true-false.patch to fix [bnc#839584]
* Thu Mar 28 2013 mmeisterAATTsuse.com- Added url as source. Please see http://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
* Sat Jan 12 2013 cooloAATTsuse.com- remove suse_update_config
* Sun Nov 13 2011 cooloAATTsuse.com- add libtool as explicit buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency from prjconf
* Wed Oct 05 2011 uliAATTsuse.com- cross-build fix: use %configure macro
* Mon Aug 02 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com- fix baselibs.conf
* Thu Jul 29 2010 cooloAATTnovell.com- do not build the highlevel image viewer in a basic library (in case someone needs it, we better do a 2nd spec file)- follow shared library policy
* Wed Dec 16 2009 jengelhAATTmedozas.de- add baselibs.conf as a source- enable parallel building